Pyramid 2019/2020

On 16/05/2019 at 19:53, Burnie_man said:

They're not getting in the Pyramid as a seperate league, ffs are they still clinging to that? if the last few weeks have shown anything, its that the EoS will not agree to that and the SFA can't force it.

Aye, but if they do...

EKFC a glorified boys club FFS. That surely must make Hamilton Accies a glorified school team then. Every club had to start somewhere and in 9 years they’ve won tier 5 twice and just missed out on promotion to the SPFL not bad for a new club. Junior fans putting down Lowland league clubs (tallest Pygmy contest)

Well for glorified boys clubs they seem to be doing ok. One strolled to a league title and got to the fourth round of the big Scottish and the second strolled to second place in the league[emoji6] and won another trophy this afternoon.

I tend to think of them as pop up teams

Well for glorified boys clubs they seem to be doing ok. One strolled to a league title and got to the fourth round of the big Scottish and the second strolled to second place in the league[emoji6] and won another trophy this afternoon.

There is no big Scottish for these clubs and all the other seniors just the Scottish

1 hour ago, Burnie_man said:

East Kilbride are a glorified boys club, really?

Why do folks get all embarrassed and stressed by someone pointing what’s is in these clubs own histories. It’s only telling the truth. If these recently formed clubs don’t want it mentioned then take it out the clubs home webpages.

1 minute ago, Tutankhamen said:

Why do folks get all embarrassed and stressed by someone pointing what’s is in these clubs own histories. It’s only telling the truth. If these recently formed clubs don’t want it mentioned then take it out the clubs home webpages.

Well East Kilbride weren't formed out of a long standing youth community club operation like Cumbernauld and BSC.

Maybe try and educate yourself before trolling.

2 hours ago, Tutankhamen said:

EK, BSC, Cumbernauld Colts

You really do suggest quite a bit of nonsense with nothing to back any of your claims. It is at a point where I think you put this out there in some perverse game to get your kicks.... You appear to know nothing of any of these teams, other than they don't appear to meet your 115 Yr old established joonyer club expectations... I can assure you the clubs you mentioned are anything but glorified boys clubs.... 

12 minutes ago, G4Mac said:

You really do suggest quite a bit of nonsense with nothing to back any of your claims. It is at a point where I think you put this out there in some perverse game to get your kicks.... You appear to know nothing of any of these teams, other than they don't appear to meet your 115 Yr old established joonyer club expectations... I can assure you the clubs you mentioned are anything but glorified boys clubs.... 

Ever read any of these clubs histories?

There’s just no need for having a go at or putting down these teams which is what you’re clearly doing. I could sit here and look down on and slate the Junior, Amateur and Non league senior teams as Raith are a bigger team and in turn a Dundee Utd or St Mirren fan could do the same to me. What difference does it make how old a team is, how many fans they have or where they came from? We’re all football clubs. So what if EKFC, BSC and Cumbernauld are new teams formed from boys clubs? They’re now as much a team as Celtic, Stranraer or Pollock are. ICT and Livingston weren’t even around 25 years ago but look what they’ve achieved. I look forward to the Juniors and any Amateurs who want to join the pyramid joining and finding their level.

9 hours ago, Tutankhamen said:

Ever read any of these clubs histories?

Don't have to, I have worked for one of them. And frankly your original post was 'most of the Lowland League are glorified boys clubs'..... You need to get better at trolling: you catch yourself out with your own jibberish, backtrack to 'I'm only stating the truth about a clubs history', then ask if I know the clubs history..... You really need to try harder. 

Your assertions and belittling of clubs who have worked tirelessly to get to where they are is becoming tedious. Is it bitterness or jealousy that compels you? 

You remind me of a man named John I used to know once.... 

Edited by Guest

To be fair to the tutu these clubs were ridiculed on here when they 1st entered the LL.  Funny how times have changed :shutup

I think they have proved they were well worthy of entry when a certain organisation was standing still.They grabbed their chance back then, and they are getting stronger and stronger by the season so from me its good luck to them  :whistle

Edited by newcastle broon

Broony I understand the whole devil's advocate thing but just because a clubs isn't steeped in 100 years of history doesn't mean it isn't worthy of recognition for the hard work it does and has done to get where it is..

To suggest that you can form an opinion on reading a clubs history is ridiculous and I don't think many people who support current junior or eos Premier clubs realise just how big a step up in footballing standards a league season in the LL is.

Having witnessed it first hand I can assure everyone the jump won't go as easily for every club who makes it, some of these 'boys clubs teams' have been the more consistent element in the league since its inception. 

21 minutes ago, G4Mac said:

Broony I understand the whole devil's advocate thing but just because a clubs isn't steeped in 100 years of history doesn't mean it isn't worthy of recognition for the hard work it does and has done to get where it is..

