Pyramid 2019/2020

To me it looks like SJFA want 3 different things and not up for negotiating.
1. WRJFA to come in as one and play as tier 6 and below still administered by them
2.ERJFA to come in level with EOS
3.NRJFA eh we forgot about them but they are no interested in joining pyramid so they can dad along.

Absolutely bonkers if one man has that much power to push this through.

5 hours ago, Burnie_man said:

GF asked TJ if there was any feedback from SJFA clubs on the floodlight issue. TJ stated there was none at all. He said that the SJFA clubs have always known they would need floodlights to progress.

Apparently the junior clubs have always known that floodlights would need to be needed, even though they only became a licensing requirement in January 2019.

I wonder if the SJFA ever bothered to pass on the information that floodlights were about to become a requirement for licensing, and that they should get their applications in before December 31st 2018. You know, like the EoS did.

2 hours ago, Robert James said:

It could be resolved officially,  even if not resolved amicably (few things are these days !), if the SFA,  at its 2019 AGM, or at an EGM,  considered a motion to the  existing Member clubs, that :

* either the Highland/Lowland boundary remains unchanged THROUGHOUT the Pyramid ?

* of that the boundary should be moved to an alternative 'latitude' (location) THROUGHOUT the pyramid ?

This would then avoid ongoing (boundary) confusion, future inconsistency, and unnecessary friction between warring junior/senior factions, and leagues .  

Can I imagine this ? Not at present. However it would become a live issue if for example Arbroath, Forfar, Brechin or Montrose find themselves relegated from the SPFL, and there has already been a unilateral variation of the "boundary" without due process having been followed. 

Therefore, my advice to the "decision makers" is do not agree a short term solution for expediency reasons, which would come back to haunt  them, the clubs, and the Pyramid itself,  in years to come.   It would very likely end in litigation. 

No reply KB ?

Does this mean you agree with my views ?

2 hours ago, Burnie_man said:

You understand the objections, same as 10 months ago. Great, thanks.

Burnie_man : any thoughts on my post  above please ?

2 hours ago, G4Mac said:

Have you attended any LL game between these two clubs or between these two clubs and any other? 

Do you have first hand knowledge of how they operate and how many players play under each clubs banner? 

You do realise that both clubs are fully licensed which means they have met the criteria outlined to play at tier 5?

If you had any knowledge of any of the above and were able to remove yourself from the posts about a fan base level, you might realise that both clubs operate at a very good level and are more than just the stadiums they share.... In short you are being a tad disrespectful to both. (and yes I do actually have 2.5 years of working knowledge if one of the clubs you named.......) 

I know that BSC aren’t a real football club.

23 minutes ago, Robert James said:

Burnie_man : any thoughts on my post  above please ?

It wont happen.

What you need to realise is that  change doesn't happen very easily in Scottish football, so sweeping changes are just not going to happen.  I'd also point out that the boundary line is probably an SPFL issue and not an SFA one, or at the very least would require the agreement of the SPFL (and the HL and the LL).  There's doesn't apear to be any appetite for it.

My best guess on this is that in order to move things forward, the Junior leagues need to get round the PWG table, not TJ, and the ERJFA and EoS need to talk about how to integrate.  The SFA as arbiter need to facilitate this, that is the best long term solution and why Maxwell hasn't yet realised this who knows, maybe his lack of understanding coming into play again.

As things stands, the EoS (and the LL?) will continue to object unless the SJFA compromose on the east which is unlikely. TJ clearly realises this and wants the SFA to force change as he can see this isn't going to all fall into place for next season. However, change cant be forced.

7 hours ago, Burnie_man said:

TJ said that the SJFA has Tayside and West Lothian clubs and he would not be willing to tell them that they had to join the EOS FA to progress. TJ said that the matter had already been agreed by the Scottish FA Board and that AR and JG were going over old ground. The decision has been made at Scottish FA Board level and it has to be agreed how it will work. It cannot be changed or challenged at this stage.

Anyone know how its supposed to work since they've never resolved the HL/LL boundary issue?

2 hours ago, G4Mac said:

Have you attended any LL game between these two clubs or between these two clubs and any other? 

Do you have first hand knowledge of how they operate and how many players play under each clubs banner? 

You do realise that both clubs are fully licensed which means they have met the criteria outlined to play at tier 5?

If you had any knowledge of any of the above and were able to remove yourself from the posts about a fan base level, you might realise that both clubs operate at a very good level and are more than just the stadiums they share.... In short you are being a tad disrespectful to both. (and yes I do actually have 2.5 years of working knowledge if one of the clubs you named.......) 

Ignore him mate. He’s a numpty.

Imagine the crowd at a final between BSC and Cumbernauld Colts :lol:

See if its a crowd of people who love their team and work hard to put on a decent standard of football then who cares? Given our crowds are falling who are we to criticise?
Seriously don’t understand what your angle is here, these are clubs we need to have positive relationships with, why trash them? They don’t impact on our ability to have a team, they dont hurt anyone so why stick the boot in? Seriously mate thats cringey.

2 minutes ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

Seriously? Childish stuff man.

2 minutes ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

Seriously? Childish stuff man.

Comments about David Low aren’t though man 

Ask anyone at Maryhill about the wonderful BSC next time you’re  up there.

Edited by Kilbowie Benches

1 hour ago, Kilbowie Benches said:

I know that BSC aren’t a real football club.

Really? That is your retort........wow. I feel silly now, I think I drastically overestimated your level of functioning. 

Oh well you live and learn I suppose.