Pyramid 2019/2020

46 minutes ago, Blowin In the Wind said:

I just said we need to get rid of some of the amateurs running our game and get a truly professional CEO in place.  People didn’t like my suggestion.  I’ve loved the Juniors and the EOSL but we need to move forward which is what most people want which is a good thing

The amateurs in the LL/EOS seem to be doing alright and could probably sort out the non-league landscape if the guy being paid by the SJFA buggered off!

22 minutes ago, Ginaro said:

The amateurs in the LL/EOS seem to be doing alright and could probably sort out the non-league landscape if the guy being paid by the SJFA buggered off!

From what I’ve seen the EOSL are doing a grand job and they have been very accommodating.  Don’t know much about the LL.  I was talking about strong leadership at the top who would work with progressive people to improve the game we all love.

4 hours ago, Kilbowie Benches said:
Someone that’s in charge of the non league game isn’t a bad shout.
A guy from outwith the current set ups to pull it all together would be good.

The LL and HL currently sit on the SFA Professional Game Board, whilst the EoS and the rest sit on the so called Non Professional Game Board. With the EoS about to have more Licenced clubs than both the LL and HL, a revamp of this set up might be required.

Edited by Burnie_man

Heard that the last PWG meeting on 7th January resulted in next to no progress, and disagreements were aired (no idea what).  Rules and regs far from being integrated, and still no plan on the table, let alone any sort of agreement to involve the SJFA in the LL play-offs.  Sounds like 50/50 whether there will be any Juniors in the Pyramid at all next season.

4 minutes ago, Burnie_man said:

Heard that the last PWG meeting on 7th January resulted in next to no progress, and disagreements were aired (no idea what).  Rules and regs far from being integrated, and still no plan on the table, let alone any sort of agreement to involve the SJFA in the LL play-offs.  Sounds like 50/50 whether there will be any Juniors in the Pyramid at all next season.

That's what I heard aswell

4 minutes ago, Burnie_man said:

Possible that if the next meeting doesn't go well could see a few moving over

6 minutes ago, Burnie_man said:

That's my take on it also.

7 minutes ago, AlanCamelonfan said:

Possible that if the next meeting doesn't go well could see a few moving over

If I were a Junior club wanting involved in the Pyramid and Licencing process next season, I'd be asking some very direct questions of the SJFA heirachy on their "done deal" promise of tier 6 next season. It simply isn't true.

9 minutes ago, GNU_Linux said:

might be time to get the WOSL in motion & take steps re:LL2 (if its happening)

It's 10 weeks until the closing date for applications for the EoSFL, I can't see any hope of an agreement before then and how long will those clubs in the west who want access to the Pyramid give it before taking matters into their own hands?  Also, how long will the PWG give it, there has to be a cut-off somewhere along the line that says no changes will be implemented for next season.

The EOS should really contact all of the clubs below the Tay and encourage them to join, could even promise them tier 7 and conferences again if required. Because at the rate it's going the PWG won't have done anything and it'll be left to the clubs again to sort it before next season.

Also hearing the meeting was a stalemate and juniors now looking very unlikely for the pyramid next year. Looks like my lot might be going east after all! Someone should get their finger out with the LL2!
keep in mind theres that WOSL idea being touted too. Forget who is behind it however

14 minutes ago, GNU_Linux said:
20 minutes ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:
Also hearing the meeting was a stalemate and juniors now looking very unlikely for the pyramid next year. Looks like my lot might be going east after all! Someone should get their finger out with the LL2!

keep in mind theres that WOSL idea being touted too. Forget who is behind it however

The only club properly linked with a WoSL was when BSC Glasgow sounded out a proposal. Following that the likes of Clydebank would eventually announce an intention to join the EoSL and Kilwinning Rangers once had a EoS West Division as an agenda topic for a meeting.

With the BSC Glasgow rep becoming the Chairman of the Lowland League last year, they might have shifted their influence from an indepedent WoSL to trying to get Lowland League 2 off the ground.

36 minutes ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

The LL appear to be doing what they need to do to put the pieces in place to move quickly on this after their next general meeting:

Edited by LongTimeLurker

2 minutes ago, FairWeatherFan said:

...With the BSC Glasgow rep becoming the Chairman of the Lowland League last year, they might have shifted their influence from an indepedent WoSL to trying to get Lowland League 2 off the ground.

The initiative for LL2 seemed to come from Civil Service Strollers.

The EOS should really contact all of the clubs below the Tay and encourage them to join, could even promise them tier 7 and conferences again if required. Because at the rate it's going the PWG won't have done anything and it'll be left to the clubs again to sort it before next season.
Not sure the EoS are in the business of poaching clubs, but those clubs in the ERJFA know the situation and what's on offer if they want to move.

Next season tier 7 will probably be Conferences again so anyone moving over won't join at the bottom, but it will be the last season they'll do it.