Pyramid 2019/2020

10 minutes ago, superbigal said:

This is an SFA directive and is not new or just negotiated. It stems from last summer.
The lowland sub pwg group has just been brexiting it for months now. No formal alternative complete proposal has been put forward. Like Brexit it's all just what we dont want.
Once again I dont support it but I'm dismayed that the eos and ll have not actually put a firm counter proposal up that would at least give the SFA something to chew over. Just saying we dont mind the west juniors or tayside can have its own league does not fill the void.

Not sure why you would be amazed, I don't think the EOS and LL care about a counter proposal, they are happy with the situation as it is.

Would people prefer the EoS / East Super League and the West Premiership / SoSL to be merged, essentially creating east and west feeder leagues into the Lowland League?

That would seem to be the most sensible solution to me. Of course you'd still get arguments about how to do the merge. Whilst ESL clubs may just about stomach being put at the bottom of the pile below those who jumped last summer, I seriously doubt the bigger WP teams would accept being placed below the SoSL clubs.

2 minutes ago, Gordon EF said:

Would people prefer the EoS / East Super League and the West Premiership / SoSL to be merged, essentially creating east and west feeder leagues into the Lowland League?

That would seem to be the most sensible solution to me...

...and the sort of thing that could be negotiated for starting after an initial status quo trial period. The problem in part is that end game means people losing their blazers.

44 minutes ago, LongTimeLurker said:

If it's only a one year trial as a stop gap to a permanent solution that addresses the Tay boundary and geographical overlap

Is it?  it says it's supposed to be a trial, but doesn't mention Tay boundary at all or geographical overlap.

30 minutes ago, superbigal said:

This is an SFA directive and is not new or just negotiated. It stems from last summer.
The lowland sub pwg group has just been brexiting it for months now. No formal alternative complete proposal has been put forward. Like Brexit it's all just what we dont want.
Once again I dont support it but I'm dismayed that the eos and ll have not actually put a firm counter proposal up that would at least give the SFA something to chew over. Just saying we dont mind the west juniors or tayside can have its own league does not fill the void.

Well firstly there is no SFA Board directive, secondly a counter proposal may come as a result of this, who knows.  A lot depends on what Petrie says next week, where I also understand that Lowland League clubs will be invited to attend the meeting.

9 minutes ago, Gordon EF said:

That would seem to be the most sensible solution to me. Of course you'd still get arguments about how to do the merge. Whilst ESL clubs may just about stomach being put at the bottom of the pile below those who jumped last summer, I seriously doubt the bigger WP teams would accept being placed below the SoSL clubs.

I think the end game in the east is ultimately some form of merger.  The EoS have initiated talks with the ERJFA and the first "get to know you" meeting has happened, who knows where it will lead but at least the EoS have taken the first steps.   We should really see the SFA pushing this along instead of half-baked solutions nobody wants.

This is the back of a fag packet proposal presented by the SFA
Pyramid Working Group Tier 6 Proposal.pdf

Haven’t read this full thread but can anyone tell me why the SFA are suggesting incorporating the remaining East juniors at tier 6.

Surely the EOS league already covers this and they can join that or GTF.

Bit of a slap in the face to the clubs that moved over previously.

5 minutes ago, Clyde01 said:

Haven’t read this full thread but can anyone tell me why the SFA are suggesting incorporating the remaining East juniors at tier 6.

Obviously, because the SJFA has to be all in...except for the North Region which doesn't exist and is a figment of our collective imaginations.

6 minutes ago, Clyde01 said:

Exactly. You'd have thought the changes in the east would provide a bit of a blueprint for any changes in the west and north. Given that it seems to have been relatively succesful and surprisingly smooth so far.

Also, would a sensible solution to the Tayside/Angus problem not just be to create a middle-zone of say Tayside, Angus, Perthshire, Stirlingshire, and Argyll & Bute where clubs can choose whether they want to go into the Highland or Lowland half of the pyramid?

6 minutes ago, Gordon EF said:

Exactly. You'd have thought the changes in the east would provide a bit of a blueprint for any changes in the west and north. Given that it seems to have been relatively succesful and surprisingly smooth so far.

Also, would a sensible solution to the Tayside/Angus problem not just be to create a middle-zone of say Tayside, Angus, Perthshire, Stirlingshire, and Argyll & Bute where clubs can choose whether they want to go into the Highland or Lowland half of the pyramid?

I was literally just typing this!

Postcodes with...

PH, DD, KY, FK and maybe PA in a new central league(?) 

