Pyramid 2019/2020

He is a member of the Non-Professional Game Board as well as the Chair of the Professional Game Board. Not to mention (unfortunately) he's expected to be elected President of the SFA unopposed. So I guess he does have the right to be there.
Which makes it all the more worrying why he thinks the SFA/SJFA plan is even remotely acceptable.

Maybe he was on edge as his pal is about to be emptied from the Scotland job and him and McRae will kop plenty of flak.

He is a member of the Non-Professional Game Board as well as the Chair of the Professional Game Board. Not to mention (unfortunately) he's expected to be elected President of the SFA unopposed. So I guess he does have the right to be there.

Well that makes sense as it was one of the game boards that actually came up with the proposal that the pwg were meant to put in place before the eos put their spanner in that groups works.  

Eosfl and slfl

Eos were only group to openly object at meetings was what I meant

Lowland league objected to nothing at any pwg. They did state their members had to have a say on certain issues that the delegate could not agree on his own.

Eos were only group to openly object at meetings was what I meantLowland league objected to nothing at any pwg. They did state their members had to have a say on certain issues that the delegate could not agree on his own.

And all 15 members rejected the plan, together with all 39 EoS members. Not sure how the SFA can ignore that fact without taking stock and reflecting what to do next.

They are probably going to have to.

The word is that Rod Petrie is attending next Thursdays EoS meeting to speak to clubs about the SFA proposals that they have already rejected.  I hope someone can broadcast it live on Facebook, it would make compelling viewing.  Not sure what reception he’ll receive if he tries to spin the line that the plan is great and clubs should back it, hopefully he is attending to listen to concerns and take those away for a complete re-think.

Then again, it’s Rod Petrie.

Nice to see that those running Scottish football are just as incompetent in non-league matters as they are in the top leagues.

What exactly is the point in moving the junior leagues into the seniors if they are also going to stop giving it licenses?  No teams would even be able to get promoted without a licence. 

What do the juniors gain from joining the senior pyramid if they can't even get a licence?  What is the point of the senior pyramid if teams can't easily be promoted and relegated between the leagues?

Awful state of affairs as usual but sadly I fear that nobody running Scottish football really cares about the non-league teams.  I reckon they just want juniors into the senior pyramid so they don't have to deal with actually making a proper pyramid and they want to close off licensing to protect their current member clubs.  Ultimately, Scottish football is almost always about self-interest.

19 minutes ago, stanley said:

Nice to see that those running Scottish football are just as incompetent in non-league matters as they are in the top leagues.

What exactly is the point in moving the junior leagues into the seniors if they are also going to stop giving it licenses?  No teams would even be able to get promoted without a licence. 

What do the juniors gain from joining the senior pyramid if they can't even get a licence?  What is the point of the senior pyramid if teams can't easily be promoted and relegated between the leagues?

Awful state of affairs as usual but sadly I fear that nobody running Scottish football really cares about the non-league teams.  I reckon they just want juniors into the senior pyramid so they don't have to deal with actually making a proper pyramid and they want to close off licensing to protect their current member clubs.  Ultimately, Scottish football is almost always about self-interest.

One step forward, 5 steps back

De-ja vu for the SFA...

2 minutes ago, leftbehind said:

You should of added its all about protecting the share of the cascading money pot from the SFA to the bigger league clubs.If licenses are handed out in great numbers what are the Preliminary rounds of the Scottish cup going to look like next season.?

Not much change actually, there might even only be 1 prelim round rather than 2.

There is no suggestion that there will be another embargo on Licencing, although I fully expect that SPFL clubs have been moaning about it.

3 minutes ago, leftbehind said:

You should of added its all about protecting the share of the cascading money pot from the SFA to the bigger league clubs.If licenses are handed out in great numbers what are the Preliminary rounds of the Scottish cup going to look like next season.?

The Germans seem to manage going ALL-IN for their first round... 128 teams in a hat!

