Pyramid 2019/2020

Rod Petrie, a man who was the chief decision maker at the fourth best-supported club in the country, as they slipped from the top tier and spent three seasons in the second tier. They didn't even have real financial problems.

Genius.

Facts aren’t my strong point! :rolleyes:

Im sure they had a system where EVERY member club was in the first round...it may be France though
In French cup theres 6 prelim rounds organised by the regional leagues & overseas territories. Clubs tier 6 (where fully regional leagues start) & below start off with tier 5 joining round 3, tier 4 round 4 & tier 3 round 5. X amount of clubs from each region/territory qualify to join the top two tiers in round 7. All in around 8500 clubs took part this season.

The Coupe de France also draws lower league teams at home (if there's two levels between clubs) , no replays, just extra time and penalties. It annoys the big teams no end having to trek to a half derelict Stade Municipal to play on a rutted, grassless pitch against some clogging amateurs. It's great.

I have a copy of the email sent by David Baxter to all eos member clubs. Should not be too difficult for someone else to post a copy.

Basically Rod Petrie is coming to explain to the clubs why the tier 6 plan is to happen.

I think Malky Mackay was scheduled as a guest at this meeting. He has been postponed.

12 minutes ago, GNU_Linux said:
27 minutes ago, Spyro said:
Facts aren’t my strong point! :rolleyes:

Im sure they had a system where EVERY member club was in the first round...it may be France though

In French cup theres 6 prelim rounds organised by the regional leagues & overseas territories. Clubs tier 6 (where fully regional leagues start) & below start off with tier 5 joining round 3, tier 4 round 4 & tier 3 round 5. X amount of clubs from each region/territory qualify to join the top two tiers in round 7. All in around 8500 clubs took part this season.

Cool, not exactly how I thought but I knew it had a ridiculous amount of entrants.

I was just speculating, maybe some things we can cherry pick and put to use ourselves while trying to organise things here. 

The French overseas territories top leagues are notionally at level 6 in France - they usually have a local  qualifying competition and then a couple of clubs enter the 7th (when the professional clubs enter) round of the Coupe de France. Metropolitan French clubs in the divisions régionales can also volunteer to travel abroad (funded) which I imagine would be quite attractive, given there's places like Tahiti, Réunion, New Caledonia involved...

9 minutes ago, superbigal said:

Basically Rod Petrie is coming to explain to the clubs why the tier 6 plan is to happen.

If he thinks he's coming to do that, he might be in for a shock.  I wonder if he actually realises that every single club voted against it.

The email makes that clear. He has been invited to explain why tier 6 proposal will happen despite all eos and ll clubs objecting.

This will be an opportunity for clubs to ask directly is how David Baxter puts it.

Expects meeting to go on a bit hence previous guest Malky Mackay put back for another day.

Ian mcginty is the Blackburn recipient so burnie can presumably get a copy to confirm.

Actually at a rough count it has gone to well over 100 people.

Will be interesting to hear how they can force it through. It may be related to the pyramid and the identification of the team to play team 42 being something that is under the SFA's direct control, but that's far from clear where the SFA's online constitution is concerned. Personally think it's good to see the logjam being broken so a genuine pyramid for all semi-pro and pro clubs can be formed and don't see the parallel divisions in the east and the Tayside boundary between the LL and HL as being anything like as critical as they were being made out to be by some on here.

4 minutes ago, superbigal said:

The email makes that clear. He has been invited to explain why tier 6 proposal will happen despite all eos and ll clubs objecting.

This will be an opportunity for clubs to ask directly is how David Baxter puts it.

Expects meeting to go on a bit hence previous guest Malky Mackay put back for another day.

Ian mcginty is the Blackburn recipient so burnie can presumably get a copy to confirm.

Actually at a rough count it has gone to around 100 people.

Are you Locheeboy in disguise lol!

I have now seen a copy, and what is said is "Rod Petrie has accepted an invitation to attend next week's General Meeting where he will be able to explain directly to you why the Scottish FA still wants to impose its Tier 6 proposal despite the unanimous rejection of it by both the SLFL and EoSFL. This will be an opportunity for clubs to ask questions directly to the Scottish FA Vice President."

Of course, what the SFA want and what the SFA actually get are two different things given that agreement is required between all parties before LL play-off rules can be changed. Otherwise, why bother with a vote, and why bother to turn up at meetings if the SFA think all they need to do is impose it.

Petrie got a bit of a hard time back in Aug/Sep when he attended an EoS meeting to explain the Licence embargo, I'm sure he will get an even harder time next week.

