Pyramid 2019/2020

5 minutes ago, superbigal said:

I dont disagree on attitudes.
Still feel sorry for tayside being cast aside. Eos have to embrace.

But they're not in the LL catchment - that's for the SFA to fully resolve, then deal with EoS. You can't say to EoS - accept these clubs! Then try and get an AGM to ratify where club 42 goes, depending on their geographical position. And the destination of Club 42 needs to marry up with the origin of the Level 6 play off. club.. i.e. Brechin City and Brechin Vics need to be in the same region. 

As already noted, maybe there's scope for there to be a buffer zone to allow for clubs to move at level 5 but that can't extend all the way down the pyramid or it would be a mess - Fauldhouse fancying playing in the West feeder one year, the East the next, then maybe the EoS the year after... Gretna maybe jumping around West, SoS and EoS.

Edited by cmontheloknow

Just now, superbigal said:

Again no disagreement from me.
Too many smug people in positions of power.

Al the EoS have done  to date is;

2017/18: Accept Kelty into membership

2018/19: Accept a further 26 clubs into membership

Pyramid proposals: Agree to whatever is required in the North and West, but stand their ground as a tier 6/7 league in the east of Scotland

ERJFA: Initiate talks with the Juniors

I'd say the EoS have done what any other league would have done, and more.  They are not the one's to be criticised for this mess.

But they're not in the LL catchment - that's for the SFA to fully resolve, then deal with EoS. You can't say to EoS - accept these clubs! Then try and get an AGM to ratify where club 42 goes, depending on their geographical position. And the destination of Club 42 needs to marry up with the origin of the Level 6 play off. club.. i.e. Brechin City and Brechin Vics need to be in the same region. 

As already noted, maybe there's scope for there to be a buffer zone to allow for clubs to move at level 5 but that can't extend all the way down the pyramid or it would be a mess - Fauldhouse fancying playing in the West feeder one year, the East the next, then maybe the EoS the year after... Gretna maybe jumping around West, SoS and EoS.

You have the kello and bonnyton issues to resolve if the geography argument does hold firm.

I just hope if the eos offered a reasonable amalgamation without turning tayside aside because of the line. I'm sure this would be favourable to many. Technically the eos have had more than 1 or 2 teams in their leagues before that have been in non eos territory.

5 minutes ago, superbigal said:

You have the kello and bonnyton issues to resolve if the geography argument does hold firm.
I just hope if the eos offered a reasonable amalgamation without turning tayside aside because of the line. I'm sure this would be favourable to many. Technically the eos have had more than 1 or 2 teams in their leagues before that have been in other territory.

But until this year it has meant nothing as there were no knock-ons from having Gretna 2008 in EoS, Dalbeattie, Threave and Annan in EoS. Even now, the Bonnyton / Kello scenario isn't quite the same as there is no West feeder for Bonnyton to play in (now) and Kello wish to play Junior with Ayrshire links and the current scenario is their only option.

But yes, in a pyramid situation, there are things that would need looking at again. Not least - does the West's all in set-up work? Would bringing the SoS as a regional south division be sensible at level 3/4?

1 hour ago, superbigal said:

Yes what I meant was you probably would have ended with the eos teams ending up moving to the east juniors if the clubs had held firm. The eos would have had difficulty surviving I suspect in the face of 62 junior clubs invading their territory.

A great job of divide and not quite conquer by the eos.

Not by design either it just fell into their laps.

Yeah and we would be facing Junior cup fucking up our season and no fixtuire lists. The organisation of EOSFL is far superior, yes things like the cup gates things are a negative but its not a perfect world. Had Bonnyrigg scenario happened in the JUniors the League would be still struggling to finish and they would be 3 games a week constantly as we were the year we made semi final of junior cup.

39 minutes ago, AlanCamelonfan said:

Yeah and we would be facing Junior cup fucking up our season and no fixtuire lists. The organisation of EOSFL is far superior, yes things like the cup gates things are a negative but its not a perfect world. Had Bonnyrigg scenario happened in the JUniors the League would be still struggling to finish and they would be 3 games a week constantly as we were the year we made semi final of junior cup.

Talbot (2nd) have TEN in hand over Meadow (3rd) just now.  On the 9th of April, it was 12!

2 hours ago, superbigal said:

Yes what I meant was you probably would have ended with the eos teams ending up moving to the east juniors if the clubs had held firm.

This actually happened with Easthouses and Craigroyston moving to the East Region in the Pyramid era. There was also a long standing rumour of Ormiston, I believe, also considering the move. The problem with this is that the East Juniors were holding firm on NOT entering the Pyramid and retaining the status quo of the SJFA outside the SFA Pyramid.

The eos would have had difficulty surviving I suspect in the face of 62 junior clubs invading their territory.

Say Kelty Hearts never joined the EoS in 2017/18.  That would of meant either LTHV or Threave Rovers would of been promoted to the Lowland League. That would of left the EoS at either 13 or 14 clubs. It's possible they still would of been able to attract youth clubs going senior in the likes of Inverkeithing, Syngenta, Glenrothes Strollers and been more willing to accept Musselburgh Windsor or St Bernard's last year. So I don't think they would of had trouble surviving.

A great job of divide and not quite conquer by the eos.

The EoS never did anything, much like the SJFA never did anything.

• Kelty Hearts looked at their surroundings a top of the SJFA East and went "SFA licensing and working our way up the pyramid is better than the Juniors".
  • BSC Glasgow put out their email around a start up WoSFL
  • Dalkeith Thistle looked at their surroundings in the East Region and decided SFA licensing and being in the EoS was a better deal.
  • Clydebank announced they will have a vote on whether to go Senior or not.

That takes you up to the end of January 2018. The SJFA response is a questionnaire that still had entry at Tier 5 as an option, which was if I remember correctly the winner of the Tier 5 or Tier 6 choices.

The EoS never divided anyone one, it was individual clubs and BSC putting the fear in the West Region of a rival league that finally kicked the SJFA into any sort of action with the Pyramid. Then when even more clubs began announcing their move to the EoS, including Clydebank, the SJFA went to the SFA with the begging bowl out for Tier 6 as they feared being ripped apart.

3 hours ago, cmontheloknow said:

The SJFA running all football below level 5 is sensible but unfortunately the mismanagement of the whole transition period means the landscape had changed, the East Juniors are utterly 2nd rate and everyone involved needs to man up and look at the bigger picture and do what is best for the non-league game moving forward.

Part of what is alleged to be involved with pyramid entry is changes to when the season ends and discipline procedures etc, so it's not clear if that all happens why there shouldn't be a combined grade for all semi-pro teams outside the PGB level and what relevance the previous procedures used by the SJFA have at that point.

16 minutes ago, AlanCamelonfan said:

An embarrassment see even if we don't get our licence I'm still glad done it and shows what a farcentre juniors actually was being run

13 minutes ago, newcastle broon said:

I wouldn't know how to but that tweet from sjfa is no longer there ;)

It's not the actual SJFA, just some roaster from Ayrshire saying mon the juniors to their 666 followers - it's just a bit funny (or sad more like) when they unprivate the account to post and then they go private again when they can't handle the replies.

It's not the actual SJFA, just some roaster from Ayrshire saying mon the juniors to their 666 followers - it's just a bit funny (or sad more like) when they unprivate the account to post and then they go private again when they can't handle the replies.

iirc the account is ran by some Rob Roy fan who used to post on p&b (I may be wrong however).

'Deserted' bloody hell. Thats up there with the official from an ERJFA club that called those moved 'traitors'. The mon the juniors mob are a weird weird bunch who border on American exceptionalism at times.