Pyramid 2019/2020

9 minutes ago, parsforlife said:

This was presumably sent to clubs/leagues before this weeks meeting? With the votes coming back 100% against the proposal from EoS and LL.

Given the SFA have acknowledged that leagues should survey clubs then you would expect they need to recognise and act upon the results of those votes? Why ask for votes to ignore any outcome?

The SFA believe the disciplinary stuff has been resolved, I doubt everyone would agree with that but it is at least something.

Seems farcical to propose a structure and basically ignore the flow of clubs between leagues. And have it as a 'trial' with no criteria for success set! "Oh aye that bit, we'll sort that out later, pinky promise"

So with the votes in against the proposal, the next step would appear for Petrie to go tell the EoS clubs they are all wrong and trial and force the proposal through without change, I suspect he'll fail here. Either that or he's going to actually listen and try and come up with a proposal that recognises club concerns... decide for yourself.

Is he going to meet with LL clubs as well? Are the SFA continue to make the mistake of not talking to junior clubs and trusting TJ to be properly engaging with clubs and representing and communicating to them without bias?

10 minutes ago, parsforlife said:

This was presumably sent to clubs/leagues before this weeks meeting? With the votes coming back 100% against the proposal from EoS and LL.

Given the SFA have acknowledged that leagues should survey clubs then you would expect they need to recognise and act upon the results of those votes? Why ask for votes to ignore any outcome?

The SFA believe the disciplinary stuff has been resolved, I doubt everyone would agree with that but it is at least something.

Seems farcical to propose a structure and basically ignore the flow of clubs between leagues. And have it as a 'trial' with no criteria for success set! "Oh aye that bit, we'll sort that out later, pinky promise"

So with the votes in against the proposal, the next step would appear for Petrie to go tell the EoS clubs they are all wrong and trial and force the proposal through without change, I suspect he'll fail here. Either that or he's going to actually listen and try and come up with a proposal that recognises club concerns... decide for yourself.

Is he going to meet with LL clubs as well? Are the SFA continue to make the mistake of not talking to junior clubs and trusting TJ to be properly engaging with clubs and representing and communicating to them without bias?

What were the voting results from the Junior clubs, as required by 31/3/19 ?

When will the SFA formally consider the boundary issue. The interim proposals, if implemented  for one year only, breach the SFA's pyramid structure by wrongly  putting north of Tayside clubs, in the Lowland catchment area.  This is primary school stuff.

Don't see anything wrong with the proposal, however understandingly the teams that jumped the gun and into the promised land of the EOS will be less than happy. No apparent objections from the west or east region juniors or the SOS, just the EOS.  Not really much difference to the lowland league.

I wouldn't be surprised if the SFA enforce it.

10 hours ago, Robert James said:

What were the voting results from the Junior clubs, as required by 31/3/19 ?

When will the SFA formally consider the boundary issue. The interim proposals, if implemented  for one year only, breach the SFA's pyramid structure by wrongly  putting north of Tayside clubs, in the Lowland catchment area.  This is primary school stuff.

Primary school stuff indeed, the document clubs were asked to vote on was ridiculously light on detail.

I suspect that Junior clubs wont have been asked to vote, it’s an SJFA plan after all which the SFA have adopted without actually thinking it through and without listening.

This suggestion that the SFA can enforce it is probably baseless, they don't even know the mechanism of how they can actually do this and override agreed rules and regulations.  If they tried, it would cause a lot more bother to them that it's actually worth.

12 minutes ago, Burnie_man said:

Primary school stuff indeed, the document clubs were asked to vote on was ridiculously light on detail.

I suspect that Junior clubs wont have been asked to vote, it’s an SJFA plan after all which the SFA have adopted without actually thinking it through and without listening.

This suggestion that the SFA can enforce it is probably baseless, they don't even know the mechanism of how they can actually do this and override agreed rules and regulations.  If they tried, it would cause a lot more bother to them that it's actually worth.

Did your club get awarded an Entry Licence at yesterday's Board meeting ?

25 minutes ago, Burnie_man said:

Which goes against the proposal of

Each body agreed to organise a vote on whether a trial of the proposed structure can take place for the 2019/20 season.

Sorry to be asking people to repeating themselves, trying to cut through the posts here and struggling to keep up...

Am I right in saying the latest proposal from PWG meeting is that the SFA will try and enforce the west and east juniors to join alongside the Current EOS, meaning the top team of each respective premier league will get a chance to playoff for LL?

