Pyramid 2019/2020

23 hours ago, Burnie_man said:

Answer this point specifically.

You understood 10 months ago that the ERJFA and EoS could not operate at the same level in the Pyramid, you even opinioned that the WRJFA would have to slot in underneath if a WoS was formed. The SJFA had their chance and had blown it.

So you understood the dynamics of it and agreed that it couldn't happen. What's changed?

Any chance of answering KB?

2 minutes ago, Burnie_man said:

Any chance of answering KB?

What`s changed is that the SFA are happy to have the ERJFA and EoSL operate at the same level given that there is a hole in the pyramid in Tayside.

They are also happy for the WRJFA to become the west league which even the EoSL don't seem to have a problem with.

Anything else?

1 minute ago, Kilbowie Benches said:

What`s changed is that the SFA are happy to have the ERJFA and EoSL operate at the same level given that there is a hole in the pyramid in Tayside.

They are also happy for the WRJFA to become the west league which even the EoSL don't seem to have a problem with.

Anything else?

Lol thats because sfa don't care

Anything else?

I'm asking why you pretend to not understand why the EoS have objections to the ERJFA, but 10 months ago you did and supported them.

I'm not asking about the SFA.

3 hours ago, Kilbowie Benches said:

If I was an SFA board member and read those minutes would I be keen to give derogation to EoS clubs looking for a license without floodlights hmmm

KB, your question is either a joke,  or a serious comment aimed at hurting the existing senior clubs who have complied with the SFA's Licensing scheme, and are awaiting the outcome.  If the  SFA Board was influenced by your comment, they would be knowingly hitting at fans of the 12-17** licence applicants, who are looking forward to participating in the Scottish Cup in 2019/20.   It could also block promotion from the EoS to the Lowland for next season, and would be open to a legal challenge, with little or no chance of victory for the SFA Board Members.

Posts like this add fuel to the junior/senior fire, at a time when solutions and sensible compromises are needed. 

(Does anyone on here know how many applications were received by the SFA before 1st January 2019 ?)

Just now, Kilbowie Benches said:

They’re not enough to stop the whole process though.

As has been highlighted, agreement is required from all leagues to change the play-off rules, so yes they are.

Has it been clarified what happens to the SJFA position if the NRJFA don't want in?  those minutes I posted earlier showed the HL weren't present and the north wasn't mentioned at all.

The SJFA do not have a mandate to move some Regions into the Pyramid and leave others behind. It's all-in or nobody in as it stands.  Maybe this needs raised at the next PWG.

27 minutes ago, Enigma said:

2ADA721B-8343-416B-B350-FCCA3719895F-41794-000023CC533B85F5.jpg

Can you imagine a world where there’s no distinction between junior and senior clubs and the Tay boundary issue is resolved amicably?

It could be resolved officially,  even if not resolved amicably (few things are these days !), if the SFA,  at its 2019 AGM, or at an EGM,  considered a motion to the  existing Member clubs, that :

* either the Highland/Lowland boundary remains unchanged THROUGHOUT the Pyramid ?

* of that the boundary should be moved to an alternative 'latitude' (location) THROUGHOUT the pyramid ?

This would then avoid ongoing (boundary) confusion, future inconsistency, and unnecessary friction between warring junior/senior factions, and leagues .  

Can I imagine this ? Not at present. However it would become a live issue if for example Arbroath, Forfar, Brechin or Montrose find themselves relegated from the SPFL, and there has already been a unilateral variation of the "boundary" without due process having been followed. 

Therefore, my advice to the "decision makers" is do not agree a short term solution for expediency reasons, which would come back to haunt  them, the clubs, and the Pyramid itself,  in years to come.   It would very likely end in litigation. 

1 hour ago, Kilbowie Benches said:

Imagine the crowd at a final between BSC and Cumbernauld Colts :lol:

Have you attended any LL game between these two clubs or between these two clubs and any other? 

Do you have first hand knowledge of how they operate and how many players play under each clubs banner? 

You do realise that both clubs are fully licensed which means they have met the criteria outlined to play at tier 5?

If you had any knowledge of any of the above and were able to remove yourself from the posts about a fan base level, you might realise that both clubs operate at a very good level and are more than just the stadiums they share.... In short you are being a tad disrespectful to both. (and yes I do actually have 2.5 years of working knowledge if one of the clubs you named.......)