Pyramid 2019/2020

1 minute ago, Jack Burton said:
17 minutes ago, Burnie_man said:
I'll continue to post as I have always done thanks, if you want to contribute feel free

I already have but like many posts it's lost in amongst page after page of the two of you slinging mud at each other.

I try to avoid his nonsense to be fair as he is just here to de-rail the chat and troll the thread,   but sometimes you have to challenge it and I don't sling mud.

12 hours ago, falkirktv said:

Got no problem with that Larry, all the best for the weekend.

12 hours ago, Kilbowie Benches said:

Cracking set up down at Troon,brilliant pies too!

I'm looking forward to going to Troon tomorrow. It's always better to just watch football rather than endless discussions about it. :) 

1 hour ago, AlanCamelonfan said:

I see the draw has been made for eosfl championship playoff

Saturday 27th April  A vs C

Tuesday 30th april/wed 1st may B vs A

Saturday 3rd may C vs B

So at the moment this would translate as:

Saturday 27 April : Penicuik Athletic v Broxburn Athletic

Tuesday 30 April or Wednesday 1 May : Bonnyrigg Rose v Penicuik Athletic

Saturday 3 May : Broxburn Athletic v Bonnyrigg Rose

But if Linlithgow Rose can overturn Broxburn in Conference C we would have one hell of a match to watch on 3rd May.

25 minutes ago, Pyramidic said:

So at the moment this would translate as:

Saturday 27 April : Penicuik Athletic v Broxburn Athletic

Tuesday 30 April or Wednesday 1 May : Bonnyrigg Rose v Penicuik Athletic

Saturday 3 May : Broxburn Athletic v Bonnyrigg Rose

But if Linlithgow Rose can overturn Broxburn in Conference C we would have one hell of a match to watch on 3rd May.

I think Hill of Beath are still very much in the running.  So it looks like each team has a home game and an away game with penalties giving an extra point if it ends in a draw. Should be 3 cracking games.

What an exciting play off scenario , 

Will be there for this and would expect record crowds as well  

Excellently run League and topped off with a great finish to the season

ps

I forecast Bonnyrigg to win all matches 

17 hours ago, Jack Burton said:
17 hours ago, Burnie_man said:
I'll continue to post as I have always done thanks, if you want to contribute feel free

I already have but like many posts it's lost in amongst page after page of the two of you slinging mud at each other.

This. A million times this.

7 hours ago, AlanCamelonfan said:

Saturday 3rd may C vs B

Conference C gets the plumb draw there, games on the Saturday and at home to Bonnyrigg. Conference A gets the worst, running straight into the play-offs, away at Bonnyrigg and leaving the other two knowing what they need on the last day.

Desperately hoping to see my team in it, but if it doesn't happen then the EOS Premier will be a cracking league next season anyway.

42 minutes ago, GordonS said:

Conference C gets the plumb draw there, games on the Saturday and at home to Bonnyrigg. Conference A gets the worst, running straight into the play-offs, away at Bonnyrigg and leaving the other two knowing what they need on the last day.

Desperately hoping to see my team in it, but if it doesn't happen then the EOS Premier will be a cracking league next season anyway.

For a 3 way play-off I've seen set-ups like this:

Game 1: Team A v Team B

If Team A win game 1:
Game 2: Team B v Team C
Game 3: Team C v Team A

If Team B win game 1 or the game is drawn:
Game 2: Team C v Team A
Game 3: Team B v Team C

As in a 3 way playoff for 1 spot the loser of the first game is often more or less out anyway, letting them play in the 2nd game reduces the chance of a team having to wait for the outcome of game 3 to find out whether or not they've won the PO. Obviously if the loser of the first game win the second, they still have to play the waiting game, but if they don't the 3rd game is a direct duel to win the whole thing. Downside is that team C will only find out shortly before their first game in what order they have to play the 2 games.

2 minutes ago, Marten said:

For a 3 way play-off I've seen set-ups like this:

Game 1: Team A v Team B

If Team A win game 1:
Game 2: Team B v Team C
Game 3: Team C v Team A

If Team B win game 1 or the game is drawn:
Game 2: Team C v Team A
Game 3: Team B v Team C

As in a 3 way playoff for 1 spot the loser of the first game is often more or less out anyway, letting them play in the 2nd game reduces the chance of a team having to wait for the outcome of game 3 to find out whether or not they've won the PO. Obviously if the loser of the first game win the second, they still have to play the waiting game, but if they don't the 3rd game is a direct duel to win the whole thing. Downside is that team C will only find out shortly before their first game in what order they have to play the 2 games.

That has more sporting integrity, but I think in a football context I prefer compromising that a little so that clubs have more than 4 days notice of whether they'll be at home or away. These matches will draw big crowds and there's a lot of planning, sponsorship and hospitality to consider, all done by volunteers.

12 minutes ago, GordonS said:

That has more sporting integrity, but I think in a football context I prefer compromising that a little so that clubs have more than 4 days notice of whether they'll be at home or away. These matches will draw big crowds and there's a lot of planning, sponsorship and hospitality to consider, all done by volunteers.

Fair enough, this is only a one off situation anyway so I get your point.

2 hours ago, GordonS said:

Bonnyrigg are nothing to worry about. All done and dusted by the end of April.

11 hours ago, AlanCamelonfan said:

Saturday 3rd may C vs B

Wonder why the round robin approach isn't used for determining the "winning" 6th placed team? Clearly the same dates would be available