Pyramid 2019/2020

Sfa is a members association - its wealth such as it is is primarily linked to SPFL clubs particularly the big Premier Clubs. If it's one club one vote why would the 42 SPFL clubs just willy nilly support the admission of many new members who could end up with the voting power to call the shots on matters which directly impact on SPFL clubs. The SPFL for example avoids that in its own structure by having different voting rights for different things. It looks to me that SFA voting structures and distributions need to be looked at as otherwise if every former junior team came in (won't happen I know) the balance of power would shift towards the 'juniors' rather than those clubs which have been long term SFA members

You boys really are shitting it, your time is coming where, like East Stirling and perhaps Berwick, you need to face upto reality. The closed shop mentality lingers on.

Sfa is a members association - its wealth such as it is is primarily linked to SPFL clubs particularly the big Premier Clubs. If it's one club one vote why would the 42 SPFL clubs just willy nilly support the admission of many new members who could end up with the voting power to call the shots on matters which directly impact on SPFL clubs. The SPFL for example avoids that in its own structure by having different voting rights for different things. It looks to me that SFA voting structures and distributions need to be looked at as otherwise if every former junior team (won't happen I know) the balance of power would shift towards the 'juniors' rather than those clubs which have been long term SFA members  

Which is absolutely fine. 

The issue here though is that a year ago Maxwell and Petrie attended an EoS meeting to talk about Licensing, invited everyone present to pursue licensing, espoused the benefits of it and that they were nowhere near the 200 member club limit and never raised an issue.

You now have 18 EoS clubs, plus another 2 in the juniors, who have taken them at their word and they are shifting the goalposts at the 11th hour after a. taking these teams application money and b. inviting their applications on the first place and c. those clubs spending large sums of money, in many cases that they didn't need to (example given last night was replacing goalposts for socketed versions with box nets as requested by auditors).

That's not right.

3 minutes ago, Enigma said:

You just get the impression these guys (Petrie and Maxwell) don’t care. Not real football men. No interest.

One of the most disappointing things I take from that report in the North is just being left to do it’s own thing. No engagement, no selling on the pyramid to the NRJFA, nothing below the HL for the foreseeable. Nowhere for Fort William to drop down and no open door to Banks o Dee or Lochee.

Ian Maxwell played over 500 games in the SFL/SPL, it's hard to see how much more of a "football man" he could be. It's almost as though being a "football man" isn't actually important, and being competent means much more.

3 minutes ago, Burnie_man said:
11 minutes ago, Cowden Cowboy said:
Sfa is a members association - its wealth such as it is is primarily linked to SPFL clubs particularly the big Premier Clubs. If it's one club one vote why would the 42 SPFL clubs just willy nilly support the admission of many new members who could end up with the voting power to call the shots on matters which directly impact on SPFL clubs. The SPFL for example avoids that in its own structure by having different voting rights for different things. It looks to me that SFA voting structures and distributions need to be looked at as otherwise if every former junior team came in (won't happen I know) the balance of power would shift towards the 'juniors' rather than those clubs which have been long term SFA members

You boys really are shitting it, your time is coming where, like East Stirling and perhaps Berwick, you need to face upto reality. The closed shop mentality lingers on.

Don't know what you are always rabbiting on about - us boys agreed to a pyramid in the first place and agreed rules which all parties accepted - so why you keep whining I don't know. 

4 minutes ago, gogsy said:

Non SPFL members are the majority of SFA members at the moment, there hasn't been any sign of them currently having any desire to "call the shots" , not sure why that would change.

Yes - but there is a working understanding and balance in the current membership

Don't know what you are always rabbiting on about - us boys agreed to a pyramid in the first place and agreed rules which all parties accepted - so why you keep whining I don't know. 
You're the one worried about shift of power. Let's remember the SPFL clubs agreed to nothing more than a play-off, the minimum you can get away with to keep the dead wood afloat and away from relegation.

Aren't you espousing the entry of Colt teams elsewhere? Ever wanting to feed off the teat of the bigger clubs.