To suggest that you can form an opinion on reading a clubs history is ridiculous and I don't think many people who support current junior or eos Premier clubs realise just how big a step up in footballing standards a league season in the LL is.

Having witnessed it first hand I can assure everyone the jump won't go as easily for every club who makes it, some of these 'boys clubs teams' have been the more consistent element in the league since its inception. 

I’d love to know how BSC fund their operation.  It can’t be cheap hiring Alloa for season after season in front of crowds where you’d be lucky to cover the ref and linesmens expenses, then on top of that putting together a squad capable of a runners-up spot in the LL.

Do they have a backer funding this?

Back to the pyramid, for argument’s sake as a solution to the junior issue

Once the EoS create a Division 1, using this seasons standings as an example, using what would become Division 2...

Whats left of the East Juniors and the bottom 2 divisions of the West Juniors...

Would there not be a good case to regionalise further at this point, OUTWITH the current entertainment requirements for EoS?

Lothian/Borders (16 teams)

Craigroyston, Tynecastle, Peebles Rovers, Edinburgh United, Hawick RA, Orimston, Tweedmouth Rangers, Eyemouth United, Whitburn, Fauldhouse, Pumpherston, Livingston United, Armadale Thistle, Bathgate Thistle, Stoneyburn, West Calder United, 

Fife/Central (15-16 teams)

Burntisland SA, Inverkeithing HS, Dunipace, Glenrothes, Thornton Hibs, Kennoway Star Hearts, Lochore Welfare, Harthill Royal, Newburgh, Rosyth, Kirkcaldy YMCA, Lochgelly Albert, Glenrothes Strollers, Linlithgow Rose CFC, Bo’ness CFC, G’mouth Sygenta(?)

Lanarkshire/Glasgow (19 teams)

Larkhall Thistle, Bellshill Athletic, East Kilbride Thistle, Glasgow Perthshire, Royal Albert, Wishaw Juniors, Maryhill, Shettleston, Yorker Athletic, Lanark United, Lesmahagow Juniors, Carluke Rovers, Vale of Clyde, Ashfield, Vale of Leven, Thorniewood United, St Anthony’s, Forth Wanderers, Newmains United

Refrew/Ayrshire/South West (12 teams)

Girvan, Kello Rovers, Greenock Juniors, Port Glasgow Juniors,  Ardrossan Winton Rovers, Maybole, Lugar Boswell Thistle, Johnstone Burgh, Muirkirk Juniors, Annbank United, Saltcoats Victoria, Ardeer Thistle, plus any newcomers

The Tayside teams sort it out with the NoS juniors as a feeder (non mandatory!) to the HL and the SoS just stays as is, with option to join Ayrshire league at teir 8 if teams wish.

The top 2 leagues slot in beside EoS and we can all just get in with it! I know it will upset a few folk but it would finally create something that resembles a pyramid...

SoS - LL - HL

same - 2 feeder leagues (2 tiers)  - 2 feeders (NCL and NoS)

N/A - 4 feeder leagues - N/A

PROMOTION TO TIER 7 IS NOT MANDATORY  

Edited by Spyro
Ballsed it up

The English FA are now one season away from delivering a "pure" Pyramid. See attached example from yesterday's Non League Paper.  It would be interesting if Spyro or FairWeatherFan could produce a spreadsheet showing what a Scottish "pure" Pyramid would look like. Sadly the SFA currently lack the skills or will to develop a progressive Pyramid. So sad!

Pyramid1.thumb.jpg.9eb79c18323f7fe8e649bc5789495083.jpgPyramid2.thumb.jpg.f82bbc62d7654f4b7eaed1d77fc91a36.jpg

11 minutes ago, Pyramidic said:

The English FA are now one season away from delivering a "pure" Pyramid. See attached example from yesterday's Non League Paper.  It would be interesting if Spyro or FairWeatherFan could produce a spreadsheet showing what a Scottish "pure" Pyramid would look like. Sadly the SFA currently lack the skills or will to develop a progressive Pyramid. So sad!

Pyramid1.thumb.jpg.9eb79c18323f7fe8e649bc5789495083.jpgPyramid2.thumb.jpg.f82bbc62d7654f4b7eaed1d77fc91a36.jpg

The idea of the "pure pyramid" is that at steps 1-5 of the National League System the leagues will doube the further down you go. 1-2-4-8-16

You could maybe get away with something similar.

Tier 5 = 2x leagues Highland and Lowland League

Tier 6 = 4x league Highland North, Highland Central, Lowland West and Lowland East

Tier 7 = 8x leagues is where you start stretching things too far to be truly equal.