Pyramid 2019/2020

Probably a no brainer for Glenrothes Juniors as they are struggling  at their present level and are likely to be relegated. A new move to the EOS would let them find their level and maybe allow them to get new or younger players in.

The only problem might be that if there is another Glenrothes team who already have an established youth structure in place then it could be difficult for them to compete with them to attract young players.

Edited by Truthteller

On 05/03/2019 at 20:13, Burnie_man said:

Sygenta Juveniles announced last year they would be applying for next season, but some suggestions of ground difficulties.  AM Soccer was also quoted but that was probably just speculation.

Have a look at  AM Soccer FC's members' review and 'mission' statement, posted on the New Clubs in the EoS  forum.

On 05/03/2019 at 13:26, edinabear said:

This is interesting, considering they did not move last year.  Glenrothes must know that the East Junior League is not coming across to the Pyramid otherwise they would have just stayed where they are.

So all this talk of East Juniors being at Tier 6 alongside the East of Scotland League is nonsense then...

The PWG is apparently meeting on Monday 11th March, the outcome of which will be important for all interested parties.  The SFA Board is expected to meet before 1st April - date not yet announced.

The PWG is apparently meeting on Monday 11th March, the outcome of which will be important for all interested parties.  The SFA Board is expected to meet before 1st April - date not yet announced.

Am I correct in thinking that the SFA board need to meet to approve the applications before the end of March or Clubs like Bonnyrigg won’t be eligible for promotion despite having done the work?

I understand the meeting was cancelled for an extremely good reason but if it’s not rearranged in time that it stops teams getting promoted who in good faith have joined the pyramid and done the work then that would be a real slap in the face to these teams and show what an amateur organisation the SFA are.

Hopefully it’s done in time otherwise it’s shockingly bad organisation.

4 minutes ago, San Starko Rover said:

Am I correct in thinking that the SFA board need to meet to approve the applications before the end of March or Clubs like Bonnyrigg won’t be eligible for promotion despite having done the work?

I understand the meeting was cancelled for an extremely good reason but if it’s not rearranged in time that it stops teams getting promoted who in good faith have joined the pyramid and done the work then that would be a real slap in the face to these teams and show what an amateur organisation the SFA are.

Hopefully it’s done in time otherwise it’s shockingly bad organisation.

I'm lead to believe that Maxwell wasn't even aware of the 31st March deadline. Nothing should surprise me anymore.

I'm lead to believe that Maxwell wasn't even aware of the 31st March deadline. Nothing should surprise me anymore.

How did he become CEO was it a prize in his cornflakes? I know he’s admitted his understanding of the non league game isn’t great but he must have someone in the SFA who could give him a brief overview.

1 minute ago, Vollyman said:

And your asking junior teams to join this shambles

I'm not sure Junior teams need to worry about LL deadlines at the moment.  It'll all be sorted by the time a few more join the EoS.

Cracking result today for Armadale, getting a draw against a team eight places below you in the league. [emoji4]

That’s all they needed to advance to the next stage of the competition forgot your fannyitis medication again

Last season's exodus from the East Juniors meant that, for the first time in a looooong time, maybe ever, there were more senior clubs than junior.

At the start of the season there were 130 clubs in the pyramid, and 131 in the juniors.

Glenrothes' defection puts the pyramid ahead for the very first time.