Pyramid 2019/2020

3 minutes ago, leftbehind said:

After Coves resounding victory over Berwick yesterday and probable relegation to the LL what will the format of the EOS leagues look like next season ?

16 team EoS Premier and Conferences below. The SPFL play-off doesn't change the plan the EoS has had all season. Just effects the numbers in the Conferences.

2 hours ago, superbigal said:

Whitehill Welfare.

The only team who should be relegated twice by different scenarios and still likely survive.

Pyramid my arse.

What happened when forfar west end and Ballingry folded another team didn't go down in their place. Juniors place to be

After Coves resounding victory over Berwick yesterday and probable relegation to the LL what will the format of the EOS leagues look like next season ?
It will be confirmed after the SPFL play-off is finished.

3 hours ago, superbigal said:

Whitehill Welfare.

The only team who should be relegated twice by different scenarios and still likely survive.

Pyramid my arse.

Ffs pal ww will take what they get how many times it's no the fault of ww  ? 

Yer right pyramid my arse though  because without west juniors or HFL relegation that's imo no a pyramid. 

A lot more in it than worrying aboot where ww will play next season !!

4 hours ago, FairWeatherFan said:

Depending on how they decide the Conferences you could have something like this:

image.png.92bbc5bfae9e0d9b7b79bf3974c2c376.png 

image.png.29cdad1ec32845b3cd83c5d4536a189c.png

image.png.978b6cf26705d948c6788fa6b1fd4069.png

Look at wee Blackburn sitting up there in the big league :thumsup2

Bathgate and Armadale must be spewing... :whistle

21 hours ago, Footballfirst said:

Shame - I was looking forward to a local derby at some point in the future between Berwick and Tweedmouth.  Their grounds must be the closest of any pair in senior football.

Closer than Dens and Tannadice? 

Look at wee Blackburn sitting up there in the big league :thumsup2
Bathgate and Armadale must be spewing... :whistle

Good luck to Blackburn no regrets I am sure at any of the West Lothian juniors on remaining in junior football as the pyramid shambles unfolds. Commiserations to Bonnyrigg Rose victims of the SPFL protection society

39 minutes ago, PRICEY said:

If the L.L insist on relegation,Whitehill Welfare,you will update expect them to be replaced by Linlithgow.I take it their place in the EOS would be taken by Leith or Preston?.

If Whitehill were relegated then surely they’d be replaced by the highest ranked licensed team which would be Penicuik, not Linlithgow.

21 minutes ago, Vollyman said:

Good luck to Blackburn no regrets I am sure at any of the West Lothian juniors on remaining in junior football as the pyramid shambles unfolds. Commiserations to Bonnyrigg Rose victims of the SPFL protection society

Yes they've really been done in by a organisation that has got absolutely nothing to do with club licensing and doesn't run the Lowland League either. 

40 minutes ago, PRICEY said:

If the L.L insist on relegation,Whitehill Welfare,you will update expect them to be replaced by Linlithgow.I take it their place in the EOS would be taken by Leith or Preston?.

In that scenario, neither Leith or Preston would make the EoS Premier. A relegated Whitehill would just take Linlithgow's spot in the EoS Premier.

With Berwick likely to be relegated, there isn't really a scenario at play that requires a 2nd best 6th placed side.

In that scenario, neither Leith or Preston would make the EoS Premier. A relegated Whitehill would just take Linlithgow's spot in the EoS Premier.
With Berwick likely to be relegated, there isn't really a scenario at play that requires a 2nd best 6th placed side.

My bad,of course Whitehill would drop into the EOS.
From what I’ve read there was some debate about the interpretation of the LL’s rules on relegation.

5 minutes ago, PRICEY said:

My bad,of course Whitehill would drop into the EOS.
From what I’ve read there was some debate about the interpretation of the LL’s rules on relegation.

There are. WW posted a statement about their new chairman on the 4th May saying they've just been relegated. This could just have been a misunderstanding or an expectation of what was to happen, but going by LL rules a relegated club is notified and have 48 hours to re-apply for any vacancy. So they potentially were notified they'd been relegated by the LL for their Chairman to have said that.

Then on the 7th May was when all the news about SFA memberships and Bonnyrigg not receiving one. Which technically means WW haven't been relegated, but the SPFL play-off potentially is a reason for them still to be relegated. Plus Bonnyrigg are still exploring their licensing situation which could have a knock-on effect.

Hopefully it'll all be resolved one way or another in the days following the completion of the SPFL play-off.

39 minutes ago, Tynierose said:

My understanding is that WW could only be relegated if conference winners were licensed, they're not 

The other vacancy which will be filled by Berwick was the one that was open to application if EK or Berwick had won play off.  The application for this vacancy had nothing to do with finishing positions. 

I agree. My point being that even if say Whitehill asked for a voluntary relegation so a 16th club was needed there is no particular reason why Linlithgow would be chosen ahead of other, higher placed licensed clubs.

2 hours ago, ShrimpLok said:

If Whitehill were relegated then surely they’d be replaced by the highest ranked licensed team which would be Penicuik, not Linlithgow.

When Annan were admitted to the SFL in 2008 they were chosen over 3 applicants who had finished above them in the EoSFL; Spartans, Edinburgh City and Preston. They were also chosen ahead of Cove, who had won the LL. Annan had finished 7th in their league.

In 2002 Gretna were plucked from the Unibond League ahead of a clutch of EoSFL and HL clubs, plus Airdrie Utd.

You never know who's going to get picked when it comes down to an application process, because performance in the preceding season is not the only factor. But it's irrelevant, with Berwick coming down there's no vacancy. 

35 minutes ago, GordonS said:

When Annan were admitted to the SFL in 2008 they were chosen over 3 applicants who had finished above them in the EoSFL; Spartans, Edinburgh City and Preston. They were also chosen ahead of Cove, who had won the LL. Annan had finished 7th in their league.

I imagine that last situation was to allow another team from the same area of the country to have a league side. Geography was probably key over areas of the country that already had various league sides.