Pyramid 2019/2020

So no need for me to read Larry's minutes as factually he has not told any lies as far as I can tell.
Until there is in writing the ersjfa are not in the lowland feeder at tier 6 then tbh the only conclusion for now is they are.
My scenario that Brechin vics could be in the lowland league while Brechin city are in the highland league is completely feasible.
Likewise Lochee utd in the lowland league while Dundee utd in the highland league.

This is all nonsence of course but is the sfa official current position

Wait, so if I said I was shagging Kylie Minogue, if it's not in writing anywhere that I'm not the only conclusion is that I am? Even though all logic would say I'm not? And that we haven't been photographed in public together?

43 minutes ago, Salvo Montalbano said:

Wait, so if I said I was shagging Kylie Minogue, if it's not in writing anywhere that I'm not the only conclusion is that I am? Even though all logic would say I'm not? And that we haven't been photographed in public together?

You've got to ask yourself, is arguing with someone who spells nonsense with a C really the best use of your time?

(I know, I often get drawn in too.)

Clydebank supporter trying to have a crowd w**k [emoji23]

Of all the clubs as well.

Clydebank has had four attempts at a football club. One of which is now Airdrie, another of which merged with East Stirling. You'd think if anyone understood starting out it would be a Clydebank fan.

FWIW I'm not a fan of BSC Glasgow playing their home games so far away. But criticising a club for being new and small is ridiculous. Everyone started somewhere - in Clydebank's case, on four separate occasions. 

14 hours ago, Kilbowie Benches said:

But Bankies supporters are very real whereas BSC fans are pure fiction.

So when I attended the South region challenge cup final last season and I saw a fair number of people cheering for BSC's goal, I was dreaming? :blink:

2 hours ago, Marten said:

So when I attended the South region challenge cup final last season and I saw a fair number of people cheering for BSC's goal, I was dreaming? :blink:

Hence my response earlier. It is one of the last, straw clutching arguments, that some use to either try (and fail most times) to further their argument or make themselves feel better about wearing the 'junior' badge. 

What they fail to do is provide any evidence to support their argument. Other than we have our own ground..... Which, some junior clubs actually don't (Clydebank being one) and we get a big crowd...... Which is great for the clubs, but ultimately does not mean a club is bigger or better than anyone else.... It's a false argument to make. 

What determines how good a club is is the level of league it plays in..... If it is licensed and runs properly off the park. Edinburgh City for example..... Some junior fans downplayed them when they were LL and daring to dream..... Look at them now..... Where would you rather be? I'd take Edinburgh city's position every week, with a lower crowd  :-) 

Edited by Guest

What they fail to do is provide any evidence to support their argument. Other than we have our own ground..... Which, some junior clubs actually don't (Clydebank being one) and we get a big crowd...... Which is great for the clubs, but ultimately does not mean a club is bigger or better than anyone else.... It's a false argument to make. 

You must have missed the hundreds of posts on the holm park renovations and the long term plans for licensing.

1 hour ago, G4Mac said:

Hence my response earlier. It is one of the last, straw clutching arguments, that some use to either try (and fail most times) to further their argument or make themselves feel better about wearing the 'junior' badge. 

What determines how good a club is is the level of league it plays in..... If it is licensed and runs properly off the park. Edinburgh City for example..... Some junior fans downplayed them when they were LL and daring to dream..... Look at them now..... Where would you rather be? I'd take Edinburgh city's position every week, with a lower crowd  :-) 

What we don't need in here is fans continually deriding other clubs. Take BSC Glasgow, yes, you can criticise them for playing so far away from their home. However, it's a proper community club, they've got loads of teams and multiple sports. Only the first men's team play far away from their home. Pretty much all other teams play in their community, for which they do a lot. I will always respect decent community clubs run by hard-working volunteers. Criticism of certain aspects/decisions of the clubs is fine, but the way how people talk about certain clubs like them is just not right.

Same with junior clubs btw, I've seen some comments towards the likes of Fauldhouse that are not helpful either. I also disagree with them not just moving to the EOS, but I do still respect the club and the people running it.

Im not a fan of BSC nor Edusports ground situation but at the end of the day both clubs have shown themselves to be competently run clubs at the top tier of non-league. Both clubs serve a community of sorts whether that be Broomhill & nearby areas or giving oppertunities & education to young French players (more esoteric definition of community granted). They got in because the junior game buried its head in the sand in regards to the pyramid & they've taken advantage of the oppertunity to take part in the semi-pro game. In time hopefully BSC find a home ground somewhere in the west end & Edusport return 'home' to Lanarkshire which plans suggest Edusport intend to do.

