Pyramid 2019/2020

5 hours ago, craigkillie said:

I'm not sure that Dave Brailsford is a particularly good example given that it is becoming increasingly clear what fuelled the success of British cycling under his reign.

He’s not popular and will bend the rules as far as he can - it’s called being professional.  Get rid of the amateurs running the game for their  benefit not the games benefit.  Yes he would upset many  as he is ruthless in his pursuit of improvement but if we continue in the same way year in year out it will stunt growth in all parts of the game.  

21 minutes ago, Blowin In the Wind said:

The number of British cyclists who have won gold medals, Tours and other big cycling events in this millennium compared to the rest of history is astounding.

”Show me a good loser and I’ll show you a loser”.

Show me a clean UK cyclist and I'll applaud them, this current generation will always be guilty by association in the eyes of the public.

25 minutes ago, Blowin In the Wind said:

He’s not popular and will bend the rules as far as he can - it’s called being professional.  Get rid of the amateurs running the game for their  benefit not the games benefit.  Yes he would upset many  as he is ruthless in his pursuit of improvement but if we continue in the same way year in year out it will stunt growth in all parts of the game.  

He quite clearly went beyond bending the rules, and there is some evidence of the net closing in. It will be interesting to see if all of those gold medals are still gold medals in 20 years time.

6 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

He quite clearly went beyond bending the rules, and there is some evidence of the net closing in. It will be interesting to see if all of those gold medals are still gold medals in 20 years time.

It was handy that the laptop of the dodgy Doctor with all his medical records of UK cyclcists  was "stolen" as well. 

51 minutes ago, drs said:

Show me a clean UK cyclist and I'll applaud them, this current generation will always be guilty by association in the eyes of the public.

53 minutes ago, drs said:

Whatever happened to the concept of innocent until proven guilty.  There has been a lot of bluff and bluster around British cycling what it did and didn’t do.  They are probably guilty of bending the rules but that’s it.  

10 minutes ago, Blowin In the Wind said:

True but we need a good CEO to run Scottish Football and I have an example 

That ain't gonna happen anytime soon, so best just to discuss this issue based on who's in the hot seat currently.

6 hours ago, drs said:

The number of top level British Cyclists with Asthma who required medication is astounding.

Plus they were treating the 'asthma' with intramuscular injections of triamcinolone, a steroid route that has never been indicated for acute or chronic asthma and is on the banned list without a medical reason. They knew what they were doing.

1 minute ago, Cyclizine said:

Plus they were treating the 'asthma' with intramuscular injections of triamcinolone, a steroid route that has never been indicated for acute or chronic asthma and is on the banned list without a medical reason. They knew what they were doing.

But they had a declared TUPE so did nothing legally wrong as confirmed by WADA.  

Just now, Blowin In the Wind said:

It was shady practice and they knew it.  The doctor prescribing is on very shaky ground, ethically. 

11 minutes ago, Blowin In the Wind said:

Isnt that the same WADA that didnt see any reason to ban perennial dopers Russia?

Public opinion will reverse that decision, public opinion knows that British cycling success has been built on cheating.

Edited by drs

20 minutes ago, Cyclizine said:

It was shady practice and they knew it.  The doctor prescribing is on very shaky ground, ethically. 

Add I said he would bend the rules to gain an advantage and bring success.   There are many instances of this in all sports including football.  Love or hate him he is the ultimate professional CEO.  It’s time we stopped being gallant losers and moved forward.   He would get rid of the games amateurishness.

27 minutes ago, drs said:

Isnt that the same WADA that didnt see any reason to ban perennial dopers Russia?

Public opinion will reverse that decision, public opinion knows that British cycling success has been built on cheating.

Bollocks - success in British cycling has been built on a combination of hard graft, engineering ability, money and a willingness to bend the rules but not break them.  They exploited a loophole with TUPE’s that’s as criminal as it gets.  

2 minutes ago, Black & Red Socks said:

For heaven’s sake, what has any of this got to do with the topic to hand?

I just said we need to get rid of some of the amateurs running our game and get a truly professional CEO in place.  People didn’t like my suggestion.  I’ve loved the Juniors and the EOSL but we need to move forward which is what most people want which is a good thing