Pyramid 2019/2020

15 minutes ago, Kilbowie Benches said:

It has to be said that the EoS don’t come out of what’s in those minutes very favourably!

I think the SJFA come out by far the worst. They are not looking to solve the HL/LL dividing line at all, just put the juniors at level 6 as is. That only creates more problems, and leaves the country divided. 

1 minute ago, lowenan said:

I think the SJFA come out by far the worst. They are not looking to solve the HL/LL dividing line at all, just put the juniors at level 6 as is. That only creates more problems, and leaves the country divided. 

Thr SJFA aren’t being threatened! 

....IM stated that he felt that there was nothing that could be considered a “show-stopper” and felt the process could be fairly straightforward. He stated that if there was a vote – for the wrong reasons – to stall the process, the Scottish FA Board would consider such action....

5 minutes ago, AlanCamelonfan said:

Are you trying to say these minutes are untrue?

I suspect there are further minutes and notes so I am happy to say hello to Larry.

Lochee catering is fantastic and the weather is set beautiful so no problem.

These are the parts that jump out of the page for me:

...AR asked TJ how the SJFA leagues were run. TJ stated that the leagues dealt with their own administration. AR asked why the SJFA leagues were not represented at this meeting. TJ confirmed that he was the representative...

...IM asked GF to confirm the position with the draft Play Off Rules. GF stated that he would have to get a formal proposal from the working group to proceed. He confirmed that the Play Off Rules need agreement from the East, South, SLFL and the Scottish FA.

RO mentioned that this had not been the case in the past. GF confirmed that all parties must agree to the Play Off Rules. IM stated that if there was an agreement at this working group, then that would be all parties in agreement. JG stated that could not be the case as he would have to run the information past the EOS FA Board first....

....IM stated that he felt that there was nothing that could be considered a “show-stopper” and felt the process could be fairly straightforward. He stated that if there was a vote – for the wrong reasons – to stall the process, the Scottish FA Board would consider such action....

...TJ said that the SJFA has Tayside and West Lothian clubs and he would not be willing to tell them that they had to join the EOS FA to progress. TJ said that the matter had already been agreed by the Scottish FA Board and that AR and JG were going over old ground. The decision has been made at Scottish FA Board level and it has to be agreed how it will work. It cannot be changed or challenged at this stage.

AR declared that there would be objections from the East. IM asked if the fundamental objection was the geography issue. There was a general discussion regarding the 25 clubs leaving the SJFA at the end of Season 2017/2018 and joining the East of Scotland and who was responsible for that. IM stated that consultation was not a one way street and that communication from EOS FA surrounding the process could have been better...

JG asked SB about a proposal he made for a change in the Scottish FA’s Articles. SB confirmed that the proposal had been received and would follow the normal Rules Revision process as Articles could not be changed during the course of the season.

TJ asked IM to alert the Scottish FA Board to the direction of travel as he felt, due to the concerns raised at this meeting, that there could be an issue with the working group being able to comply with a Board directive....

Ian Maxwell is clearly on Tom Johnston's side on most of this, so a lot depends on what the SFA constitution actually says should happen after a "Board directive".  A clearer picture might also emerge if we knew what the EoSFA wants to change in the SFA's Articles.

On the point of the "directive", I very much doubt it dictates the mechanics of how integrating the Juniors would work. That would be left upto the PWG to decide and agree. The directive is probably just the board agreeing that the Juniors can join the Pyramid.

If there are problems, as there clearly are, then these need to be worked through by the PWG to find agreement.

10 minutes ago, Burnie_man said:

On the point of the "directive", I very much doubt it dictates the mechanics of how integrating the Juniors would work. That would be left upto the PWG to decide and agree. The directive is probably just the board agreeing that the Juniors can join the Pyramid.

If there are problems, as there clearly are, then these need to be worked through by the PWG to find agreement.

Speculation your honour....

11 minutes ago, superbigal said:

I suspect there are further minutes and notes so I am happy to say hello to Larry.

Lochee catering is fantastic and the weather is set beautiful so no problem.

You can say what you like juniors still aren't in. That was from the last meeting and quite clearly noone is going to budge so enjoy the juniors 

11 minutes ago, Burnie_man said:

At one point in the minutes Ian Maxwell seems to be threatening to impose a solution if there is a vote to stall the process for the "wrong reasons". We'll find out soon if he is bluffing, if as seems highly likely from those minutes the next PWG meeting reaches an impasse.

Just now, Kilbowie Benches said:

Speculation your honour....

Wait a minute you had done deal and the more and more leaked info suggests otherwise. You may get in but ur not in yet. 

Point of inquiry if wrsjfa said we could go it alone and say thanks tom bit we need to go it alone would you go for it? If not why not and don't give me we are already in when we are not. You'd only lose tj and a name

12 minutes ago, AlanCamelonfan said:

Wait a minute you had done deal and the more and more leaked info suggests otherwise. You may get in but ur not in yet. 

Point of inquiry if wrsjfa said we could go it alone and say thanks tom bit we need to go it alone would you go for it? If not why not and don't give me we are already in when we are not. You'd only lose tj and a name

And entry into the biggest non league trophy in Scotland.

31 minutes ago, Kilbowie Benches said:

Thr SJFA aren’t being threatened! 

....IM stated that he felt that there was nothing that could be considered a “show-stopper” and felt the process could be fairly straightforward. He stated that if there was a vote – for the wrong reasons – to stall the process, the Scottish FA Board would consider such action....

The SJFA have not come up with a proper solution. If at the very least they decided to adjust according to the HL/LL dividing line, that would be progress.

14 minutes ago, LongTimeLurker said:

At one point in the minutes Ian Maxwell seems to be threatening to impose a solution if there is a vote to stall the process for the "wrong reasons". We'll find out soon if he is bluffing, if as seems highly likely from those minutes the next PWG meeting reaches an impasse.

That's an odd one as well, what are the "wrong reasons", it's like Trump declaring a national emergency because he doesn't get his wall.

Not sure what the SFA Board could impose and on whom, the play-off regulations were devised and agreed by the leagues involved and the SFA presumably through agreement and consensus and it's pretty clear that any changes need agreement of those leagues, the LL Chairman confirmed it.  Are the SFA going to force each of the individual leagues to comply with the SFA's wishes, what mechanism is there for them to do this and have they ever imposed a rule change on a member league before? do the SFA board have an appetite for confrontation with member leagues?

All this does is expose Maxwell's (self admitted) lack of knowledge of the non-league game, and how the PWG operates.

5 hours ago, Burnie_man said:
13 hours ago, Robert James said:
With respect, whose funeral was it ?

Was the postponement of the meeting, about respect for the deceased and family/friends, or/and was it about 'convenience', given the 'unresolved issues' set out on this forum.

The PWG needs to meet again as soon as possible, as the clock is running down.

Also, whatever the reason(s) for further delays, clubs need to know if they have/have not been recommended/awarded an entry licence, as quickly as possible, especially if the licence has been refused, or if they are subject to a time limited derogation.

It was the SFA Presidents daughter who, according to press reports, died of cancer at 43 and there was a service yesterday in Aberdeen. I think we can all agree that board meetings play second fiddle in those circumstances.

Unreserved apologies to all concerned. A most dreadful situation for the family.