Pyramid 2019/2020

5 hours ago, Ginaro said:

As your 804-page thread in the other forum asks in its OP - "So what do Junior clubs do next? what is the long-term future of Junior football?"

Surely someone at these remaining clubs is asking those types of question, and thinking about where they will be in 2, 5, 10 years time? 

Are they expecting all of the clubs to return at some point? Do they think fans are going to be happy with the lesser quality local teams they are playing? 

I would put my mortgage on those questions not being asked at all.

2 minutes ago, Burnie_man said:

I would put my mortgage on those questions not being asked at all.

JC has just said on the Fauldhouse thread that it will be the North and South Super/Premier Leagues in the East Region next year. And if they get in the pyramid there would be an even split between North and South to form the new region wide Super League.

Just now, FairWeatherFan said:

JC has just said on the Fauldhouse thread that it will be the North and South Super/Premier Leagues in the East Region next year. And if they get in the pyramid there would be an even split between North and South to form the new region wide Super League.

They're not getting in the Pyramid as a seperate league, ffs are they still clinging to that? if the last few weeks have shown anything, its that the EoS will not agree to that and the SFA can't force it.

Was it not the sfa wgo said they told the sjfa many weeks ago that there would be no pyramid entry if the ersjfa top leagues were split? 

Personally, let those who wish to remain in the juniors remain and afford those who want to move to the pyramid join. It appears to be the way we are headed anyway. 

This is all tiresome now. If I were as incompetent at my work as some have proven to be (time and time again I might add) I'd be at the job centre pretty quickly. 

32 minutes ago, Burnie_man said:

They're not getting in the Pyramid as a seperate league, ffs are they still clinging to that? if the last few weeks have shown anything, its that the EoS will not agree to that and the SFA can't force it.

If they go with the split format next season and there were no further applications after it became clear that they needed a single 16 team superleague to be eligible for tier 6 in the SFA's eyes, it's a very strong statement that the remaining ERSJFA clubs don't care that much about pyramid entry in a similar manner to the north region. Think this is heading for a WoSFL being formed around January of next year.

2 minutes ago, G4Mac said:

Was it not the sfa wgo said they told the sjfa many weeks ago that there would be no pyramid entry if the ersjfa top leagues were split? 

Personally, let those who wish to remain in the juniors remain and afford those who want to move to the pyramid join. It appears to be the way we are headed anyway. 

This is all tiresome now. If I were as incompetent at my work as some have proven to be (time and time again I might add) I'd be at the job centre pretty quickly. 

The new line the East Region seems to be taking is we'll go to a 16 East Region Super League if they get in the pyramid. Seems very half hearted because how does promotion and relegation work next year for them when you're having to consider 2 possibilities.

11 hours ago, FairWeatherFan said:

The new line the East Region seems to be taking is we'll go to a 16 East Region Super League if they get in the pyramid. Seems very half hearted because how does promotion and relegation work next year for them when you're having to consider 2 possibilities.

The sfa, not the LL or the eosfl, made it very clear at the eos meeting that the sjfa were told that they would be denied pyramid entry if their top league in the east were split. That to me says if you split you are not getting into the pyramid..... The ersjfa appear to have no interest in the pyramid since they have now split anyway. 

For me someone has to take the hard line here and get a wosfl up and running, whether that is the wrsjfa moving en masse or by application I'm not too fussed, but the ersjfa teams appear to have taken their decision, to suggest they will change when they are in the pyramid is nonsense and helps no one at this stage. 

2 hours ago, G4Mac said:

The sfa, not the LL or the eosfl, made it very clear at the eos meeting that the sjfa were told that they would be denied pyramid entry if their top league in the east were split. That to me says if you split you are not getting into the pyramid..... The ersjfa appear to have no interest in the pyramid since they have now split anyway. 

For me someone has to take the hard line here and get a wosfl up and running, whether that is the wrsjfa moving en masse or by application I'm not too fussed, but the ersjfa teams appear to have taken their decision, to suggest they will change when they are in the pyramid is nonsense and helps no one at this stage. 

The north region aren't interested. The East Region shot themselves in the foot by going regional. The West aren't bothering with finishing next season earlier to show they can be done in time for the LL playoffs.

The SJFA have just wasted a year that could have real change in the pyramid.

Job preservation of one man is the bottom line (and to be honest, the substantial sums paid to the Secretaries in the west and east).

That attitude needs to change for there to be much progress. Those Junior clubs who want change need to make a lot of noise at the national and regional agm's.

Junior football either needs to be binned, or continue as a seperate entity for those clubs who dont want change. They cannot be allowed to enter the Pyramid and cling to some form or relevance.

And we now have guys being fed the line the pyramid won't kick in until 2020/21 for the ersjfa clubs...... And here was me thinking there was already a fully functioning pyramid...... 

If the current position wasn't so ridiculously stupid and easily fixable if certain people just moved out of the way I would genuinely get frustrated, but it is just getting silly now, so I smile..... 

38 minutes ago, Pyramidic said:

Any news on the possible development of a Lowland League Division 2 East and Lowland League Division 2 West (mooted a few months ago) as a way of bringing progressive west clubs on board?

Last I heard it hadn't progressed beyond pulling together a few people to look at it.

