Pyramid 2019/2020

Just now, Voice of Reason said:

Please remember that clubs in the LL must be licensed.

We have no idea if that would apply to a future LL2 (which is what I'm alluding to) and if it did, whether there would be a period allowed to obtain a licence.

3 minutes ago, Burnie_man said:

We have no idea if that would apply to a future LL2 (which is what I'm alluding to) and if it did, whether there would be a period allowed to obtain a licence.

I think if they do it this year it'll be a single division with licensing as one of the preferred criteria.

With 12 current lowland area licensees plus the x amount about to be licensed you can cherry pick the best 16 from two dozen or more.

Open it up to lowland west & East you'd get too many applications of too much variety and choosing just 32 would be a nightmare.

23 minutes ago, FairWeatherFan said:

I think if they do it this year it'll be a single division with licensing as one of the preferred criteria.

With 12 current lowland area licensees plus the x amount about to be licensed you can cherry pick the best 16 from two dozen or more.

Open it up to lowland west & East you'd get too many applications of too much variety and choosing just 32 would be a nightmare.

I would make a LL of 16 teams with 8 east / 8 west (if 8 or more apply), with the option if there are enough western applicants to split in LL East / LL West. The 8 eastern clubs can just be the best 8 in the EOS that don't get promoted/elected to the LL (including possible eastern team(s) relegated from LL), as it's very unlikely that any team will be in there that's not going for licensing already. In the west, some SOS teams can join (who would want to, Threave I guess, any others?), with preference for licensed teams. West juniors should be able to join under the condition that they work on licensing.

1 hour ago, Marten said:

I would make a LL of 16 teams with 8 east / 8 west (if 8 or more apply), with the option if there are enough western applicants to split in LL East / LL West. The 8 eastern clubs can just be the best 8 in the EOS that don't get promoted/elected to the LL (including possible eastern team(s) relegated from LL), as it's very unlikely that any team will be in there that's not going for licensing already. In the west, some SOS teams can join (who would want to, Threave I guess, any others?), with preference for licensed teams. West juniors should be able to join under the condition that they work on licensing.

I don't think they'd base it on a particular geographic split for a single division. Of the 12 current licensees South of Tay outside the Lowland League i'd say maybe 5 would apply: Linlthgow Rose if not already promoted, LTHV, and the former Lowland League clubs Hawick Royal Albert, Preston Athletic and Threave Rovers.

Then you've got 15 or so meant to be going through the SFA License Process. One of Linlithgow and that 15 will probably all ready be promoted. So of that 19 there's some that wouldn't make the cut. They also wouldn't all be licensed, so  the likes of Clydebank and Kilwinning (who'd have licensing compliant grounds for 2019/20) could easily win votes to balance the geography.

• 2 weeks later...
From what I hear it's highly unlikely there will be a LL2 for next season, 2020-21 a more realistic target if they want one.
Id guess its to due waiting on the outcome of current PWG negotiations with the juniors plus seeing if SPFL3 goes anywhere.

With no LL2 it does open the door for a new/independant WOSL if negotiations with the juniors crash & burn.

3 minutes ago, GNU_Linux said:

Id guess its to due waiting on the outcome of current PWG negotiations with the juniors plus seeing if SPFL3 goes anywhere.

With no LL2 it does open the door for a new/independant WOSL if negotiations with the juniors crash & burn.

The impression I get is nobody knows what direction the PWG discussions are heading in or what happens next, it's all still up in the air.

This is February, they cant let the uncertainty go on much longer and IMO someone has to draw the line and say that there will be no changes for next season.  At least then everyone knows where they stand.

1 hour ago, Burnie_man said:

From what I hear it's highly unlikely there will be a LL2 for next season, 2020-21 a more realistic target if they want one.

This is perhaps for the better as the EoSL would take quite a hit if the league lost part of its recent tranche of Junior clubs.

On the other hand I can't help feeling a little disappointed that a primary gateway for progressive East and West clubs will not be opened for 2019/20.

However, it does enable proper planning for the launch of LL2 for 2020/21 season.

