Pyramid 2019/2020

2 hours ago, Burnie_man said:

Will any of them be Licenced by 31st March, that's the big question.

Surely the licensing decisions MUST be announced very soon. As it stands from the above forecasts, as to  which 3 conference winners will participate in the play-offs, it needs to be remembered that  Linlithgow Rose is the only potential conference winner, which holds an SFA Licence.

Having decided the play-off dates,  and made the draw, it has to be assumed that some of the other named (predicted) clubs will be licensed beforehand.  Otherwise there will be no play-offs ! 

Current Licensing applications had to be submitted before 1st January this year, and I understand, inspections were taking place prior to this date. Next Friday it will be 1st March.  Why is this process taking so long ?

41 minutes ago, PastyMan said:

Of course that makes sense .... as it would to determine the "champion" 6th place though, especially as it does have something riding on it.

If the following happens there's no need for a 6th Placed team. Which is probably the main reason there isn't a play-off.

• Highland League Champion Promoted/Albion Rovers Relegated.
  • LL re-instate any relegated club
  • EoS Champion is unlicensed.

3 minutes ago, Robert James said:

Surely the licensing decisions MUST be announced very soon. As it stands from the above forecasts, as to  which 3 conference winners will participate in the play-offs, it needs to be remembered that  Linlithgow Rose is the only potential conference winner, which holds an SFA Licence.

Having decided the play-off dates,  and made the draw, it has to be assumed that some of the other named (predicted) clubs will be licensed beforehand.  Otherwise there will be no play-offs ! 

Current Licensing applications had to be submitted before 1st January this year, and I understand, inspections were taking place prior to this date. Next Friday it will be 1st March.  Why is this process taking so long ?

Still a month left.  Not time to panic yet.

1 minute ago, Robert James said:

There's still going to be a play-off as they want an overall EoS Champion.

9 minutes ago, FairWeatherFan said:

If the following happens there's no need for a 6th Placed team. Which is probably the main reason there isn't a play-off.

Thanks FairWeatherFan

In that instance the new Premier Division would be made up of the 3 * Top 5s, who would be the 16th team?

Just now, PastyMan said:

Thanks FairWeatherFan

In that instance the new Premier Division would be made up of the 3 * Top 5s, who would be the 16th team?

Ah Shit! That doesn't really apply anymore with Selkirk going bust :whistle

That was the basic reason at the start of the season as LL16 could be relegated to the EoS, which would take the EoS Premier to 16 clubs.

Even with Selkirk going bust, there's still this possibility where no 6th placed clubs would be needed.

• Highland League Champion Promoted/Albion Rovers relegated to the Lowland League.
  • An unlicensed EoS Champion
  • A licensed SoS Champion or non EoS licensed club accepted to the Lowland League
  • Whitehill Welfare are relegated to the EoS.

2 minutes ago, FairWeatherFan said:

Ah Shit! That doesn't really apply anymore with Selkirk going bust :whistle

That was the basic reason at the start of the season as LL16 could be relegated to the EoS, which would take the EoS Premier to 16 clubs.

Even with Selkirk going bust, there's still this possibility where no 6th placed clubs would be needed.

• Highland League Champion Promoted/Albion Rovers relegated to the Lowland League.
  • An unlicensed EoS Champion
  • A licensed SoS Champion or non EoS licensed club accepted to the Lowland League
  • Whitehill Welfare are relegated to the EoS.

I like those odds! :thumsup2 Come on the 6th place play off!!! :lol:

3 minutes ago, AlanCamelonfan said:

Their will be a 6th place team since Selkirk went bust and highey unlikely all of the scenarios would happen

I'm not saying there won't be. Just that they never planned for a 6th Placed Playoff because they wouldn't know if any would be required until the very end of the season.

3 minutes ago, FairWeatherFan said:

The basic point :)

Is that they won't know if a 6th placed side will be needed until after the EoS Championship playoff, or any EoS/SoS Promotion playoff, and potentially any Lowland League membership vote.

That's a fair point, thanks for your patience

I was just attracted by the format of the Champion play off and the fact that all three 6th place teams would be unlikely to have any other commitments ... and otherwise the season doesn't half finish early!

1 minute ago, PastyMan said:

I was just attracted by the format of the Champion play off and the fact that all three 6th place teams would be unlikely to have any other commitments ... and otherwise the season doesn't half finish early!

Should have play offs for the 13 positions for 39 clubs

Just now, PastyMan said:

I was the same at the start of the season. I didn't think it was fair to miss out on the EoS Premier by such a slim margin. However, it was pointed out to me that any playoff might be redundant or have to happen weeks after the season had ended. So I saw why they never did it.

42 minutes ago, PastyMan said:

Just the way it's worked out. However Conference B has a round of games for those below Bonnyrigg on 27th April, and if there's any postponements for teams not fighting for the title in the other conferences they might be scheduled for that date as well. Last season eight games were played in the two weeks after the title decider.

Plus there's still plenty of cup action, though admittedly the weaker teams are not likely to be in the later rounds.

13 hours ago, FairWeatherFan said:

You still need a 6th placed team.

However, if the SOS champion was licensed, and WW was relegated, or they elected Talbot as the 16th team, and WW was relegated, then you would only need the top five in the EOS conferences to make the EOS Premier.

Edited by lowenan