I can almost hear the arteries of current clubs’ chairmen tightening!

Not much change actually, there might even only be 1 prelim round rather than 2. There is no suggestion that there will be another embargo on Licencing, although I fully expect that SPFL clubs have been moaning about it.

There will be plenty ways the big clubs can in effect create an embargo on licenses to all but the richest up and coming clubs. Floodlights being the 1st (reasonable) weapon. I trust you have confirmed with your Petrie information that all the stuff I got is factually correct.

Funnily enough I think it was tj many moons ago (cant find the quote) that warned of the bigger fish would not allow their food to be sucked by a thousand new minnows placed on a comparable level.

Forget pyramid integration arguments I believe real financial self preservation is now in place.

Just now, superbigal said:

There will be plenty ways the big clubs can in effect create an embargo on licenses. I trust you have confirmed with your Petrie information that all the stuff I got is factually correct.
Funnily enough I think it was tj many moons ago (cant find the quote) that warned of the bigger fish would not allow their food to be sucked by a thousand new minnows placed on a comparable level.
Forget pyramid integration arguments I now believe real financial self preservation is now in place.

On the contrary, all I have heard is that Petrie is attending next weeks EoS meeting. I don't believe there is vey much to report at all from the last two PWG meetings apart from agreement to ask LL/EoS/SoS members to vote on proposals and then feeding the results back. I hope the next step is for Petrie/SFA to listen to EoS and LL clubs and understand why they were unanimously against this proposal, take it on board, and effectively start again.  It seems obvious to all what needs to happen to get agreement, all except the SFA.

As for Licencing, I doubt that was discussed at PWG, it's not their remit.  I also doubt the SFA can be seen to stifle growth of the game, they would get panned for it. Remember   "The Scottish FA is trusted to lead the country's national sport with integrity and innovation, fostering a culture of performance, unity and trust"

The Germans seem to manage going ALL-IN for their first round... 128 teams in a hat!
That's they way it should be. The Scottish Cup has become a bit stale in that more often than not we end playing a fellow league 1 or 2 club with the occasional Highland club throwing in.

Surely the SPFL clubs can't have their cake and eat it - they want a decent league for club 42 to drop into, but don't want anyone else to gain access to and improve tier 5?

Do we know how big the SFA payments are for those in the SPFL? We saw from Selkirk's accounts they were getting about £10k for having an entry licence in the LL. Similar for all entry clubs, with bigger payments for bronze, silver, gold? (and platinum but I don't think Celtic really depend on that money)

Edited by Ginaro

24 minutes ago, Spyro said:

...and that roaring engine you'll hear is our cup sponsor's making a hasty retreat.

Surely the SPFL clubs can't have their cake and eat it - they want a decent league for club 42 to drop into, but don't want anyone else to gain access to and improve tier 5?
Do we know how big the SFA payments are for those in the SPFL? We saw from Selkirk's accounts they were getting about £10k for having an entry licence in the LL. Similar for all entry clubs, with bigger payments for bronze, silver, gold? (and platinum but I don't think Celtic really depend on that money)
Celtic put the money towards the leckie bill for the disco lights imo, vital money clearly.

Just now, GNU_Linux said:
4 minutes ago, Ginaro said:

Celtic put the money towards the leckie bill for the disco lights imo, vital money clearly.

They might be out of Europe, but at least they exited in style.

The EOS seem to be shafted here, then again, that's the SFA for you.

5 minutes ago, The_Judge said:

...and that roaring engine you'll hear is our cup sponsor's making a hasty retreat.

Their lose imo...

I can totally see why it doesn’t happen this way, but just imagine for a moment :)

Look at what a bit of thinking out the box has done for the early rounds of the League Cup

31 minutes ago, Spyro said:

It's actually 64 teams: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2018–19_DFB-Pokal Though to make it even more interesting the top 32 teams are drawn away to a lower ranked team in the opening round.