Pyramid 2019/2020

5 minutes ago, Glenconner said:

Corner doesn’t see any problem with this post.

If you mean "not owning their grounds, they are in no position to be choosers about the kind of league they drop into", then I disagree - for me, it doesn't matter who owns it, it matters that you have reliable access to it, hence my San Siro remark.

If you didn't mean that, then I really don't see your intention.

6 hours ago, Glenconner said:

Clyde don’t own Broadwood. 

Errrrr.... yes. Well done.

I didn't say that they did. You mentioned four teams and asked whether they own their grounds. I replied that one does and another is owned by its supporters. I still don't know what it's got to do with this thread or discussion. 

I've really absolutely no idea what you're banging on about tbh.

11 hours ago, San Starko Rover said:

Don’t Queens Park own lesser Hampden where they’re moving to? They’ve only recently sold Hampden Park and Lesser Hampden isn’t ready so hardly fair to lump them in with teams like Clyde and Cowdenbeath who could be evicted at anytime.

Clyde can't be evicted "at any time". They have a lease until, I think, 2021.

And don't Cowdenbeath own Central Park?

Besides, none of this is relevant to licensing, the pyramid or anything else. Milan, Inter, Lazio and Roma don't own their grounds. Chelsea don't own their pitch.

Clyde can't be evicted "at any time". They have a lease until, I think, 2021.
And don't Cowdenbeath own Central Park?
Besides, none of this is relevant to licensing, the pyramid or anything else. Milan, Inter, Lazio and Roma don't own their grounds. Chelsea don't own their pitch.

Cowdenbeath definitely don’t own their ground.

Hearing that there could be more changes afoot in the ERJFA world as they try to hang onto clubs not happy at the amount of travelling involved in the Superleague.

I think the bottom line with that is, the Tayside clubs need the WL clubs more than the WL clubs need Tayside.

Hearing that there could be more changes afoot in the ERJFA world as they try to hang onto clubs not happy at the amount of travelling involved in the Superleague.
I think the bottom line with that is, the Tayside clubs need the WL clubs more than the WL clubs need Tayside.
changes in the vein of the ones you posted about the other day or something else?

changes in the vein of the ones you posted about the other day or something else?

I think it's to do with revamping their own set-up.  Not sure how they can make it any different unless they went to a Tayside league of 18, and a Fife & Lothians league of 18, with a play-off.  Anything else is just tinkering around the edges and still results in a top heavy Tayside Superleague.

Somebody needs to bite the bullet and start talking merger/amalgamation.

6 minutes ago, Burnie_man said:

I think it's to do with revamping their own set-up.  Not sure how they can make it any different unless they went to a Tayside league of 18, and a Fife & Lothians league of 18, with a play-off.  Anything else if just tinkering around the edges and still results in a top heavy Tayside Superleague.

It's one of the good things about the March 31st application end date. Right now its the only thing giving all this uncertainty a deadline.

Edited by FairWeatherFan

Just now, FairWeatherFan said:

It's one of the good things about the March 31st application. Right now its the only thing giving all this uncertainty a deadline.

That should also be the deadline for PWG discussions.  No agreement by then, then no change for 2019/20.

changes in the vein of the ones you posted about the other day or something else? I think it's to do with revamping their own set-up.  Not sure how they can make it any different unless they went to a Tayside league of 18, and a Fife & Lothians league of 18, with a play-off.  Anything else is just tinkering around the edges and still results in a top heavy Tayside Superleague.

I was refering to this post over in the junior version of this thread

Fair enough, I'm hearing there could be proposals to alter the format of the ERJFA next season leading to no Superleague which I can only presume means two large regions or three small ones playing-off for the title. Not sure ERJFA are at all interested in merger/amalgamation anyway, just self-preservation which will lead to no Pyramid access.

If thats the plan then ERJFA have seemingly accepted tier 6 is off the cards or they want out

1 minute ago, GNU_Linux said:

I was refering to this post over in the junior version of this thread

If thats the plan then ERJFA have seemingly accepted tier 6 is off the cards or they want out

Ah OK.   They know they're not tier 6 next season and never were.  This is probably more to do with stopping more clubs leaving who are a fed up with the travelling involved in the Superleague between Tayside and WL.  As I said, Tayside clubs need the WL clubs more than the other way round.

It's shuffling deckchairs on the Titanic kinda stuff.

27 minutes ago, Burnie_man said:

That should also be the deadline for PWG discussions.  No agreement by then, then no change for 2019/20.

I actually think it will be the catalyst for next year one way or the other. If no clubs sign up for the EoS from the East Region, then the Super Leagues at Tier 6 SJFA plan will try and get railroaded through with only a Lowland League 2 to stop it from happening.

If x amount of East Region clubs sign up for the EoS, then the SJFA plan is truly done. Those North of the Tay have to accept staying Junior or becoming a Senior league feeding the Highland League. The West Region facing the same basic choice.

2 hours ago, FairWeatherFan said:

I actually think it will be the catalyst for next year one way or the other. If no clubs sign up for the EoS from the East Region, then the Super Leagues at Tier 6 SJFA plan will try and get railroaded through with only a Lowland League 2 to stop it from happening.

If x amount of East Region clubs sign up for the EoS, then the SJFA plan is truly done. Those North of the Tay have to accept staying Junior or becoming a Senior league feeding the Highland League. The West Region facing the same basic choice.

You can't reailroad anything through though. No agreement = no change. If they try that they are wasting everyone's time.

21 hours ago, Burnie_man said:

Given that it's looking doubtful that there will be Juniors in the Pyramid next season, will we see another influx of clubs from the ERJFA I wonder.

If the juniors don't enter, I think the LL should push on with LL2. Invite clubs from the juniors, EOS & SOS with up to 8 places available to west clubs (including clubs in the SOS) & the remainder for east clubs (16 total). Should there be 10 or more west applicants, they can split it in a 16 team LL East & a LL West with 10-16 teams.

1 hour ago, Marten said:

If the juniors don't enter, I think the LL should push on with LL2. Invite clubs from the juniors, EOS & SOS with up to 8 places available to west clubs (including clubs in the SOS) & the remainder for east clubs (16 total). Should there be 10 or more west applicants, they can split it in a 16 team LL East & a LL West with 10-16 teams.

If it's true there's not going to be any Junior leagues in the Pyramid next season, this is an open goal for the Lowland League.