Pyramid 2019/2020

21 minutes ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

Yes they are called ‘porta-loos’.

Cheers for that - I'd never heard of them before ;)

Can any of the grown-ups on here tell me if portable toilets are acceptable at a licensed club? I can recall Alloa having them a couple of years back. Also I imagine there would be a requirement to provide a disabled version.

ETA - cheers @Nimmo's Notes , post overlapped.

Edited by The Mantis

On 28/03/2019 at 12:19, FairWeatherFan said:

TheFA pyramid is still evolving and to some they are in the other extreme to the SFA. Instead of doing bugger all, theFA are trying to create a "perfect pyramid" that from National League down goes 1-2-4-8-16 not sure if it goes beyond.

It is now agreed that the above structure will be implemented for season 2020/21, including  a proposed new 8th (north) league at Step 4, plus 2 new leagues at Step 5. There will also be a rationalisation at Step 6.  2019/20 will be a transitional season, working towards the revised pyramid in 2020/21. A tendering process is already  underway. to  decide who will run the new  step 4 league.

The FA controls the English structure, but only after carrying out extensive consultation with  all the pyramid leagues.

7 hours ago, Burnie_man said:

I think Dalkeith and Newtongrange are the two with floodlights who are not being considered on Thursday.   They might not be considered in June either as I'm lead to believe they have a bit of work still to do.  Dunipace can be added to the list for June.

Of the non-floodlight clubs, Edinburgh Utd aren't in a position yet by the looks of Paties Road on Saturday.

Where do the two West Region Junior licensing applicants, fit in to this timetable -  ie : consideration in June or beyond ?  Or is this dependent on the West Juniors joining the pyramid for 2019/20 ?

Where do the two West Region Junior licensing applicants, fit in to this timetable -  ie : consideration in June or beyond ?  Or is this dependent on the West Juniors joining the pyramid for 2019/20 ?
The junior clubs (Cumnock & a club as of yet unamed) can only become licensed if a member of a league in the pyramid. Auchinleck were going to pursue licensing a few years ago but were told in order to so they'd have to join the SOSL as it was part of the pyramid.

53 minutes ago, Robert James said:

What is the latest on that are the West Juniors taking the SOSL's place in the pyramid at Tier 6 or does nobody know?

I really can't be bothered going through 40 pages to find a half answer.

7 hours ago, Enigma said:

Marshmallows attitude is quite ironic as under his logic Falkirk should have been relegated in 2001-02.

That's a fair cop given that I was also actively praying for progressive clubs not to have running water. When I was in primary school. 17 years ago. 

8 hours ago, GNU_Linux said:

The junior clubs (Cumnock & a club as of yet unamed) can only become licensed if a member of a league in the pyramid. Auchinleck were going to pursue licensing a few years ago but were told in order to so they'd have to join the SOSL as it was part of the pyramid.

Given the SJFA have passed a motion at their AGM to enter the pyramid, west region junior clubs appear to be able to put applications in now without the SOSL angle rearing its head. If Glenconner is to be believed,* the second mystery club has floodlights and seating which narrows down the possibilities considerably.

* - judge for yourselves whether you view him as a credible source

1 hour ago, Marshmallo said:

That's a fair cop given that I was also actively praying for progressive clubs not to have running water. When I was in primary school. 17 years ago. 

Christ still watching wrestling, act like a big baby and awkward with the opposite sex nothing has changed mallow :lol:

1 hour ago, LongTimeLurker said:

Given the SJFA have passed a motion at their AGM to enter the pyramid, west region junior clubs appear to be able to put applications in now without the SOSL angle rearing its head. If Glenconner is to be believed,* the second mystery club has floodlights and seating which narrows down the possibilities considerably.

* - judge for yourselves whether you view him as a credible source

The Licence Dept require a letter of endorsement from your league as part of the audit process, therefore as the WRJFA are not in the Pyramid then all I can see as having happened (or about to happen on Thursday) is for the SFA Board to consider their application letter and £2k joining fee (like Dunipace).  Depends their view on the status of the WRJFA I guess, and whether any progress was made yesterday.