Pyramid 2019/2020

The LL was well and truly established long before you lot !
Funny how you want a piece of it now though ? 
If by that you mean they've failed to reach league two more than once then youve nailed it.

May as well dry the eyes as when the West Juniors join up and the top teams get promoted the teams will have a higher hit rate than that. That's for sure.

As regards wanting a piece of it. The Rose got their house in order long ago and we've been in the scottish since 2008. The Shire being the only LL team to eliminate us in a decade. Catch up.

16 minutes ago, grinderbrokeyourhearts said:

If by that you mean they've failed to reach league two more than once then youve nailed it.

May as well dry the eyes as when the West Juniors join up and the top teams get promoted the teams will have a higher hit rate than that. That's for sure.

As regards wanting a piece of it. The Rose got their house in order long ago and we've been in the scottish since 2008. The Shire being the only LL team to eliminate us in a decade. Catch up.

Al catch up when the LL has been going a decade :thumsup2

21 minutes ago, grinderbrokeyourhearts said:

Bit like how we we're due Kelty Hearts v. Cowdenbeath in the SPFL play-off this year. Or how East Stirlingshire were due to bounce back right away because of the parachute payments (2nd, 4th & 6th so far). 

No anger here bud.

The league drought is a point but our historic runs in the big cup made it a bit harder to fight on all fronts.

Seen clubs like you lot come and go plenty. We'll see who the top Dogs are when it all settles down.

Not to get too confrontational I look forwards to getting back to playing the likes of yourselves again as this season has been a struggle to remain interested. I'd like to see us in the LL, not how I'd like it but then again we've forked out plenty off the field and we are ready. Not its just player spend we need to up whilst the rest have to upgrade their grounds.

1 hour ago, grinderbrokeyourhearts said:

No anger here bud.

The league drought is a point but our historic runs in the big cup made it a bit harder to fight on all fronts.

Seen clubs like you lot come and go plenty. We'll see who the top Dogs are when it all settles down.

Not to get too confrontational I look forwards to getting back to playing the likes of yourselves again as this season has been a struggle to remain interested. I'd like to see us in the LL, not how I'd like it but then again we've forked out plenty off the field and we are ready. Not its just player spend we need to up whilst the rest have to upgrade their grounds.

Aye another patronising post,would it have made it interesting if you won yer conference likes :thumsup2

No that  LL grounds need money spent on them,wee bit ignorance there, thought youd least ken that :o

Best of luck in yer new venture. :P

Yes I did state that automatic relegation should only come when Lowland League is sufficiently stronger and it continues to make progress.  I don't think clubs have been refused a licence have they?  It was the SPFL clubs that agreed to the play off - if self preservation was the only factor that would surely have been rejected.  Get the pyramid into proper shape including the juniors and strengthen it plus consider carefully the SFA voting structures are sensible things to look at as part of building a strong and sustainable structure.   

What's the difference between refusing to grant a licence and just sticking the applications in a drawer? After pocketing the fee, obviously.

The SFA, apparently on behalf of the SPFL, are preventing the LL from becoming stronger. They're making it more difficult for clubs like Bonnyrigg Rose and Auchinleck Talbot to get there.

Don't think Shire have ever beaten us in the big Scottish. In fact, no LL club has, and only one HL. Full list of clubs to knock us out of the big Scottish:

Queen of the South, Raith Rovers, Beith (x2), Deveronvale, Ross County, Stirling Albion and Banks O'Dee. 

The wee rose have beaten a Selkirk team that was doing having its usual battle against finishing bottom of whichever league they were in , Dalbeattie Star and Gala. So well done for that.
that-deserves-a-round-of-applause.jpg&key=f1dcaad4eaa34840c752e6dc26306d98f3134c174930206bc7a9f93bfb291dbb

Some achievement to be the only village idiot in fife not to have a contender to his title.

Ok so with the news on Thursday night what now? Where are we going to see progress? Licensing seems to being ignored, juniors have been told no tier 6, east region has been told to get regionalisation to f**k if they want to even have a chance.

Is there anything likely to happen pre SFA AGM?

The wee rose have beaten a Selkirk team that was doing having its usual battle against finishing bottom of whichever league they were in , Dalbeattie Star and Gala. So well done for that.
that-deserves-a-round-of-applause.jpg&key=f1dcaad4eaa34840c752e6dc26306d98f3134c174930206bc7a9f93bfb291dbb

And Spartans, the season before the LL started, but it was basically the same thing.

So there you go, you've had your bite, I sure you feel good now.

On 4/27/2019 at 11:22, parsforlife said:

Ok so with the news on Thursday night what now? Where are we going to see progress? Licensing seems to being ignored, juniors have been told no tier 6, east region has been told to get regionalisation to f**k if they want to even have a chance.

Is there anything likely to happen pre SFA AGM?

Could see a couple of sides try their luck and join the EOS, Clydebank possibly?

Could see a couple of sides try their luck and join the EOS, Clydebank possibly?

Clydebank, fauldhouse and rosyth are all potential late applicants, but TBH I don’t expect any to apply even given the news on thursday. Clydebank will probably be told enough that WJFA premiership will be tier 6 by 20/21 and fauldhouse / Rosyth will try and back a regionalised ESJFA over jumbling ship even if it means no pyramid .

