Pyramid 2019/2020

Is there anything the SFA is currently doing well? I'm not an instinctively critical person and I know that every job is harder from the inside than the outside, but this seems to be a completely dysfunctional organisation that's not fit for purpose.

Clubs have spent considerable sums trying to get licensed in time for the 31 March deadline for promotion, and they've no idea what's going on.

Leadership, communication, change management, administration, decision making, financial management, marketing... nothing, they get nothing right.  They're an embarrassment to the country.

2 minutes ago, superbigal said:

It's hardly a cat out of the bag.  Remember Maxwell did say it was a done deal in October.  

I did say I expected the SFA to announce this weeks ago. 

No idea if significance in timing or not.

When has the SFA forced anything on anyone? The SFA even put up the Lowland League application stating it was only for clubs South of the Tay a week before the Lowland League posted it. Showing they gave it the once over for approval.

The way this has been phrased seems far. Someone within the PWG has finally given a proposal for what the Lowland League play-off would look like. That doesn't mean it will be accepted. You've already seen it said that the EoS and Lowland League are against the S(J)FA's proposal. Which can be some what supported by the EoS issues with the East Region in the PWG minutes and the Lowland League starting a working group for a Lowland Legue 2.

Haddington secretary doesn't seem too keen on it and doesn't think the EoS will support it either.

7 minutes ago, superbigal said:

It was the lowland league tasked with the playoffs proposal.

The Lowland League aka George Fraser was tasked with it in November. By January he said he hadn't got a proposal as there wasn't anything to work on so far.

On 18/02/2019 at 08:28, superbigal said:

Minutes of Meeting
Sub-Group of Pyramid Working Group
Wednesday 9 January 2019
Attendance: Ian Maxwell (Chief Executive, Scottish FA) - IM, Laura Dougan (Head of Football Governance, Scottish FA) - LD, Sandy Bryson (Head of Registrations Department, Scottish FA) - SB, Vicki McMullan (Disciplinary Department Manager & Judicial Panel Secretary, Scottish FA) - VM, Tom Johnston (Secretary, Scottish Junior FA) - TJ, George Fraser (Chairman, Scottish Lowland Football League) - GF, Andrew Renwick (Vice-President, East of Scotland FA) - AR, John Greenhorn (Secretary, East of Scotland FA) - JG, Richard Osborne (Secretary, Southern Counties FA) - RO.

IM asked GF to confirm the position with the draft Play Off Rules. GF stated that he would have to get a formal proposal from the working group to proceed. He confirmed that the Play Off Rules need agreement from the East, South, SLFL and the Scottish FA.

IM agreed that he would produce a proposal, along with LD, to allow the SLFL to progress the Play Off Rules, as required by GF.

So this is Ian Maxwell finally proposing a Lowland League playoff set up. As until now there hasn't been anything.

Edited by FairWeatherFan

6 minutes ago, superbigal said:
22 minutes ago, FairWeatherFan said:
So this is Ian Maxwell finally proposing a Lowland League playoff set up. As until now there hasn't been anything.

I agree but add it is likely the same proposal that was indicated in the infamous email.

The email doesn't actually give a proposal on any play-off or promotion format between the leagues. It only states the the EoSFL and SoSFL would sit at Tier 6 alongside the West Region & East Region top divisions (continued to be administered by the SJFA) under the Lowland League.

That's how the Lowland League could get away with sitting on their hands for months saying there's no proposal to work on.

What League would Whitehill Welfare go into if relegated
ERJFA or EOS?
Someone needs to take a grip of this scenario quickly.
Clubs not knowing if they have licences or can get promoted 5 weeks before the season end.
Sort the Tayside issue out once and for all and the rest falls into place.

9 minutes ago, Fife Journeyman said:

What League would Whitehill Welfare go into if relegated
ERJFA or EOS?
Someone needs to take a grip of this scenario quickly.
Clubs not knowing if they have licences or can get promoted 5 weeks before the season end.
Sort the Tayside issue out once and for all and the rest falls into place.

