Pyramid 2019/2020

29 minutes ago, FairWeatherFan said:

In the West we'll hopefully see something happen this year. Cumnock and Petershill are probably largely compliant which is why they put their licensing applications in. If they get turned down for being junior, i'm not sure they will be putting their applications in the bin like Auchinleck did all those years ago.

Auchinleck themselves are working on floodlights with the intention of getting licensed

Then you've got the likes of Clydebank and Kilwinning who have shown interest, or declared their interest in the case of Clydebank.

You just need someone to break ranks from the SJFA party line.

After seeing the clubs in the east being shit on you can understand why they would be reluctant 

sometimes better the devil you know 

12 hours ago, Truthteller said:

After seeing the clubs in the east being shit on you can understand why they would be reluctant 

sometimes better the devil you know

I do believe 6 clubs in the EoS have just been Licenced.  Maybe you should move on from trolling constantly and get a life.

24 minutes ago, Burnie_man said:

I do believe 6 clubs in the EoS have just been Licenced.  Maybe you should move on from trolling constantly and get a life.

True and if Broxburn or Penicuik had won the EoS championship they would of been promoted thanks to the LL extending their deadline. Its only the SFA that have buggered things up organizationally right now.

Well, within the pyramid at least. The SJFA party line lie of all in tier 6 is costing Cumnock and Petershill entry to the Scottish Cup and SFA membership.

14 hours ago, FairWeatherFan said:

You just need someone to break ranks from the SJFA party line.

If Clydebank's fans hold the club to joining the pyramid, and going east is now out of the question, they need to set a date for when the WRJFA is confirmed as joining at tier 6 - otherwise they begin creating a WoSFL for 20-21 (or less likely, join the SoS with a mass of teams like Auchinleck and Cumnock).

1 minute ago, Ginaro said:

If Clydebank's fans hold the club to joining the pyramid, and going east is now out of the question, they need to set a date for when the WRJFA is confirmed as joining at tier 6 - otherwise they begin creating a WoSFL for 20-21 (or less likely, join the SoS with a mass of teams like Auchinleck and Cumnock).

In Clydebank's case we should have an idea of what they're doing after their AGM this summer as it's a topic of discussion and could see some sort of vote taken. I'm curious if it will be before or after the SJFA AGM. You'd have to assume the SJFA will cover what actions their taken relating to the pyramid going forward.

As a change of subject, congratulations to Cove Rangers for a decisive victory over Berwick Rangers in both legs of the playoff. Only the 2nd club after Edinburgh City to win promotion to the SPFL via the pyramid.

I can't help feeling sorry for Berwick Rangers.  They will however be a very welcome addition to the Lowland League next season. 

Edited by Robert James
post sent in error before completed

1 hour ago, Robert James said:

As a change of subject, congratulations to Cove Rangers for a decisive victory over Berwick Rangers in both legs of the playoff. Only the 2nd club after Edinburgh City to win promotion to the SPFL via the pyramid.

I can't help feeling sorry for Berwick Rangers.  They will however be a very welcome addition to the Lowland League next season. 

I decided to go to the game and Berwick were awful. Cove had already hit the post before taking the lead with a dubious goal awarded after what looked like a routine clearance off the line. After Berwick went down to 10 men just before half time they barely had any possession, with Cove happy to pass, pass, pass.

What would happen if the HFL champions kept getting promoted to the SPFL  ? I know they have an 18 team set up at present but does that keep diminishing away till they have maybes just a few teams left at tier 5 ? Never happen but is a scenario  ? 

Also what would happen if the University of Stirling got relegated to the EOSFL ? Obviously the EOSFL Premier and the other division(s) are 2 leagues but having the same sides in same league is another scenario that could pop up  ? How would this affect the promotion/relegation side of things  ? Would the Uni EOSFL side at present have to go elsewhere  ? 

What would happen if the HFL champions kept getting promoted to the SPFL  ? I know they have an 18 team set up at present but does that keep diminishing away till they have maybes just a few teams left at tier 5 ? Never happen but is a scenario  ? 
Also what would happen if the University of Stirling got relegated to the EOSFL ? Obviously the EOSFL Premier and the other division(s) are 2 leagues but having the same sides in same league is another scenario that could pop up  ? How would this affect the promotion/relegation side of things  ? Would the Uni EOSFL side at present have to go elsewhere  ? 

I guess in the event highland league champions repeatedly replace lowland region clubs and north juniors/NCL then they would possibly have to move the border further south. Would take extreme circumstances and maybe them going down to 10 or so clubs before people talked about it.

As for Stirling uni I could see the EoS quietly making the premier division inaccessible to reserve sides in the near future. Cups would be dealt with in the same manner as now with the Reserve side not in cups the main team enter.

If the main side found themselves further relegated I suspect they will question why the run a reserve side at such a high level when the first team aren’t performing, properly withdraw the reserve side preventing the authorities from dealing with it. Same if Stranraer were to plummet down the leagues.

On 17/05/2019 at 20:41, superbigal said:

The continued wrangling within the ersjfa is understandable considering how many rugs have been pulled, and by the threats of member clubs. I am still frankly astonished by the complete apathy in the west region.

The apathy in the east would be more understandable as not a single club I am aware of in the tayside and north fife area has any licensing or pyramid climbing aspirations.

I honestly don't get the 'we know our place' mantra. This is competitive* sport, not the corner shop averting eyes from the out of town superstore on the horizon.

And my hometown team of St. Andrews Utd are in north Fife area, no? The bubble might burst one day!

* competition onfield, competition for sponsors, players, coaches, supporters...

Edited by cmontheloknow

1 hour ago, newcastle broon said:

Top post.

That’s probably what will come to pass. Basically the dross no hopers no supporters at the bottom of SFL2 just like East Stirling and Berwick will eventually be weeded out. These guys all had an innings in a slam door shut cosy set up. Only pity is most of the Lowland League are glorified boys clubs. Was looking from a bit more from Kelty but no luck so far. I won’t mention Bonnyrigg, that’s a disaster zone of a decision.

I honestly don't get the 'we know our place' mantra. This is competitive* sport, not the corner shop averting eyes from the out of town superstore on the horizon.

And my hometown team of St. Andrews Utd are in north Fife area, no? The bubble might burst one day!

* competition onfield, competition for sponsors, players, coaches, supporters...

Meant in the juniors bud.

Of course St Andrew's are the exception in this part of the world. Saints themselves have actually had floodlights infrastructure in place for many moons.

It would have at least allowed training in the winter. Final wiring was never completed.

Your not Mr Mackay btw are you.

My old English teacher and Only pollok supporter I've ever known in st Andrew's [emoji3] [emoji3]

Stirling Uni couldn't keep their reserve team if they were relegated from LL. You can't have more than 1 team in EOS League - not just in any given division.

It's worth saying Stirling Uni EOS never actually applied to and joined EOSL: when LL was founded they (and Spartans for a while) simply paid their subs and didn't resign. It's a slightly unique situation with Stirling Uni as it's their 2nd XI, who also play BUCS football midweek, and they've their own ground. Applications to enter reserves since have always been unsuccessful.

Edited by HibeeJibee