Pyramid 2019/2020

I would create a Lowland League 2 for 2019/20 and invite the clubs who are set to form the EoS Premier next season (could invite licensed SoS clubs but doubt any would be interested).  Give the teams until the end of 19/20 to get licensed.

Then, I would create a Lowland League 2 West for 2020/21.  Could do it for next season but I think it would be too soon as the clubs are still in the juniors.  Give them some time to prepare for the move.

This would then put west juniors, east juniors, EoS and SoS at level 7.  Still need to merge EoS/East juniors and SoS/West juniors and sort out the north of the Tay east juniors but one step at a time...

2 hours ago, Marten said:

I agree it's give and take for the SJFA.

Give: agree that the EOS is the only route into the LL for clubs in the east, south of the Tay. Remaining ERJFA can join the EOS, or even bolt on below the EOS.

Take: juniors everywhere else (including Tayside) get in from tier 6.

Simple and reasonable.

Especially as the remaining 'old' East Region sides are, by and large, dross that was nowhere near the East Superleague in its last true guise.

Read through this thread with great interest and you know what, it’s a microcosm of why Scottish football is so far off the pace in the World game.

its all about self interest and very weak management or non existent management.  If you ran a business like this it would be a bust within 5 years.

Thats really unfortunate as there are a huge number of people putting so much effort and time into it and for the size of population it is very well supported at all levels.  I’ve enjoyed the Juniors and now the EOSL immensely since my lad started playing in it.

The SFA as the governing body should be taking the lead here and most of the associations being talked about all have offices in the same building but don’t appear to talk.

Whats needed is a CEO like David Brailsford who is given complete authority to reorganise and modernise the whole game.  There would be more winners than losers and within 10 years the place would be transformed. Won’t happen as Turkeys don’t vote for Christmas but it needs a radical rethink.

Read through this thread with great interest and you know what, it’s a microcosm of why Scottish football is so far off the pace in the World game.
its all about self interest and very weak management or non existent management.  If you ran a business like this it would be a bust within 5 years.
Thats really unfortunate as there are a huge number of people putting so much effort and time into it and for the size of population it is very well supported at all levels.  I’ve enjoyed the Juniors and now the EOSL immensely since my lad started playing in it.
The SFA as the governing body should be taking the lead here and most of the associations being talked about all have offices in the same building but don’t appear to talk.
Whats needed is a CEO like David Brailsford who is given complete authority to reorganise and modernise the whole game.  There would be more winners than losers and within 10 years the place would be transformed. Won’t happen as Turkeys don’t vote for Christmas but it needs a radical rethink.
Only the SJFA have an office at Hampden and a full time employee. The LL, EoS and SoS dont have either and in fact the LL and EoS share a League Secretary.

10 minutes ago, Burnie_man said:
14 minutes ago, Blowin In the Wind said:

Only the SJFA have an office at Hampden and a full time employee. The LL, EoS and SoS dont have either and in fact the LL and EoS share a League Secretary.

Maybe they should it might at least lead to face to face dialog 

6 minutes ago, Blowin In the Wind said:

Maybe they should it might at least lead to face to face dialog 

The last thing we need is more puffed up blazers in offices at Hampden on a nice fat salary. There are already face-to-face discussions at the PWG meetings.

Edited by Burnie_man

52 minutes ago, cmontheloknow said:

Especially as the remaining 'old' East Region sides are, by and large, dross that was nowhere near the East Superleague in its last true guise.

We had the situation where both Bathgate Thistle and Pumpherston declined a Superleague place in the close season when the ERJFA re-organised the leagues, presumably due to it's Tayside top heavyness, now the latter is walking the South Division but nothing will have changed Superleague wise, will they decline again? 

It's a mess frankly and it's time they realised the only solution is to start talking to the EoS about a merger.  At the very least, the WL and Fife clubs should be taking a long hard look at where the future lies, those in the District leagues can retain tier 7 status next season in the EoS. Guaranteed.

19 minutes ago, Burnie_man said:

We had the situation where both Bathgate Thistle and Pumpherston declined a Superleague place in the close season when the ERJFA re-organised the leagues, presumably due to it's Tayside top heavyness, now the latter is walking the South Division but nothing will have changed Superleague wise, will they decline again? 