The way Lowland League relegation works at the minute is that the 3 leagues sort out which clubs would be relegated where before the season starts. I think at one point the list was actually public or at least could be found some where. Over time it's not clear if the likes of East Kilbride changed from the SoS to EoS.

So in terms of this season any club relegated from the Lowland League would be going to either the EoS Premier or SoS.

I imagine something similar would be put in place, but instead of 3 leagues sorting it out, it would be 5.

From what I have seen it looks suspiciously like the work of TJ. It's simpleton rubbish with little detail of any substance, and ignores the concerns raised by the EoS.

Sums up Maxwell's SFA reign so far. Shambles.

8 minutes ago, Burnie_man said:

From what I have seen it looks suspiciously like the work of TJ. It's simpleton rubbish with little detail of any substance, and ignores the concerns raised by the EoS.

Did you not tell him that in Kazakhstan 

10 minutes ago, Burnie_man said:

It's also the most blah proposal showing that the SFA doesn't have any interest in a cohesive pyramid.

If he put forward something like 2 relegation spots from the Lowland League with the playoffs being SoS vs. West Premiership and EoS vs. East Superleague. That at least would of sparked some debate and the weighing up of mergers between the leagues.

This is a proposal that's even worse than the current structure.

In response to the East of Scotland's open approach to applications and allowing a number of clubs enter the SFA Pyramid on an equal status they have so far been repaid with:

1. A near 6 month moratorium on SFA Licensing applications
  2. Introduction of floodlights as a licensing requirement in the middle of a number of their members applying for one.
  3. Delays in the acceptance of SFA licensing applications waiting for the stamp of approval by the SFA Board, possibly preventing promotion due to missing the March 31st deadlines.
  4. A proposal that halves their promotion chances to the Lowland League

1 hour ago, FairWeatherFan said:

In response to the East of Scotland's open approach to applications and allowing a number of clubs enter the SFA Pyramid on an equal status they have so far been repaid with:

1. A near 6 month moratorium on SFA Licensing applications
  2. Introduction of floodlights as a licensing requirement in the middle of a number of their members applying for one.
  3. Delays in the acceptance of SFA licensing applications waiting for the stamp of approval by the SFA Board, possibly preventing promotion due to missing the March 31st deadlines.
  4. A proposal that halves their promotion chances to the Lowland League

As bad as all of those are, I think even worse is "recognises a league of 36 clubs from outside the pyramid as equivalent to a league of 39 clubs inside the pyramid covering the same area, despite over 20 clubs having left the non-pyramid league to join the pyramid league last year for the specific purpose of joining the pyramid, and despite the non-pyramid league having many clubs outside the area eligible for promotion to the next tier in the pyramid."

But then these are the people who have presided over Scottish football as it fell from serial qualifiers for finals and with a range of clubs competitive in Europe to a laughing stock that gets dominated by a team ranked outside the top 100 in the world, so it's merely symptomatic. 

Unfortunately due to the debacle in Kazakhstan it brought to my attention that Alan McRae will be stepping down as SFA President in June, with the expectation of Rod Petrie taking over unopposed.

So whatever sentiment the SFA Board has now might not be quite the same by the summer.

On 22/03/2019 at 13:59, FairWeatherFan said:

I can attest to David Baxter being a quite responsive person to queries. It was through him I received responses confirming the HL/LL boundary and on the relegation situation of the LL following Selkirk's demise.

David Baxter has done a superb job in coordinating the Conferences and the seamless inclusion of junior clubs into the EoS.

I've spoken to David Baxter on a couple of occasions and he seems a very capable guy.

Is this the Rod Petrie who sold off the Hibs team that demolished Kilmarnock in the League cup final, watched his side be relegated and kept boasting about how much money the club had?

2 minutes ago, patriot1 said:

I've spoken to David Baxter on a couple of occasions and he seems a very capable guy.

Is this the Rod Petrie who sold off the Hibs team that demolished Kilmarnock in the League cup final, watched his side be relegated and kept boasting about how much money the club had?

Yip. Another wonderous figurehead for Scottish football.