20 minutes ago, Burnie_man said:

Last I heard it hadn't progressed beyond pulling together a few people to look at it.

Has it occurred to you BM that if Dalkeith and Blackburn had not been joined by the other 24 clubs, Blackburn could now be looking forward to Lowland League football (given your finishing position in the conferences). Imagine the shock waves that would have sent through Junior football - East and West.

Just now, Pyramidic said:

Has it occurred to you BM that if Dalkeith and Blackburn had not been joined by the other 24 clubs, Blackburn could now be looking forward to Lowland League football (given your finishing position in the conferences). Imagine the shock waves that would have sent through Junior football - East and West.

Well when  we first applied we thought - at best - we would be in an 18 team EoS. It sort of grew arms and legs!

I think the very fact we're in the EoS Premier and now Licenced should have been a wake-up call to bigger WL clubs who remain Junior.  Clearly not, so far.

1 hour ago, Pyramidic said:

Any news on the possible development of a Lowland League Division 2 East and Lowland League Division 2 West (mooted a few months ago) as a way of bringing progressive west clubs on board?

There is a LL 2 east right now (eos Premier), I'd imagine the west clubs moving over as one and the top league being the wos premier league in the near future. 

I don't believe there is requirement to entice anyone into the pyramid. I believe that what is on offer (West as a one or the forming a wosfl) will be more than enough to get the progressive clubs on board. Hopefully the west comes for 2020/21 because it is the easiest way to get a wosfl. 

Edited by Guest

On ‎16‎/‎05‎/‎2019 at 08:12, Whitburn Vale said:

They are absolutely sailing down the big Egyptian river at central park...........in denial !!!!!

Roasters is a kind word to use for them,I've already had a blazing argument in the bar of the social club with them !!

A few weeks ago I posted the following on another thread and I think it bears repeating. I'm sure your blazing argument will have went in one ear and out the other!;

"Ah, Whitburn Juniors. Sadly, a real anachronism. From being one of the powerhouses of the east when refusing promotion to the East Region Super League on its creation (despite eventually ascending to the Super League with their tail firmly between their legs) to paddling about in the lower reaches of the ERSJFA in more recent years with no cohesion or direction and certainly no vision (I know they recently  topped the current East Super League but that’s down entirely to all the bigger teams having long since moved onto better things).

From a delegate to the SJFA who, wrongly to be fair, has been knocked back more than once for a place on its governing body (yet they quietly take such insult and slavishly remain beholden to Junior tradition) to a club official who gets to sit on the bench like he’s part of the coaching staff (or he certainly used to when I got along to watch) and likes nothing more than a wee walk with his buddies during the marching season. No wonder they are haemorrhaging supporters. I don’t think they’ll evolve anytime soon into a club that will be thinking of getting themselves involved in the wider Scottish footballing community of the Pyramid!! It’s a real shame too as they certainly would enhance the EoSFL were they to raise their eyes above the horizon."

6 hours ago, Sidney Lumet said:

A few weeks ago I posted the following on another thread and I think it bears repeating. I'm sure your blazing argument will have went in one ear and out the other!;

"Ah, Whitburn Juniors. Sadly, a real anachronism. From being one of the powerhouses of the east when refusing promotion to the East Region Super League on its creation (despite eventually ascending to the Super League with their tail firmly between their legs) to paddling about in the lower reaches of the ERSJFA in more recent years with no cohesion or direction and certainly no vision (I know they recently  topped the current East Super League but that’s down entirely to all the bigger teams having long since moved onto better things).

From a delegate to the SJFA who, wrongly to be fair, has been knocked back more than once for a place on its governing body (yet they quietly take such insult and slavishly remain beholden to Junior tradition) to a club official who gets to sit on the bench like he’s part of the coaching staff (or he certainly used to when I got along to watch) and likes nothing more than a wee walk with his buddies during the marching season. No wonder they are haemorrhaging supporters. I don’t think they’ll evolve anytime soon into a club that will be thinking of getting themselves involved in the wider Scottish footballing community of the Pyramid!! It’s a real shame too as they certainly would enhance the EoSFL were they to raise their eyes above the horizon."

No argument fae me Sidney,,110% believe that's what would have happened after our heated debate!!

So sad to see a once proud club be run in the way they are!!

The continued wrangling within the ersjfa is understandable considering how many rugs have been pulled, and by the threats of member clubs. I am still frankly astonished by the complete apathy in the west region.

The apathy in the east would be more understandable as not a single club I am aware of in the tayside and north fife area has any licensing or pyramid climbing aspirations.

58 minutes ago, superbigal said:

The continued wrangling within the ersjfa is understandable considering how many rugs have been pulled, and by the threats of member clubs. I am still frankly astonished by the complete apathy in the west region.

The apathy in the east would be more understandable as not a single club I am aware of in the tayside and north fife area has any licensing or pyramid climbing aspirations.

In the West we'll hopefully see something happen this year. Cumnock and Petershill are probably largely compliant which is why they put their licensing applications in. If they get turned down for being junior, i'm not sure they will be putting their applications in the bin like Auchinleck did all those years ago.

Auchinleck themselves are working on floodlights with the intention of getting licensed

Then you've got the likes of Clydebank and Kilwinning who have shown interest, or declared their interest in the case of Clydebank.

You just need someone to break ranks from the SJFA party line.