Pyramid 2019/2020

21 hours ago, Kilbowie Benches said:

An away game?

How are we responsible for Hurlford having virtually no support?

Everybody knows Hurlford is a tiny place and that they’d be bottom feeders if it wasn’t for Tarmac mans cash.

Why do you keep insulting other clubs? No wonder clydebank are so disliked.

Why do you keep insulting other clubs? No wonder clydebank are so disliked.

Agree, it doesnt look good when we’ve got fans slagging off other clubs for no reason. :( look I disagree with how some football clubs are financed, more from a perspective that when the money disappears it puts the future of the clubs at risk, but how clubs are funded etc is more up to them.

Think some people need a reality check on what is a realistic crowd for Scottish teams at tear 5 -7 who will all be differnt sizes of clubs.

Going down to level 5-7 in Simler size countrys and i'll imgine the attendances will be around the same.

Edited by bookerman

This whole attendances thing is a bit 'tallest pygmy'. It's all relative. For most Scottish football fans any crowd under a few hundred is a bit of a joke. Our leagues draw over 3 million each season but the country next door regards that as Mickey Mouse. We all get to choose what level we prefer but it doesn't mean we're right.

2 hours ago, bookerman said:

Think some people need a reality check on what is a realistic crowd for Scottish teams at tear 5 -7 who will all be differnt sizes of clubs.

Going down to level 5-7 in Simler size countrys and i'll imgine the attendances will be around the same.

Your right and to take it further as a particular club goes up and down the tiers has a big effect as well. 

For example the avg league attendance for my club (East Stirlingshire) was 450 in 3rd Division in 2008/09  and now 10 years later and 1 tier below its approx 300 less.

2 hours ago, bookerman said:

As a comparison, the team in the town I grew up play in the 5th tier of Dutch football and attract attendances of roughly 500, it's seen as one of the biggest (if not the biggest) clubs on that level in terms of attendances & membership and well above the average of the level on both counts. Various 5th tier and lower clubs like Kelty, Cove, Bonnyrigg, Linlithgow etc. would also be seen as bigger teams for Dutch 5th tier & lower standards. Considering The Netherlands has a population over triple the size of Scotland, Scotland don't do bad at all in comparison.

It's easy to snapshot this year in isolation and contrast previous EoS clubs to East Juniors.

Look forward and in a year no one will be expecting EoS Premier and EoS First clubs to have similar attendances.

In the same way you can look back as well. The EoS hasn't existed in a vacuum the past 5-6 years. It's bigger clubs that can regularly pull three figure crowds joined the Lowland League. 

Then there have been clubs that have struggled in that same timeframe, which will partly be due to relatively low attendances. Kelso & Duns folded, Craigroyston & Easthouses felt junior football was the better situation for them. Even now Leith & Craigroyston are talking about a potential merger.

4 hours ago, GordonS said:

For context, there were 323 at Berwick v Annan last night in L2, and 219 at Stranraer v Stenhousemuir in L1. We're doing alright.

I wonder what auld heed thinks aboot this. I just don't get the fascination wi crowds at all. This is the top tier of Scottish fitba. Should we have regional fitba :lol:

20190227_212247.jpg

Crowd wanks are the worst and frankly laughable by teams outside the big few. It doesn’t matter if a team gets 5, 50, 500, 5000 or 50,000 fans at games as long as the team lives within its means. Teams with huge fan bases have bankrupted themselves by over spending while teams who barely have more fans than players have been around for decades surely that’s the point of a pyramid clubs can rise and fall as their fan base and finances dictate to find their appropriate level.

15 hours ago, newcastle broon said:

I wonder what auld heed thinks aboot this. I just don't get the fascination wi crowds at all. This is the top tier of Scottish fitba. Should we have regional fitba :lol:

20190227_212247.jpg

I seen on league 2 forum. Albion vs Berwick is this weekend but had to laugh at the guy who said hopefully they beat east kilbride don't like teams with no fans but loads of money. 

Clearly better with a team with nae fans and nae money

Not EOS but has anything more been heard on the return of Third Lanark? I recall them having plans to try and turn the new Amateur team into a senior team with plans for a stadium. Did it all fall through?

seemingly a done up Cathkin Park was the plan

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/scottish-news/reborn-third-lanark-unveil-5million-10235432

The club are going in a positive direction as they moved this season from the Greater Glagow amateur League to the Central Scottish Amateur Football League (regarded as one of the strongest amateur leagues). Also have a youth setup. Being realistic I don't see them returning to semi pro level anytime soon for a variety of reasons.

seemingly a done up Cathkin Park was the plan

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/scottish-news/reborn-third-lanark-unveil-5million-10235432

The club are going in a positive direction as they moved this season from the Greater Glagow amateur League to the Central Scottish Amateur Football League (regarded as one of the strongest amateur leagues). Also have a youth setup. Being realistic I don't see them returning to semi pro level anytime soon for a variety of reasons.

That’s the one, thanks for the info GNU_Linux. Sad story in Scottish football history. I guess if they returned it would be nice but it’s been that long what fans they had most are no longer with us.

That’s the one, thanks for the info GNU_Linux. Sad story in Scottish football history. I guess if they returned it would be nice but it’s been that long what fans they had most are no longer with us.

That plus Pollok are on their door step (story goes a fair few hi hi's started following Pollok). Queens Park are in the vicinity too. I do wish them all the best and as pointed out the clubs going in a good direction.

As a side note Third dying actually seemingly done wonders for Pollok. Prio to it Pollok were a bang average Glasgow junior outfit who'd only won a few cups. Interesting to think if Pollok would've achieved what they have if the hi hi's were still about.

On 28/02/2019 at 22:30, San Starko Rover said:

Not EOS but has anything more been heard on the return of Third Lanark? I recall them having plans to try and turn the new Amateur team into a senior team with plans for a stadium. Did it all fall through?

Third Lanark released a press statement a year or two ago, saying that their aim was to join the Juniors in the not too distant future.