An independent WoSL has lost much of its lustre and I suppose that the SJFA can feel a little smug that the initiative appears to have been smothered by the ongoing Pyramid negotiations when at the start of the season it was a near certainty to be launched in one form or another.

Edited by Pyramidic

Cynically pyramidic, I believe this is what those running the sjfa truly wanted, an unknown and another year to keep what they have. Now it may be my cynical mind, but every step they have taken in the last 10 years, from 150k toilet blocks way back to telling everyone that the sjfa is in at tier 6 recently, add in every little twist along the way, this all reeks of self preservation. 

Which for me is very sad, as the junior clubs would most definitely bring another level of excitement to the pyramid and if Kelty and now Bonnyrigg are anything to go by, those similar clubs (we all know who they are east and west) would have most LL and potentially spfl2 clubs looking worriedly over their shoulder at what is chasing them down..... Which for me can only be a good thing for Scottish football.... More competitiveness = standards driven up the way (in theory anyway). 

Edited by Guest

On 10/02/2019 at 21:12, G4Mac said:

Cynically pyramidic, I believe this is what those running the sjfa truly wanted, an unknown and another year to keep what they have. Now it may be my cynical mind, but every step they have taken in the last 10 years, from 150k toilet blocks way back to telling everyone that the sjfa is in at tier 6 recently, add in every little twist along the way, this all reeks of self preservation. 

Which for me is very sad, as the junior clubs would most definitely bring another level of excitement to the pyramid and if Kelty and now Bonnyrigg are anything to go by, those similar clubs (we all know who they are east and west) would have most LL and potentially spfl2 clubs looking worriedly over their shoulder at what is chasing them down..... Which for me can only be a good thing for Scottish football.... More competitiveness = standards driven up the way (in theory anyway). 

Self preservation is the name of the game in Scottish football and isn’t exclusive to the SJFA!

They’re in full self preservation mode now that the ERJFA want into the pyramid!
Nope thats just common sense as lothians/fife etc already have an established pathway for acess to the pyramid. As has been said numerous times theres no valid reason for one part of the country to have two leagues but the rest one. Sure the ERJFA has clubs outwith EOS territory but thats still some twenty or so clubs within EOS territory & a solution can be found for the clubs outwith EOS/LL territory

24 minutes ago, Kilbowie Benches said:

They’re in full self preservation mode now that the ERJFA want into the pyramid!

No they aren't, they are standing up for a decent football pyramid. There is no valid reason at all to allow ERJFA in the pyramid next to EOS, it's just not a reasonable demand from the SJFA.

12 minutes ago, Marten said:

No they aren't, they are standing up for a decent football pyramid. There is no valid reason at all to allow ERJFA in the pyramid next to EOS, it's just not a reasonable demand from the SJFA.

It will have no bearing on any EoSL match so what’s the problem?

Nobody in the Juniors is shouting and demanding that Bonnyton be made to play in the West Juniors.

It will have no bearing on any EoSL match so what’s the problem?
Nobody in the Juniors is shouting and demanding that Bonnyton be made to play in the West Juniors.

One club isnt comparable to an entire league getting shoehorned into your territory.

Besides Bonnyton joined the SOS as it was the only pathway to the pyramid (same applies to Edusport) & as it was then & is now the WRJFA is not part of the pyramid. Even if the WRJFA get in theres no chance of Bonnyton moving from tier 6 to tier 9.

On ‎27‎/‎03‎/‎2018 at 09:18, Kilbowie Benches said:

It’s all too late for the SJFA.

They can only fit in underneath a West Of Scotland Senior League once it’s set up.

On ‎26‎/‎03‎/‎2018 at 20:58, Kilbowie Benches said:

Should have been done 5 years ago!

EoSL won’t accept the East Juniors as equals so how do the Juniors get around that?

Theyd be tier 6 in the West but 7 in the east?

On ‎13‎/‎04‎/‎2018 at 07:54, Kilbowie Benches said:

There’s no way there will be an East Juniors and an East Seniors in the same area at the same level.

Can we just remind ourselves of KB's  contributions on the subject 10 short months ago when it was apparent Clydebank were joining the EoS, he understood it all then, he pretends not to understand it now.  Maybe it's because the piper is now playing a different tune.