Pyramid 2019/2020

Reading that bonkers thread on West Juniors reconstruction, where they are all tying themselves into knots over how to get their season finished in time to take part in a LL play-off, it’s fairly plain to see that it’s time to hunt the SJFA and tell them to carry on as they are for those clubs who want to stay Junior.

Set-up a new WoSFL free of all the baggage of Junior football and start afresh for those clubs that want to, tell clubs in the east to join the EoSFL if they want to access the Pyramid, and let’s all get on with it.

22 minutes ago, Burnie_man said:

Reading that bonkers thread on West Juniors reconstruction, where they are all tying themselves into knots over how to get their season finished in time to take part in a LL play-off, it’s fairly plain to see that it’s time to hunt the SJFA and tell them to carry on as they are for those clubs who want to stay Junior.

Set-up a new WoSFL free of all the baggage of Junior football and start afresh for those clubs that want to, tell clubs in the east to join the EoSFL if they want to access the Pyramid, and let’s all get on with it.

April 30th is the deadline for SoS applications. Just have x number of clubs apply, with 16 clubs already you'd get a transitional season. Then we can just have 2 feeders to the Lowland without worrying to split it 3 ways.

April 30th is the deadline for SoS applications. Just have x number of clubs apply, with 16 clubs already you'd get a transitional season. Then we can just have 2 feeders to the Lowland without worrying to split it 3 ways.
It's whether the SOS would accept more clubs from outwith D&G. They can tolerate one or two from outwith i.e. Edusport & Bonnyton but I don't see them being overly keen because of say fears regarding financial impact of increased travel outside the county due to some clubs being fairly small sizes.

I do agree however 2 feeders vs 3 is alot more desirable & easier to deal with.

14 minutes ago, GNU_Linux said:

It's whether the SOS would accept more clubs from outwith D&G. They can tolerate one or two from outwith i.e. Edusport & Bonnyton but I don't see them being overly keen because of say fears regarding financial impact of increased travel outside the county due to some clubs being fairly small sizes.

I do agree however 2 feeders vs 3 is alot more desirable & easier to deal with.

The way I see it, it's the easiest way to displace the SoS. Of course it'll never happen though. There was more traction over an independent WoSFL.

But if you want to live in my fantasy land for a minute. Clydebank, Cumnock, Kilwinning & the other licencing chasing club move at least. Gives you 2x 10 team regional divisions. Work it like the East Region super leagues with a playoff for the overall Championship.

Eventually it grows in members to a point where you form a proper Premier Division with regional divisions below.

43 minutes ago, FairWeatherFan said:

The way I see it, it's the easiest way to displace the SoS. Of course it'll never happen though. There was more traction over an independent WoSFL.

But if you want to live in my fantasy land for a minute. Clydebank, Cumnock, Kilwinning & the other licencing chasing club move at least. Gives you 2x 10 team regional divisions. Work it like the East Region super leagues with a playoff for the overall Championship.

Eventually it grows in members to a point where you form a proper Premier Division with regional divisions below.

Perhaps the better way forward is for LL2 to be formed for 2020/21 perhaps expanding to LL2E and LL2W in 2021/22 or beyond.

Dependent upon licensing Clydebank, Cumnock, Kilwinning etc can then come onboard at the appropriate time.

Again may also be in fantasy land as TJ & Co appear to have played an ace in stultifying the growth of a "pure pyramid".

Lowland League 2 looks to be the way to break the deadlock that exists at tier 6.
It just likely means spending the rest of the year with the same junior/senior debates. Because I doubt it'll get announced anytime soon.
Correct, a LL West and LL East would sort the west out, bit harsh on the EoS Premier but it might encourage more Juniors to join.

43 minutes ago, Burnie_man said:
1 hour ago, FairWeatherFan said:
Lowland League 2 looks to be the way to break the deadlock that exists at tier 6.
It just likely means spending the rest of the year with the same junior/senior debates. Because I doubt it'll get announced anytime soon.

Correct, a LL West and LL East would sort the west out, bit harsh on the EoS Premier but it might encourage more Juniors to join.

What happened at the PWG meeting Burnieman?

Surely an LL East at Tier 6 would be, to all intents and purposes, the same league as the current EoS Premier?

Just now, craigkillie said:
54 minutes ago, Burnie_man said:

Surely an LL East at Tier 6 would be, to all intents and purposes, the same league as the current EoS Premier?

Pretty much I'd expect, but it would also provide a route for the west clubs IF they implement it and IF they go West/East.  They may just go a single LL2 and invite applications. Could be anything, could be nothing as not much has emerged as to what they are thinking.

Presumably the EoS and LL would have reported back that their 44 members clubs rejected the proposal that included tier 6 ERSJFA entry, if what we have been told on that is accurate. At that point either the SFA Board has the power to force it through anyway and will proceed to do so later this month in which case the meeting would have ended abruptly on that note or they don't. If it's the latter the rest of the meeting would have been interesting to witness as a fly on the wall as I'm sure there would have been some hissy fits going on once certain people realised they are not as all powerful as they like to think. Will be interesting to see what happens next.

1 hour ago, LongTimeLurker said:

Presumably the EoS and LL would have reported back that their 44 members clubs rejected the proposal that included tier 6 ERSJFA entry, if what we have been told on that is accurate. At that point either the SFA Board has the power to force it through anyway and will proceed to do so later this month in which case the meeting would have ended abruptly on that note or they don't. If it's the latter the rest of the meeting would have been interesting to witness as a fly on the wall as I'm sure there would have been some hissy fits going on once certain people realised they are not as all powerful as they like to think. Will be interesting to see what happens next.

Burnieman knows what happened I’m sure.....:whistle