Pyramid 2019/2020

6 hours ago, Robert James said:

Having decided the play-off dates,  and made the draw, it has to be assumed that some of the other named (predicted) clubs will be licensed beforehand.  Otherwise there will be no play-offs ! 

The play-offs have nothing to do with licensing. If we don't have play-offs, we won't know who won the East of Scotland Football League 2018-19!

Licensing is only relevant to promotion.

7 hours ago, lowenan said:

You still need a 6th placed team.

However, if the SOS champion was licensed, and WW was relegated, or they elected Talbot as the 16th team, and WW was relegated, then you would only need the top in the EOS conferences to make the EOS Premier.

I had already corrected myself.

6 hours ago, GordonS said:

The play-offs have nothing to do with licensing. If we don't have play-offs, we won't know who won the East of Scotland Football League 2018-19!

And an unlicensed team would want to win the EoS Championship as it would guarantee Scottish Cup entry for 2019-20.

12 minutes ago, superbigal said:

What's the situation if 2 of the 3 are licensed but the 3rd wins the "title"

Does that mean no eos team progresses to play-off for lowland?

Painfull for eos imo if correct

No licensed EoS Champion means no Lowland League play-off.

Could give added importance to finishing 2nd in the EoS Championship play-off. As they would hopefully be the ones selected to fill any Lowland League vacancy.

Next PWG meeting on the 11th March as per someone on pyramid thread in the junior forum
Would be factually appropriate to establish if it is the sub group pwg representing Lower that is meeting again. The actual pwg appears to be dormant.

6 hours ago, GordonS said:

Yes I agree, as the play-offs will decide who are EoS champions.

My reference to licensing is that I assume the overall aim of the champions is to gain promotion to the Lowland League. But still no confirmation of the date when the dozen licence applicants from the EoS will be notified of their success or rejection. If the latter, there is an appeal right. Based upon the time taken to carry out the licensing audits for the clubs concerned, it is questionable whether this process will be completed very quickly. This could compromise the EoS promotion situation, as we enter March next week. Hopefully not !

Burnie just another devils advocate point.

I wonder if the sub group keeps referring to the Lower Play-off, Lower rules for a specific reason ?

They specifically do not call it the lowland.

Perhaps this does differentiate "areas" to accommodate Tayside.

Lower has certainly never been defined as it is a new word in the pyramid context afaik

Seems a reasonable explanation unless anyone know otherwise.

If the champion isn’t licensed, they could also promote a non-EOS team. Let’s say if Pollok applied and got licensed in time.
as it stands non-pyramid clubs can't gain a license. Auchinleck were going to pursue getting one but were told to join the SOSL in order to meet the pyramid criteria.

Just now, GNU_Linux said:
6 minutes ago, lowenan said:
If the champion isn’t licensed, they could also promote a non-EOS team. Let’s say if Pollok applied and got licensed in time.

as it stands non-pyramid clubs can't gain a license. Auchinleck were going to pursue getting one but were told to join the SOSL in order to meet the pyramid criteria.

It was reported following the West Region meeting the other week,  that a club had applied for a license.

8 hours ago, lowenan said:

You still need a 6th placed team.

However, if the SOS champion was licensed, and WW was relegated, or they elected Talbot as the 16th team, and WW was relegated, then you would only need the top five in the EOS conferences to make the EOS Premier.

Looking at the current SoSL table, only Stranraer Reserves or Bonnyton can realistically be champions this season.

Stranraer Reserves are not eligible for promotion .  However Bonnyton could be, if they have submitted a licensing application, and win the league.  Another reason why it is important to know the outcome of the licensing applications asap.

It was an absolute pleasure to meet @locheeboy at Troon today. Good to hear his side of the story, discussing things face to face is always better than on the internet. What he said and the minutes that @superbigal posted on here earlier were definitely interesting for me. All I will say on here now is that I hope sooner rather than later there will be an official statement on where the talks are now and what has (and hasn't) been agreed. An official statement will at least make clear what we are actually talking about now. That is my main criticism at the SFA in this, more transparency is needed imo.

All this bickering on here doesn't help either. Junior or senior, I've met committee members at various clubs who are passionate about their club and work hard, on either side of the "divide" there are well run community clubs. Today was another example with meeting Larry & getting a great impression of Troon. These clubs and their volunteers get my respect, regardless of where I and they stand on "politics" in the game and the decisions of those clubs on their own future.

21 minutes ago, Marten said:

It was an absolute pleasure to meet @locheeboy at Troon today. Good to hear his side of the story, discussing things face to face is always better than on the internet. What he said and the minutes that @superbigal posted on here earlier were definitely interesting for me. All I will say on here now is that I hope sooner rather than later there will be an official statement on where the talks are now and what has (and hasn't) been agreed. An official statement will at least make clear what we are actually talking about now. That is my main criticism at the SFA in this, more transparency is needed imo.

All this bickering on here doesn't help either. Junior or senior, I've met committee members at various clubs who are passionate about their club and work hard, on either side of the "divide" there are well run community clubs. Today was another example with meeting Larry & getting a great impression of Troon. These clubs and their volunteers get my respect, regardless of where I and they stand on "politics" in the game and the decisions of those clubs on their own future.

Their is no excuse for having two leagues covering the same area. Larrys got a problem where his club are in a grey area

Their is no excuse for having two leagues covering the same area. Larrys got a problem where his club are in a grey area

In fairness to our friendly Lochee member his team are in the worst place (insert Dundee Joke here). With the HL / LL boundary being the Tay bridge his and other clubs In the area are a bit in limbo.

West Juniors are sorted and could form a WOS anytime they want East Juniors are obviously the problem. The East teams in Fife and Lothians can obviously go EOS but with the Highland league allegedly reluctant to open their door (it has been their MO in the past) and the Northern Juniors seemingly happy to stay outside in the immediate future we’re left with a problem.

Tayside League is an option but it’s not going to be great for Lochee United if they’re playing miss matches against poor teams. Merging with the North Juniors is another option but is there any desire from the North Juniors to do this? Both options need the HL to play nice too.

As always the whole thing is a mess thanks to the SFA who’ve let this drag on for years instead of bringing all leagues and bodies to the table and finding a solution. I think the only real decision they’ve made is the HL / LL boundary which causes most of the problems.

7 hours ago, Blowin In the Wind said:

Linlithgow are already licensed 

Personally I just hope that whoever wins the EoS is licensed and able to go up. Right now it's clear a significant number of EoS teams are better than much of the LL.

At the current rate of one potential promotion place, it's going to take years to balance things out. That's before even considering any west juniors joining the Pyramid.

Ideally two up two down for licensed teams should be part of the current PWG discussions. Anyone know if this is the case?

Edited by Cameron Wilson