If so this is an absolute farce. Has there been any explanation to their thinkin? Does TJ have influence in this?

7 minutes ago, geo87 said:

Sorry to be asking people to repeating themselves, trying to cut through the posts here and struggling to keep up...

Am I right in saying the latest proposal from PWG meeting is that the SFA will try and enforce the west and east juniors to join alongside the Current EOS, meaning the top team of each respective premier league will get a chance to playoff for LL?

If so this is an absolute farce. Has there been any explanation to their thinkin? Does TJ have influence in this?

image.png.04e894d52d8c3c9bcd6df903dd6bf5ae.png

This is the proposal, notice how:

1. there's bugger all under the Highland League
  2. they refer to it as a one year trial
  3. the fact that the SJFA East Super League will not exist next season

image.png.04e894d52d8c3c9bcd6df903dd6bf5ae.png
This is the proposal, notice how:
  1. there's bugger all under the Highland League
  2. they refer to it as a one year trial
  3. the fact that the SJFA East Super League will not exist next season
The most bizarre thing of it all is 4 teams in a playoff fighting for 1 promotion spot and more than likely only the team who wins EOS will be licenced and eligible for promotion.
So entry to Lowland League is just about impossible for a majority of clubs.
A pyramid with no entry. Only in Scotland eh.

If it's only a one year trial as a stop gap to a permanent solution that addresses the Tay boundary and geographical overlap, and as things stand only Girvan have a license as an SJFA member in the LL catchment, and there is talk of tightening up further on licensing, people who are only really interested in the SPFL level are probably genuinely wondering what exactly all the fuss is over.

7 minutes ago, Fife Journeyman said:

The most bizarre thing of it all is 4 teams in a playoff fighting for 1 promotion spot and more than likely only the team who wins EOS will be licenced and eligible for promotion.
So entry to Lowland League is just about impossible for a majority of clubs.
A pyramid with no entry. Only in Scotland eh.

Do you not find it more bizarre that there is "bugger all" below the HFL  ?

I'm fairly certain that entry into the LL will change (eventually).

Jesus fucking Christ. Just when you thought the SFA couldn’t get any more inept.

Is it a case of not understanding what’s needed? Or trying to protect current member clubs, or keep TJ happy?
This is an SFA directive and is not new or just negotiated. It stems from last summer.
The lowland sub pwg group has just been brexiting it for months now. No formal alternative complete proposal has been put forward. Like Brexit it's all just what we dont want.
Once again I dont support it but I'm dismayed that the eos and ll have not actually put a firm counter proposal up that would at least give the SFA something to chew over. Just saying we dont mind the west juniors or tayside can have its own league does not fill the void.

How can they do a one year trial? Imagine if Lochee win the ERJFA and get a license (not that unlikely if they get floodlights). They can get in the LL if they win the play-offs. Yet if the trial ends and they revert to the current rules, they're in the wrong league geographically and have nowhere to go to if they get relegated.

Even weirder, should they win promotion to the SPFL but get relegated after, they'd end up in the HL...

23 minutes ago, superbigal said:

Once again I dont support it but I'm dismayed that the eos and ll have not actually put a firm counter proposal up that would at least give the SFA something to chew over. Just saying we dont mind the west juniors or tayside can have its own league does not fill the void.

Is there even a counter proposal that would be acceptable to the SJFA and SFA? The solution to two leagues in the east is for a merger but TJ said "he would not be willing to tell them that they had to join the EOS FA to progress" (could do with a pyramid timeline like the Chronicles of the Banter Years thread!).

Or if the EOS/LL said they want just two feeders (east/west) for the LL play-off (leading to automatic promotion in future), do you think that the SJFA and SOS would be happy with that?

Edited by Ginaro
added TJ quote

25 minutes ago, Marten said:

How can they do a one year trial? Imagine if Lochee win the ERJFA and get a license (not that unlikely if they get floodlights). They can get in the LL if they win the play-offs. Yet if the trial ends and they revert to the current rules, they're in the wrong league geographically and have nowhere to go to if they get relegated.

Even weirder, should they win promotion to the SPFL but get relegated after, they'd end up in the HL...

It's Scotland things don't need to fully make sense. That's why we have Berwick in the SPFL and have no mechanism available to relegate Fort William even after a goal difference of over -200.

Edited by LongTimeLurker