On 27/04/2019 at 12:15, G4Mac said:

According to RP and IM the sjfa were made aware that only a 16 team superleague in the West and East was acceptable to the sfa for pyramid entry. TJ hasn't once relayed this as far as I am aware to any part of the sjfa. The ersjfa clubs South of the tay would easily be consumed by the eosfl, the eosfl have said they would welcome this move. Why it can't happen I don't know.

I never saw the 16 team superleague requirement until just now. Was this how everyone intrepreted the EoS meeting?

As that obviously causes issues in the East Region as both the current model and proposed model would have to be changed for pyramid purposes.

I never saw the 16 team superleague requirement until just now. Was this how everyone intrepreted the EoS meeting?
As that obviously causes issues in the East Region as both the current model and proposed model would have to be changed for pyramid purposes.
It's not open for interpretation in any way, it was a very clear statement, clarified multiple times.

RP stated that a 16 team superleague was a requirement in the East, the SJFA had made the SFA aware of the plan to split into North and South regions and the SFA have fed back that splitting into regions would be unacceptable for Teir 6 entry ever in future, it has to be one league of 16.

It was very, very clear.

Almost as clear as, and this is verbatim and again repeated several times: "The Juniors will not be in the pyramid next season".

In fairness, the feedback from the room was that the ERSJFA had done the job for everyone by essentially creating a Tayside league which could join at Teir 6 among with the West Juniors, the remaining South league clubs able to come under the auspices of the EoS, job done.

4 minutes ago, gaz5 said:

It's not open for interpretation in any way, it was a very clear statement, clarified multiple times.

RP stated that a 16 team superleague was a requirement in the East, the SJFA had made the SFA aware of the plan to split into North and South regions and the SFA have fed back that splitting into regions would be unacceptable for Teir 6 entry ever in future, it has to be one league of 16.

It was very, very clear.

Almost as clear as, and this is verbatim and again repeated several times: "The Juniors will not be in the pyramid next season".

In fairness, the feedback from the room was that the ERSJFA had done the job for everyone by essentially creating a Tayside league which could join at Teir 6 among with the West Juniors, the remaining South league clubs able to come under the auspices of the EoS, job done.

Thanks for that. I was wondering if it had been misunderstood in some way. I'd certainly consider it quite a significant point as until now I thought it simply meant the East Region continuing with their current format.

If they try to move to 16 with regional divisions below that's going give them trying to divide 21 teams (assuming Linlithgow & Bo'ness juniors get in).

EDIT: Now I see why the EoS have left their membership applications open. 

Edited by FairWeatherFan

Thanks for that. I was wondering if it had been misunderstood in some way. I'd certainly consider it quite a significant point as until now I thought it simply meant the East Region continuing with their current format. If they try to move to 16 with regional divisions below that's going give them trying to divide 21 teams (assuming Linlithgow & Bo'ness juniors get in). 

TBH, I don't think the ERSJFA are bothered at all about being in the pyramid, either at organisational or club level. There's certainly likely to be less clubs who want in than those who couldn't care less.

If they did, they would happily move over to the EoS to be back in the same structure as the former ERSJFA big guns from South of the Tay.

The frustrating thing for our junior colleagues is that the apathy from the remaining clubs/ERSJFA is at this moment stopping the WRJFA teams from being able to move over.

RP and IM had no real sense of the issue, unsurprisingly, when they turned up. They continually referenced an unwillingness to support juniors in the pyramid.

It was repeatedly pointed out to them that no one had any issue at all with the juniors being in, it was the overlapping league's for no reason in the East.

A straw poll was actually conducted in the meeting, with both in attendance. "Would anyone have an issue with the West juniors, Tayside and North juniors moving over to Teir 6 next season under their geographical feeder?"

Not one dissenting voice, everyone agreed that's what was best for the game.

And an invite was extended to join the EoS for the remaining South sides to get them in as well. Again, not a dissenting voice.

Hopefully RP and IM went away realising that the bullshit they have been fed re: EoS and LL not wanting the juniors in was a nonsense. Everyone wants the juniors in, they just want it in the most sensible way.

4 minutes ago, gaz5 said:

TBH, I don't think the ERSJFA are bothered at all about being in the pyramid, either at organisational or club level. There's certainly likely to be less clubs who want in than those who couldn't care less.

That's my take on it. Those north of the Tay might fancy tier 5, but not the HL; those south of the Tay are unlikely to be good enough for it to matter in the foreseeable future anyway.

17 minutes ago, gaz5 said:

I don't think the ERSJFA as a whole are that bothered about being in the pyramid. They don't want to be left behind and those of North of the Tay (who I believe are some of the most influential of those left) don't want to get stuck in the Highland League.

It's already quite late in the season and people are trying to organise their pre-seasons. I could see the East Region dragging things out and then trying to force a region wide Super League. Leading to another year of uncertainty.

On a side note if the SFA are now trying to impose 16 team leagues on Tier 6, it would be interesting to see what happens with the SoS if it ever drops to 15 or less.

21 minutes ago, GordonS said:

That's my take on it. Those north of the Tay might fancy tier 5, but not the HL; those south of the Tay are unlikely to be good enough for it to matter in the foreseeable future anyway.

But the lack of logic for the South League members is why they would permanently never wish to cross paths in a league with Linlithgow, Bo'ness, Haws, Kelty etc... it just seems barmy. It all comes back again to the fallacy that the pyramid = SPFL League 2. Everyone finds their level, but no pyramid would function if the bottom tier decided they'd not bother as they'd never reach the upper levels. Misleading propaganda is holding teams back.