3 minutes ago, Burnie_man said:

You're the one worried about shift of power. Let's remember the SPFL clubs agreed to nothing more than a play-off, the minimum you can get away with to keep the dead wood afloat and away from relegation.

Aren't you espousing the entry of Colt teams elsewhere? Ever wanting to feed off the teat of the bigger clubs.

You are a very bitter and angry fellow it seems.  Do your talking on the pitch - if Cowden do go down one day you wont find me whining about it.  On your other point - you are completely wrong I have never espoused the Colts cause and have no interest in them ever being in the SPFL.  Try and stick to the truth - rather than teat fantasy

14 minutes ago, Cowden Cowboy said:

You are a very bitter and angry fellow it seems.  Do your talking on the pitch - if Cowden do go down one day you wont find me whining about it.  On your other point - you are completely wrong I have never espoused the Colts cause and have no interest in them ever being in the SPFL.  Try and stick to the truth - rather than teat fantasy

Not at all, very chilled, you have come onto here to try and belittle clubs attempts to better themselves and Scottish football, expect some of that back at you. you're already exceptionally lucky not to be a Lowland League club (or worse) and yes, you have talked up Colt team entry.

Edited by Burnie_man

Just now, Burnie_man said:

Not at all, you have come onto here to try and belittle clubs attempts to better themselves and Scottish football, expect some of that back at you. you're already exceptionally lucky not to be a Lowland League club (or worse) already and yes, you have talked up Colt team entry.

OK - no interest in debating with fantasists and peddlers of untruths such as you.  There is nary a word of truth in your sentence but will just ignore your nonsense from now on

5 minutes ago, Cowden Cowboy said:

OK - no interest in debating with fantasists and peddlers of untruths such as you.  There is nary a word of truth in your sentence but will just ignore your nonsense from now on

Excellent, cheerio.

So Cowdenbeath are one of the clubs putting pressure on the SFA to deny licences?

No surprise there, you'll do absolutely anything for a couple of quid, completely ignoring any long term thinking about the rights and wrongs on the overall benefit to Scottish football.

2 minutes ago, parsforlife said:

So Cowdenbeath are one of the clubs putting pressure on the SFA to deny licences?

No surprise there, you'll do absolutely anything for a couple of quid, completely ignoring any long term thinking about the rights and wrongs on the overall benefit to Scottish football.

No never been mentioned by anyone at CFC  nor has any view been conveyed to the SFA . 

Ian Maxwell played over 500 games in the SFL/SPL, it's hard to see how much more of a "football man" he could be. It's almost as though being a "football man" isn't actually important, and being competent means much more.

I’m not disputing the fact that Ian Maxwell was once a professional footballer, mate. I’m saying he doesn’t appear to give a stuff about football at this level. Of course we need competence but we need people who actually have a degree of concern for the future development of non-league Scottish football.

13 minutes ago, Enigma said:

I’m not disputing the fact that Ian Maxwell was once a professional footballer, mate. I’m saying he doesn’t appear to give a stuff about football at this level. Of course we need competence but we need people who actually have a degree of concern for the future development of non-league Scottish football.

He is charged with looking after the interests of Scottish football in the round not just non-League football - so maybe there are a host of angles to be considered

What SFA 'achievements' could Maxwell feasibly point to in the last twelve months? That must have been the shortest introductory talk of all time. While it's clear enough that Maxwell is a puppet with Petrie's hand firmly up his rectum, even basic competence in the tasks allocated to him still seems entirely beyond that empty suit. 

1 minute ago, gogsy said:

Aye I think he stated in the past should be no automatic relegation from SPFL2 until the Lowland league gets stronger/more acceptable to teams falling out SPFL2. Not going to happen if clubs are being refused a licence is it? As you say self preservation (which in itself is understandable).

Yes I did state that automatic relegation should only come when Lowland League is sufficiently stronger and it continues to make progress.  I don't think clubs have been refused a licence have they?  It was the SPFL clubs that agreed to the play off - if self preservation was the only factor that would surely have been rejected.  Get the pyramid into proper shape including the juniors and strengthen it plus consider carefully the SFA voting structures are sensible things to look at as part of building a strong and sustainable structure.