Pyramid 2019/2020

Last season's exodus from the East Juniors meant that, for the first time in a looooong time, maybe ever, there were more senior clubs than junior.
At the start of the season there were 130 clubs in the pyramid, and 131 in the juniors.
Glenrothes' defection puts the pyramid ahead for the very first time.

At least 2 new clubs likely to join the ERJFA would put the juniors ahead again.

6 hours ago, GordonS said:

Last season's exodus from the East Juniors meant that, for the first time in a looooong time, maybe ever, there were more senior clubs than junior.

At the start of the season there were 130 clubs in the pyramid, and 131 in the juniors.

Glenrothes' defection puts the pyramid ahead for the very first time.

I'm not sure I would count Stirling University EoS, Annan Athletic SoS and Stranraer SoS as individual clubs. Teams certainly, but not clubs.

Start of the season I would have it as

SFA Pyramid: SPFL (42) + HFL (18) + LFL (16) + EoS (38) + SoS (14) = 128

Since then you've lost Selkirk and now have the potential of adding at least Glenrothes, Glenrothes Strollers and Syngenta = 130

Junior Pyramid: West Region (63) + East Region (36) + North Region (32) = 131

minus Glenrothes with Coupar Angus possibly going into abeyance and additions of Bo'ness United Juniors and Breadalbane = 131

15 minutes ago, Bundesliga Boy said:

That’s assuming there are no further defections to the seniors - which is a very big assumption.

But if the SJFA comes into the pyramid en masse as they've suggested, it's all academic anyway.

Think the Strollers thing will be what tipped the balance as they won't want to wind up being the EK Thistle to the newly emerging EKFC type club.

Beyond that the Linlithgow Thistle amateurs as BUJFC thing looks embarrassing for the ERSJFA more than anything else at this point as it looks like something driven by complete desperation that borders on Walter Mitty sort of territory. They needed the real Bo'ness United to fail to make next season's EoS premier for that to have any chance of working, but that's looking unlikely now after the recent run of good form.

4 hours ago, AlanCamelonfan said:

I think that's looking unlikely 

I do agree: there's far too many inconsistencies to iron out for next season (and it's already March). Just pointing out what we're being told by various junior-affiliated posters. If there is a wholesale shift, then seniors/juniors as separate 'grades' ceases to exist.

Junior thread locked just as I was posting. Thank feck for copy and paste or id have lost this.

Btw it's a disgrace whoever locked the topic.

In theory the sub lower PWG meeting tomorrow should simply be to action points outstanding in the January minutes.  So I review them again to see what is "up in the air".

So the 1st outstanding point is the draft play off rules. George Fraser LL now has presumably had another 2 months to get a proposal in place that is accepted or ready for acceptance by the EOS, SOS, SLFL and SFA.  In January it was only the EOS who had to run any information past their own board. It was noted by Maxwell that any "stalling for the wrong reasons" may be "considered" by the SFA board.  Maxwell also was noted as saying he would produce a proposal to allow the SLFL to progress George Fraser's "Rules"

2nd point is the group discussed the demarcation line and geographical issues.  There does not appear to be any indication at this point of objections to a move to the line. Also as the next paragraph is the EOS saying they are not objecting to everything although it looks like they are.  They then identify objections in particular to discipline, as opposed to the line (which you would think they would object to).  No obvious objection from the LL to anything !!    I suspect this will have to be discussed at tomorrows meeting, especially with LL advertising for a vacancy in line with the current demarcation line.

3rd Point is the EOS then finally woke up and kicked of about overlapping geography. TJ warns them to stop going over "old ground" etc.  Laura Dougan eventually requests all objections are "aired" promptly as opposed to further down the line.  This should mean that tomorrows meeting either finally kills of the EOS objections and moves demarcation etc, or as TJ warns the "Board Directive" (Which is his gospel) is being cast aside by this Sub Group.  The SFA statement he was hoping for before now has never materialised (I was genuinly led to believe said statement was forthcoming).

Edited by superbigal

Junior thread locked just as I was posting. Thank feck for copy and paste or id have lost this.
Btw it's a disgrace whoever locked the topic.

In theory the sub lower PWG meeting tomorrow should simply be to action points outstanding in the January minutes.  So I review them again to see what is "up in the air".
So the 1st outstanding point is the draft play off rules. George Fraser LL now has presumably had another 2 months to get a proposal in place that is accepted or ready for acceptance by the EOS, SOS, SLFL and SFA.  In January it was only the EOS who had to run any information past their own board. It was noted by Maxwell that any "stalling for the wrong reasons" may be "considered" by the SFA board.  Maxwell also was noted as saying he would produce a proposal to allow the SLFL to progress George Fraser's "Rules"
2nd point is the group discussed the demarcation line and geographical issues.  There does not appear to be any indication at this point of objections to a move to the line. Also as the next paragraph is the EOS saying they are not objecting to everything although it looks like they are.  They then identify objections in particular to discipline, as opposed to the line (which you would think they would object to).  No obvious objection from the LL to anything !!    I suspect this will have to be discussed at tomorrows meeting, especially with LL advertising for a vacancy in line with the current demarcation line.
3rd Point is the EOS then finally woke up and kicked of about overlapping geography. TJ warns them to stop going over "old ground" etc.  Laura Dougan eventually requests all objections are "aired" promptly as opposed to further down the line.  This should mean that tomorrows meeting either finally kills of the EOS objections and moves demarcation etc, or as TJ warns the "Board Directive" (Which is his gospel) is being cast aside by this Sub Group.  The SFA statement he was hoping for before now has never materialised (I was genuinly led to believe said statement was forthcoming).
I'm not aware of the EoS board having discussed the LL play-off rules as currently there is nothing to discuss. Perhaps that will be presented and taken back to board/members after tomorrow. I guess that will also have to be agreed by LL and SoS boards.

I'm also lead to believe that the version of the January minutes that were posted up here were not the 'final' version as the EoS wanted some points corrected to reflect what was said. What that relates to I don't know.

The comment from Maxwell about "stalling for the wrong reasons" is bizarre, who decides what is wrong or right and what can they do? I'd say that objecting to another league at tier 6 covering the same area, and therefore not voting for their inclusion in the play-off is nowhere near a "wrong reason", it's entirely reasonable.

Any EOS objections to minutes will likely be noted in tomorrows minutes. Pretty certain the January document was not rewritten.

Hopefully I will receive tomorrows minutes promptly   :angel

Btw they are not private & confidential.  Only the minutes leaked by someone in the EOS board meeting October were.

Any EOS objections to minutes will likely be noted in tomorrows minutes. Pretty certain the January document was not rewritten.
Hopefully I will receive tomorrows minutes promptly   :angel
Btw they are not private & confidential.  Only the minutes leaked by someone in the EOS board meeting October were.
IMO tomorrow is last chance saloon for next season given that any plans presented then need to go back to the various leagues and boards for acceptance/rejection, which will take time.

Personally I dont think they're anywhere close to agreement in all areas.

Then it's onto Tuesday and the ERJFA meeting where whatever is decided on their structure for next season could lead to more clubs heading for EoS.

The next 2 weeks are huge here. A couple of important meetings and then afterwards clubs will find themselves in with all the information available (not saying it will be enough info) to make their decisions. IMO your 4-5 deflections away from the EJFA being dead in its current form.