1 minute ago, LongTimeLurker said:

Will be interesting to hear how they can force it through. It may be related to the pyramid and the identification of the team to play team 42 being something that is under the SFA's direct control, but that's far from clear where the SFA's online constitution is concerned. Personally think it's good to see the logjam being broken so a genuine pyramid for all semi-pro and pro clubs can be formed and don't see the parallel divisions in the east and the Tayside boundary between the LL and HL as being anything like as critical as they were being made out to be by some on here.

If they could do that, then surely there would already be an extra relegation place from spfl2. As that is the one change that will actually make a difference

1 minute ago, falkirktv said:

If they could do that, then surely there would already be an extra relegation place from spfl2. As that is the one change that will actually make a difference

And Colt teams would already be in the SPFL if they can impose changes on member leagues.

3 minutes ago, falkirktv said:

Think the playoff for team 42 can only be changed with the agreement of the SPFL and that goes back to the negotiations that happened to merge the SFL and SPL. There have been claims the same sort of arrangement applied to the playoff to get into the LL based on an annexe to the LL constitution, which stated that the LL, SFA, EoS and SoS all had to sign off on changes to the playoff format. If the SFA can force a change it means that is not actually the case and that the SFA can dictate what happens lower down the pyramid. This might go back to what was agreed when the LL was formed. Time will tell, basically.

Are you Locheeboy in disguise lol!
I have now seen a copy, and what is said is "Rod Petrie has accepted an invitation to attend next week's General Meeting where he will be able to explain directly to you why the Scottish FA still wants to impose its Tier 6 proposal despite the unanimous rejection of it by both the SLFL and EoSFL. This will be an opportunity for clubs to ask questions directly to the Scottish FA Vice President."
Of course, what the SFA want and what the SFA actually get are two different things given that agreement is required between all parties before LL play-off rules can be changed. Otherwise, why bother with a vote, and why bother to turn up at meetings if the SFA think all they need to do is impose it.
Petrie got a bit of a hard time back in Aug/Sep when he attended an EoS meeting to explain the Licence embargo, I'm sure he will get an even harder time next week.
You of short memory. Larry wanted to knock my lights out and ban me from Thomson park [emoji3] [emoji3] [emoji3]I was just assuming that from being able to name the Blackburn rep via his email account I was directing you to the quickest source. Surprisingly most email accounts are AOL or hotmail etc so it's tough to know who represents each club. Blackburn to the outside world is the only obvious one. I assume that's why Larry always thought you were said gentleman ?

Just now, superbigal said:

You of short memory. Larry wanted to knock my lights out and ban me from Thomson park emoji3.pngemoji3.pngemoji3.pngI was just assuming that from being able to name the Blackburn rep via his email account I was directing you to the quickest source. Surprisingly most email accounts are AOL or hotmail etc so it's tough to know who represents each club. Blackburn to the outside world is the only obvious one. I assume that's why Larry always thought you were said gentleman ?

Who knows with Larry, I didn't actually get a copy of the email from Blackburn but there you go.

Either way, we know why Petrie is attending the meeting, it should be on Premier Sports, I'd pay £9.95 for that!

Given all LL and EoS clubs have effectively told the SFA their plan is pish and unacceptable, I'd hope the governing body actually listens and understands why, and agree to take steps to address.  Anything else and the SFA are letting down it's members.

Can't believe the SFA still want to hammer this ridiculous plan through. If they want to impose change, then a better idea might be telling the remaining south of Tay east juniors to just join the EoS, make a Tayside league for the teams north of the Tay, and then it's a workable solution for the time being at least.

No-one has any objection to the west juniors entering, and it seems that since the north juniors have never been mentioned, that there is no requirement for the juniors to enter as one bloc at the same time. So not sure why the SFA are so hell bent on something so stupid as two leagues at the same tier covering the same area. There is simply no need for that to happen, forced or otherwise.

1 hour ago, superbigal said:

Actually at a rough count it has gone to well over 100 people.

1 hour ago, Burnie_man said:

I have now seen a copy, and what is said is

Was just wondering if these are definitely the same email , as the over 100 recipients bit suggests David Baxter was including more than just EoS reps.

1 minute ago, FairWeatherFan said:

Was just wondering if these are definitely the same email , as the over 100 recipients bit suggests David Baxter was including more than just EoS reps.

Al is in Tenerife on G&T's, his vision might be a bit wonky.  There's only one email.