1 hour ago, GNU_Linux said:

Im not a fan of BSC nor Edusports ground situation but at the end of the day both clubs have shown themselves to be competently run clubs at the top tier of non-league. Both clubs serve a community of sorts whether that be Broomhill & nearby areas or giving oppertunities & education to young French players (more esoteric definition of community granted). They got in because the junior game buried its head in the sand in regards to the pyramid & they've taken advantage of the oppertunity to take part in the semi-pro game. In time hopefully BSC find a home ground somewhere in the west end & Edusport return 'home' to Lanarkshire which plans suggest Edusport intend to do.

Agreed, the hatred towards BSC/Edusport is largely sour grapes imo. When the LL got introduced, the SJFA were in a perfect position to just takeover tier 6 of the pyramid and below. They would probably have swallowed up the EOS & SOS in the process. Had that happened, BSC & Edusport would have had a much tougher route to get to where they are. They had a chance to get to the LL quickly due to the non-participation of the juniors in the pyramid. Love or hate them, they played by the rules and thus deserve to be where they are. You can't blame them for moving above teams that are not (currently) in the pyramid anyway. If the juniors come in now, they will come in below BSC & Edusport and rightly so.

Edited by Marten

9 minutes ago, Marten said:

Agreed, the hatred towards BSC/Edusport is largely sour grapes imo. When the LL got introduced, the SJFA were in a perfect position to just takeover tier 6 of the pyramid and below. They would probably have swallowed up the EOS & SOS in the process. Had that happened, BSC & Edusport would have had a much tougher route to get to where they are. They had a chance to get to the LL quickly due to the non-participation of the juniors in the pyramid. Love or hate them, they played by the rules and thus deserve to be where they are. You can't blame them for moving above teams that are not (currently) in the pyramid anyway. If the juniors come in now, they will come in below BSC & Edusport and rightly so.

Edusport are an abomination.  At least BSC are a proper community football club (albeit one with a ground situation that IMO should not be allowed).

1 hour ago, Burnie_man said:

Edusport are an abomination.  At least BSC are a proper community football club (albeit one with a ground situation that IMO should not be allowed).

Agreed.  I don't think it's sour grapes.  I think people object fairly to teams like Edusport.  BSC would be better if they could get a ground in Glasgow but Edusport are a bit of a joke no matter where they play in my opinion. 

Well I now have access to the following documents. I believe 2 of them have been "published" on here already.

Email 25th October from Ian Maxwell 16.18 gmt

Board Meeting Notes EOSFL 25th October 19.00 to 21.30 gmt

Minutes Sub Group Pyramid Working Group 14th November

Minutes Sub Group Pyramid Working Group 9th January.

Will chew over them before passing comment or copying in full.

What I immediately find most interesting is that the complaints on the January minutes that the November minutes had not been circulated.

Particularly because the EOS were apparently not agreeing with the directive in the October email from Ian Maxwell

This is  slightly odd, in light of the opening paragraph in the November minutes, which I will print immediately. It certainly does not show any Eos objection at that time. Forgive me for bolding a few words.

Ian Maxwell welcoming everyone to the first sub-group meeting of the Pyramid Working Group. He confirmed that the Pyramid Working Group had previously discussed the structure and agreed the implementation of the proposed changes for season 2019/20

The other immediate standout, is the apparent what I would call fundamental understanding foul up or difference of opinion by the EOS representatives in the January minutes, where the objections do officially appear for the 1st time. To me this smacks of some old clueless duffer. Of course I could be completely wrong and apologies if said gentleman is not an old fogy.

Andrew Renwick (Vice President EOS) mentioned that the contentious matter was Tayside. That would be where the EOS would object. 

John Greenhorn (Secretary EOS) clarified that rather than Tayside, another East League would be the issue.

This is where Tom Johnston does come steaming in telling them that they are "going over old ground"

The  Eos then declare they will have objections.

Laura Dougan then tells everone in effect to pull their finger out with any "concerns" so as to not delay the process.

Tom Johnston then apparently tells Ian Maxwell to get the SFA board to issue the statement that he  believes should have been published shortly after October.

This apparently is due to the issues now being raised by the EOS which could in effect cause an issue with the PWG complying with the SFA board directive.

I do not want to cherry pick what I print but I do have to say the EOS input is not particularly consistent, and they appear to be asleep on the job in November.

The EOS minutes in October suggested they would be indeed pushing their own arguments at the November PWG meeting. The reality is there are no objections certainly in print.

Those EOS minutes in October do also back up the old duffer theory because they do state that the PWG had agreed to the formation of 2 additional Tier 6 leagues. One of which being a Tayside league.  I really cannot see anywhere where they came up with this. And for Andrew Renwick to still have this in his head 3 months later in January and be corrected by his own secretary is plain odd.

Before anyone has a pop at me I am not in either camp.  I just want the best for Scottish Non League. Just does not look particularly good on paper for certain representatives.

I also did hear today that the SFA statement is actually at long last imminent.

Should be interesting.

Edited by superbigal