Pyramid 2019/2020

10 minutes ago, grinderbrokeyourhearts said:

Good info.

I guess that's the bottom line really. The WoS would be a higher standard than the SOS and the EoS will be a higher standard than the East Juniors.

It's very obvious how to sort that out through conferences below the EoS Premier in the east and from the start in the West.

Last year when there was the possibility of an independent WoSFL being formed I thought that was the opportunity to shift the SoSFL down a tier as the likes of Threave and Bonnyton might of ended up in it. Then you could just have the WoSFL and EoSFL at Tier 6 simplifying things immensely.

Now though it looks like a Lowland League West and East at Tier 6 seems the best bet for that.

29 minutes ago, FairWeatherFan said:

So it's not down to the clubs alone deciding where they want to go. Which might be one of the reasons the LL object as the likes of Dalbeattie who have a history of playing in the EOS and now the LL would probably want to play in a higher standard of league than the SoS.

Would be interesting to know for sure what was decided on where Dalbeattie would go, but strongly suspect it's only Gretna in D&G that might get into the EoS again given they never played in the SoS previously. Which local association clubs are a member of is probably the key factor.

1 minute ago, LongTimeLurker said:

Would be interesting to know for sure what was decided on where Dalbeattie would go, but strongly suspect it's only Gretna in D&G that might get into the EoS again given they never played in the SoS previously. Which local association clubs are a member of is probably the key factor.

I've always been of the thought that the clubs that were in either EoS or SoS at the time that the Lowland League was formed would return to where the came from. So Dalbeattie in the SoS and Gretna in the EoS. In both cases there probably hasn't been much reason to change that since Gretna hasn't had to worry about relegation and until recently the gutted EoS and SoS were much of the same that Dalbeattie would of been okay going with returning to the SoS where the potential for an unopposed promotion would of existed.

Last year when there was the possibility of an independent WoSFL being formed I thought that was the opportunity to shift the SoSFL down a tier as the likes of Threave and Bonnyton might of ended up in it. Then you could just have the WoSFL and EoSFL at Tier 6 simplifying things immensely.

Now though it looks like a Lowland League West and East at Tier 6 seems the best bet for that.

Yeah. It's just playing about with names however but it has to happen.

The problem being the East juniors outside Tayside are mainly teams who came up from far below the Superleague. Its another year of equalisation but its the most sensible long term.

15 hours ago, Enigma said:

Could Dalbeattie chose to be relegated to the West of Scotland Juniors if they are in place for next season?

Basically if you are pyoor junior with no hint of backsliding treachery about you, you will be welcomed back to the fold. Otherwise it’s the upper Tweeddale C division reserves....

8 hours ago, GordonS said:

It's a bit disappointing for fans that LL clubs presumably know at the start of the season what league they'd be playing in if relegated, but this information is kept secret.

Not sure how accurate that statement is. It is made clear what leagues teams will be relegated into at the start of each season prior to the seasons start in my experience. 

Not sure how accurate that statement is. It is made clear what leagues teams will be relegated into at the start of each season prior to the seasons start in my experience. 
Nobody here seems to know where Dalbeattie would go, where can I find out?

2 minutes ago, GordonS said:
41 minutes ago, G4Mac said:

Nobody here seems to know where Dalbeattie would go, where can I find out?

South of Scotland. They are still members of the Southern Counties FA

15 minutes ago, supersmith said:

Apparently Dalbeattie are going nowhere, LL meeting last week stated team 14 will not be relegated.

That's not what's interpreted on the LL relegation thread  ?

Have they changed the rules again  ?

Edited by newcastle broon

40 minutes ago, supersmith said:

Apparently Dalbeattie are going nowhere, LL meeting last week stated team 14 will not be relegated.

If correct, that is a fair outcome. The  EoS relegation rule refers to the bottom, and bottom but one clubs, which had Selkirk not folded part way through this season,  would have been clubs 15 & 16.  Dalbeattie finished 14th in a 16 club league. They can't be demoted because Selkirk didn't see out the season. Selkirk were the 16th club when they season started, and their resignation has fulfilled the league rule, which provides for a maximum of 2 club 'demotions'. As far as I am aware, there is no mention of club 14 (?) being relegated as well.

Whitehill however can have no complaint about relegation, as they finished 15th.

25 minutes ago, Robert James said:

If correct, that is a fair outcome. The  EoS relegation rule refers to the bottom, and bottom but one clubs, which had Selkirk not folded part way through this season,  would have been clubs 15 & 16.  Dalbeattie finished 14th in a 16 club league. They can't be demoted because Selkirk didn't see out the season. Selkirk were the 16th club when they season started, and their resignation has fulfilled the league rule, which provides for a maximum of 2 club 'demotions'. As far as I am aware, there is no mention of club 14 (?) being relegated as well.

Whitehill however can have no complaint about relegation, as they finished 15th.

What's the difference between "Dalbeattie finishing 14th in a 16 club league"  and ww (15th)  then  ? 

Surely wi that scenario ww can only be relegated with Cove promoted to SPFL  ? 

Edited by newcastle broon

26 minutes ago, newcastle broon said:

What's the difference between "Dalbeattie finishing 14th in a 16 club league"  and ww (15th)  then  ? 

Surely wi that scenario ww can only be relegated with Cove promoted to SPFL  ? 

FairWeatherFan has helpfully quoted the EoS rules, as above.

As the 15th club, Whitehill can apply for re-election, and may have done so.  The 16th club can't.  The 14th club isn't included in these relegation rules.

Sounds like the LL clubs have decided there are no circumstances where Dalbeattie Star wouldn't be voted back in. Odds on the LL clubs also vote Whitehill Welfare back in under non-Cove scenarios as well where the EoS playoff teams get licensed and one of them gets promoted.

Think an applicant will only get in if there is no team promoted due to licensing issues, but time will tell. The wildcard in all of this is Whitehill Welfare not having floodlights unlike Dalbeattie Star and whether that means they are likely to lose their licence soon. I guess that's what might get them tossed out as it would minimise disruption later to do it now.

Edited by LongTimeLurker

1 minute ago, LongTimeLurker said:

Sounds like the LL clubs have decided there are no circumstances where Dalbeattie Star wouldn't be voted back in. Odds on the EoS vote Whitehill Welfare back in under non-Cove scenarios as well where the EoS playoff teams get licensed and one of them gets promoted.

Think an applicant will only get in if there is no team promoted due to licensing issues, but time will tell. The wildcard in all of this is Whitehill Welfare not having floodlights unlike Dalbeattie Star and whether that means they are likely to lose their licence soon. I guess that's what might get them tossed out as it would minimise disruption later to do it now.

Whitehill were last reviewed in October 2018 doubt they'd get reviewed until around the same time this year. Don't see them getting revoked mid-season.

Once the news came round that the Lowland League were trying to change the wording of the relegation rules re-electing existing members always seemed most likely. It's probably a lot simpler for them than splitting hairs over any potential external applications. It's also possible that while the Lowland League extended the deadline for "promotion", the application deadline of March 31st is still being enforced and a lot of EoS clubs never bothered to apply as unlicensed.