Possibly discretion given to Strathspey, etc considering where they are currently 

Edited by Spyro

51 minutes ago, superbigal said:

It does stem from last summer but the ersjfa have already ignored that proposal by voting in 2 regional leagues at tier 6.  Tier 6 should not be regionalised.

Personally I would allow this to happen if the ersjfa went back to one league as the diagram shows for one season with full amalgamation after the one season agreed for season 20/21 in the east including the tayside clubs.

For the record Dundonald Bluebell rejected the proposal because it was void of content not because we don’t want the juniors in.  We are open to strategic discussion around amalgamation in the east.

Also the east juniors were promised tier 6 before they all jumped ship.

Most either did not believe it or were sheep that followed the movers.

The dundonald position is extremely fair.

The eos did a fantastic job to be fair.

If no one had jumped last season then I have absolutely no doubt this tier 6 proposal would have sailed through in the face of a weak eos.

1 minute ago, superbigal said:

You'd still end up here - two competing leagues in the same region, one comprising teams that don't fit into the footprint of the LL.

The SJFA surviving this intact seems to the major driving force of senior SFA policy right now.

4 minutes ago, LongTimeLurker said:

...possibly because they would be happy to shuffle off the EoS and SoS into the SJFA.

The SJFA running all football below level 5 is sensible but unfortunately the mismanagement of the whole transition period means the landscape had changed, the East Juniors are utterly 2nd rate and everyone involved needs to man up and look at the bigger picture and do what is best for the non-league game moving forward.

Edited by cmontheloknow

1 hour ago, superbigal said:

The supposed SFA Board Directive has never been actually been detailed publicly. The September PWG minutes aren't available and we don't have SFA Board minutes from June. The only explicit mention of a Board Directive is from the November sub-PWG minutes

TJ asked IM to alert the Scottish FA Board to the direction of travel as he felt, due to the concerns raised at this meeting, that there could be an issue with the working group being able to comply with a Board directive

For all we know he's referencing the SFA Board decision from April 2018. A decision that TJ represented to his members as a guarantee that the Juniors were in a Tier 6 and which is contradicted by the SFA who clearly state that they are reconvening the PWG to integrate the Juniors into the Pyramid with absolutely no mention of Tiers of any kind. In fact the SFA email makes clear they hope things can be agreed.

SJFA email version:

image.thumb.png.ef773df40ca1aaa8fb848f3560a78ae6.png

SFA version of events which was distributed to clarify all the conjecture caused by TJ's kosher email

image.thumb.png.71ebbc0ffc5e4599e064c79e289a1ac4.png

6 minutes ago, superbigal said:

The eos did a fantastic job to be fair.

If no one had jumped last season then I have absolutely no doubt this tier 6 proposal would have sailed through in the face of a weak eos.

The east Juniors were not promised anything as the under noted email from the acting CEO confirms (from a couple of pages back), no promises. This was from almost exactly a year ago, past the EoS (normal) deadline and by which time many teams had already submitted applications.

As for your last sentence, this underlines a lot of what has been going on, a Junior association completely uninterested in the Pyramid, and who to this day still bad mouth it, thought they could sail in a claim their place, almost by right.  That is still their attitude.

image.thumb.png.639d7597271aad09f09bbcd123a2ab6d.png

You'd still end up here - two competing leagues in the same region, one comprising teams that don't fit into the footprint of the LL.

The SJFA surviving this intact seems to the major driving force of senior SFA policy right now.

Yes what I meant was you probably would have ended with the eos teams ending up moving to the east juniors if the clubs had held firm. The eos would have had difficulty surviving I suspect in the face of 62 junior clubs invading their territory.

A great job of divide and not quite conquer by the eos.

Not by design either it just fell into their laps.

2 minutes ago, superbigal said:

Yes what I meant was you probably would have ended with the eos teams ending up moving to the east juniors if the clubs had held firm. The eos would have had difficulty surviving I suspect in the face of 62 junior clubs invading their territory.

A great job of divide and not quite conquer by the eos.

Not by design either it just fell into their laps.

Were the EoS supposed to turn away new applicants and tell Kelty to beat it? 

The east Juniors were not promised anything as the under noted email from the acting CEO confirms (from a couple of pages back), no promises. This was from almost exactly a year ago, past the EoS (normal) deadline and by which time many teams had already submitted applications.

As for your last sentence, this underlines a lot of what has been going on, a Junior association completely uninterested in the Pyramid, and who to this day still bad mouth it, thought they could sail in a claim their place, almost by right.  That is still their attitude.

image.thumb.png.639d7597271aad09f09bbcd123a2ab6d.png

I dont disagree on attitudes.

Still feel sorry for tayside being cast aside. Eos have to embrace full amalgamation for me.