Pyramid 2019/2020

14 minutes ago, Kilbowie Benches said:

There won’t be an egm.

There will probably be a fans meeting at some point to explain the changes in the pyramid.

I doubt the board will need to explain why we won’t be joining a league at a tier further down the pyramid that is a poorer standard and costs the club a fortune in travel costs.

And if the west region isn't in the pyramid for the 2019/20 season, what then?

19 minutes ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

So the board are just going to go against a decision reached by an egm of the clubs owners and put their faith in something the fans have been told nothing about led by a man who did his utmost to put the club out of business? Aye that’ll go down well.

The board will do what’s best for the club,as always.

35 minutes ago, GNU_Linux said:

If tier 6 was 'assured' why would the EOS at a meeting last week tell its members otherwise? (the poster I'm quoting is involved with Linlithgow Rose in an official capacity)

The EoS are telling their members lies...now I know certain posters will be on here giving me stick about this post but when I am proved correct I would like a wee apology

6 minutes ago, locheeboy said:

The EoS are telling their members lies...now I know certain posters will be on here giving me stick about this post but when I am proved correct I would like a wee apology

Give you an apology? If you are proved correct that EoS officials are telling lies I'll give you a blowjob.

I think most acknowledge that the ERJFA have somehow managed to get in at Tier 6 but let's look at the bigger picture.
1.Yes they may be tier 6 and it looks like 2x Super Leagues of 10 North and South.
2. Both Super League winners plat off for title.
3.Winner of playoff gain entry to Scottish Cup for season 2020/21
4.Winner of playoff plays the EOS winner.

Here's the part that can't happen

4.If the Super League team beat EOS winner it's irrelevant unless the winner is South of the Tay and has a licence which I would think for majority of junior clubs are a fair bit away especially with the floodlights requirement.

So Larry if your end game is for access to the Senior Scottish by winning a junior Super League with no thought of obtaining a licence then yes I agree you have pulled a masterstroke as long as you can win your league and playoff.

16 minutes ago, locheeboy said:

Didn't you tell us yesterday that the SFA Board meeting was on Monday - fact?

If you keep accusing people of lying on a public forum, it doesn't take a rocket scientist to work out you might need to have access to a good lawyer at some point.

I think it's ludicrous but going by information I have it looks like they will get in.
Playoff will be interesting next year 4 teams for 1 slot.
Will take 5 year minimum for stronger teams to filter into LL.

What information? As has been painstakingly explained on here for some time, it requires the agreement of all leagues and there is no such agreement.

The PWG have not seen any plans, and even the ERJFA have no idea how their league will look like next season.

You just need to look at current structure of SPFL to know the current clubs are all self interest
Championship playoff is ludicrous and weighed heavily in favour of Premier League side too stay up. 4th placed Championship needs to go through 6 games Sat/Wed consecutively to get promoted .

No relegation from league 2 again favouring bottom club who should automatically go down in my opinion but no they get a 2nd chance against a team who have had to win a championship and go through 4 play off games to make SPFL
I do think the playoffs between League 1 up and down work well however

4 minutes ago, Burnie_man said:

What information? As has been painstakingly explained on here for some time, it requires the agreement of all leagues and there is no such agreement.

The PWG have not seen any plans, and even the ERJFA have no idea how their league will look like next season.

It's fine. The SJFA are just going to turn up to the next PWG meeting with a tombola full of all the different Lowland League playoff and East Region Super League ideas.

Whichever one they pull out wins, FACT!

21 minutes ago, Fife Journeyman said:

I think most acknowledge that the ERJFA have somehow managed to get in at Tier 6 but let's look at the bigger picture.
1.Yes they may be tier 6 and it looks like 2x Super Leagues of 10 North and South.
2. Both Super League winners plat off for title.
3.Winner of playoff gain entry to Scottish Cup for season 2020/21
4.Winner of playoff plays the EOS winner.

Here's the part that can't happen

4.If the Super League team beat EOS winner it's irrelevant unless the winner is South of the Tay and has a licence which I would think for majority of junior clubs are a fair bit away especially with the floodlights requirement.

So Larry if your end game is for access to the Senior Scottish by winning a junior Super League with no thought of obtaining a licence then yes I agree you have pulled a masterstroke as long as you can win your league and playoff.

I have not played any masterstroke. I do know where this will end up regarding licences etc. All I have repeatedly said is the ERFA & WRJFA are in at Tier 6 from season 2019-20  I think current Junior clubs are as far away as the EoS clubs simply because the Seniors have closed the door. Now a few clubs may get their licences from both associations and I say to them well done but the majority will not. 

As for winning leagues and playing in the Senior Scottish Cup, my club has done that and may do it again. Hopefully you have had the same pleasure as I have done.

2 minutes ago, locheeboy said:

Now a few clubs may get their licences from both associations and I say to them well done but the majority will not.

25 Juniors moved to the EoS, 1 already with a licence. Then it was what 16 of the 24 that have an application in? Even if they don't get a derogation for not having floodlights the majority will end up with a license.

5 minutes ago, locheeboy said:

I have not played any masterstroke. I do know where this will end up regarding licences etc. All I have repeatedly said is the ERFA & WRJFA are in at Tier 6 from season 2019-20  I think current Junior clubs are as far away as the EoS clubs simply because the Seniors have closed the door. Now a few clubs may get their licences from both associations and I say to them well done but the majority will not. 

As for winning leagues and playing in the Senior Scottish Cup, my club has done that and may do it again. Hopefully you have had the same pleasure as I have done.

But they aren't. Byou the way I hope you win the junior cup to stop Ayrshire domination