Pyramid 2019/2020

On 10/03/2019 at 19:54, parsforlife said:

The next 2 weeks are huge here. A couple of important meetings and then afterwards clubs will find themselves in with all the information available (not saying it will be enough info) to make their decisions. IMO your 4-5 deflections away from the EJFA being dead in its current form.

Expect an SFA Board meeting to be held within 14 days.  My guess is that the  main  "Agenda" items may well be :

* award of new club licences  for pre-2019 applicants 

* outcome or matters arising, from PWG  meeting today

* derogation recommendations.

I may of course be totally wrong, especially if "running down the clock" is the  preferred approach at present  ?

Edited by Robert James
typo

16 hours ago, Robert James said:

Expect an SFA Board meeting to be held within 14 days.  My guess is that the  main  "Agenda" items may well be :

* award of new club licences  for pre-2019 applicants 

* outcome or matters arising, from PWG  meeting today

* derogation recommendations.

I may of course be totally wrong, especially if "running down the clock" is the  preferred approach at present  ?

My info is yesterday’s meeting didn’t even last an hour.  The next PWG meet will be 13/14th April with the next SFA Board meeting 18th April. Which is too late for clubs without licence getting promoted to Lowland League.

No got any further detail for meeting but hopefully that will be available soon.  Personal feeling is one of deflation and annoyance. 

1 minute ago, bluebell1 said:

My info is yesterday’s meeting didn’t even last an hour.  The next PWG meet will be 13/14th April with the next SFA Board meeting 18th April. Which is too late for clubs without licence getting promoted to Lowland League.

No got any further detail for meeting but hopefully that will be available soon.  Personal feeling is one of deflation and annoyance. 

No way, if that is accurate that is absolutely scandalous.

10 minutes ago, bluebell1 said:

If that's right then the 31st March deadline for the EOS winner to be licensed will have to be put back.

16 minutes ago, patriot1 said:

If that's right then the 31st March deadline for the EOS winner to be licensed will have to be put back.

I was just about to say that. Yes the SFA have fucked up (as is to be expected), but it's now in the LL's hands to grant a "waiver, relaxation or period of grace" as mentioned in III d) of the pyramid play-off rules so that at least there is a chance of automatic promotion. The application for membership press release could be updated as well so that it's not just basically Linlithgow who can apply for the vacant LL place.

Edited by Ginaro

The shorter the meeting the more likely it was rubber stamping. Imo Surprised the eos insiders have no info yet. can no one ask the old boys ?

Minutes will no doubt take a few days to publish.

2 minutes ago, superbigal said:

The shorter the meeting the more likely it was rubber stamping. Imo Surprised the eos insiders have no info yet.

I'm referring to the SFA Board meeting delay and it's impact on Licencing.

As for short PWG meeting, who knows, says to me not much progress given there's a follow up in 5 weeks time. There's nothing to rubber stamp.

40 minutes ago, Burnie_man said:

I have said on several of my earlier posts, including on "Club Licensing", that I was suspicious of SFA Board delays in rescheduling, after the earlier meeting was postponed owing to a funeral.

18th April - is this official ?  This is totally unfair for EoS clubs who submitted licensing applications in 2018, and are in the mix for promotion to the LL, 

Also, why apparently was yesterday's PWG meeting so brief, requiring yet another meeting, immediately prior to the delayed  SFA Board meeting ? 

27 minutes ago, superbigal said:

The shorter the meeting the more likely it was rubber stamping. Imo Surprised the eos insiders have no info yet. can no one ask the old boys ?

Well it was said that the likes of the EoS would have to present things to their members for approval. At the time there was nothing to present. Perhaps a proposal was put forward and now it's going out to the leagues.

And people are obviously talking about it if Bluebell1 is dishing out updated dates on  the next set of meetings. If that's the greatest detail to be divulged it doesn't sound like much was rubber stamped.

3 minutes ago, gogsy said:

The sooner the Lowland league come out with an announcement saying the deadline is extended from 31st March until after 16th April the better. Nobody in the Lowland league is affected if they do that and it will allow the teams in with a chance of promotion to still progress. For the teams that have applied for licence the next SFA licence meeting being 18th April might be frustrating but does it materially affect them.

You'd like to think that would be a given. The clubs have done what was asked of them, it's the SFA who have dropped the ball.  If the LL don't bail out the SFA and stick to the 31st March deadline then it might get messy.

38 minutes ago, gogsy said:

Lowland league needs to do everything it can to stop Linlithgow Rose going up to have some integrity and get a team promoted by merit.:whistle

Whilst it may be unpopular the LL may not extend the deadline if they think Linlithgow would be a good replacement for Selkirk and then there is no need for re-election of the team that finishes bottom of the current LL season. 

This also gives them time to get LL2 off the ground with some West Region teams included if they join the seniors.

Who knows what skullduggery may be afoot?

Whilst it may be unpopular the LL may not extend the deadline if they think Linlithgow would be a good replacement for Selkirk and then there is no need for re-election of the team that finishes bottom of the current LL season. 
This also gives them time to get LL2 off the ground with some West Region teams included if they join the seniors.
Who knows what skullduggery may be afoot?
LL2 was seemingly put on the backburner but with how the PWG has dragged on once more it might get revived if the blazers can't come to a deal.

The issue though how many west clubs would jump. The majority voted to join the pyramid but on the basis of remaining in their own wee 'junior' world.

5 minutes ago, GNU_Linux said:

LL2 was seemingly put on the backburner but with how the PWG has dragged on once more it might get revived if the blazers can't come to a deal.

The issue though how many west clubs would jump. The majority voted to join the pyramid but on the basis of remaining in their own wee 'junior' world.

I don't think LL2 has been put on the back burner, just that the working group to look into it has only just got going.

I think everyone knows that if they pushed ahead with a LL2 West and East for next season, then they would quite easily find the 32 clubs needed to fill it, albeit the majority would initially be unlicenced, particularly in the west.

3 minutes ago, GNU_Linux said:
11 minutes ago, AlanCamelonfan said:
Might be changes depending on finishing position 

I'm curious about who new team #2 is. A team based in Linlithgow has been ruled out seemingly.

I'm not sure their is. I think theirs been confusion over linlithgow thistle boness thing. As a junior committee told people their was 2 coming back. Clearly noone is coming back