It's a mess frankly and it's time they realised the only solution is to start talking to the EoS about a merger.  At the very least, the WL and Fife clubs should be taking a long hard look at where the future lies, those in the District leagues can retain tier 7 status next season in the EoS. Guaranteed.

The ERJFA are looking for new clubs at Tier 6 for next season

http://www.ultrasoft2.co.uk/ersjfa/default.asp

Just now, Blowin In the Wind said:

The ERJFA are looking for new clubs at Tier 6 for next season

http://www.ultrasoft2.co.uk/ersjfa/default.asp

That's been there for a few weeks, how they can claim tier 6 when there is no such agreement beats me, totally misleading.  It shows their attitude towards sorting this out, not interested.

25 minutes ago, Burnie_man said:

That's been there for a few weeks, how they can claim tier 6 when there is no such agreement beats me, totally misleading.  It shows their attitude towards sorting this out, not interested.

The wording surely is incorrect as teams coming in surely would be at tier 7

8 hours ago, AlanCamelonfan said:

The wording surely is incorrect as teams coming in surely would be at tier 7

Perhaps a hint as to the slippery grasp of the situaton from the ERSJFA? You're right though - current North and South divisions will be tier 7 next season should their fantasy become reality and anyone new would go in there too.

11 hours ago, Blowin In the Wind said:

I'm not sure that Dave Brailsford is a particularly good example given that it is becoming increasingly clear what fuelled the success of British cycling under his reign.

The number of top level British Cyclists with Asthma who required medication is astounding.

2 hours ago, cmontheloknow said:

Perhaps a hint as to the slippery grasp of the situaton from the ERSJFA? You're right though - current North and South divisions will be tier 7 next season should their fantasy become reality and anyone new would go in there too.

Un less they do conference style system everyone at tier 6 to qualify for a super league

6 minutes ago, Bluenortherner said:

So in short, are there any new applications for next season at all?

For what juniors or eosfl? I have no idea on either it's being hush hush.

If ersjfa went to conference north central and south at tier 6 to qualify for a super league it would correct the geographical balance

There have been several clear and concise - and very credible - suggestions on how, at a juncture where the SJFA at last want to emerge from the shadows and into the Pyramid, full and proper integration of our game can best take place and I've reproduced below a post from the end of October that I too would put forward as the most simple means of restructuring to accommodate this.

Many have already said that the West and North Regions being placed directly into the Pyramid in their current form is a logical step and I would certainly endorse this. The much more difficult matter lies in the East. Here, a frank discussion between the ERSJFA (not the SJFA) and the EoSFL on the matter of full integration of their respective leagues is surely the only way to go to avoid what so many have correctly stated is the nonsense of two leagues overlapping in the same geographical area. It is even the contemplation of such a ridiculous overlap that further exemplifies why Scottish football has been so derided in its thinking over the years.

Many have also highlighted the Highland/Lowland divide and the fact that its very existence calls into question the ERSJFA simply slotting in beside the EoSFL underneath the Lowland League due to the preponderance of Tayside clubs in it's top league who, as it currently stands and most likely will remain, are considered to be north of the Highland/Lowland dividing line. Discussion too must be had about these clubs moving north and balancing the lower tiers of the Pyramid.

It is surely not beyond the wit of man for this to happen in a properly thought out and structured manner to avoid the crazy notion of overlap that some seem to entertain. I for one believe that the EoSFL showed sufficient leadership last year in absorbing so many east Junior sides to be entrusted again to ensure proper balance is brought to the PWG table and a proper merger in the east can be achieved under their auspices - whether that be by accepting applicants from the east Juniors again this coming close season or by partnering the ERSJFA in a properly negotiated merger.

The EoSFL board are men who have earned the trust of many to make this work.

On ‎29‎/‎10‎/‎2018 at 09:46, Black & Red Socks said:

With due deference to all the discussions on this topic in the past and to the intricacies of where to draw appropriate geographical boundaries, this is merely an alternative visual representation of what I would suggest is a far more suitable and sensible way to bring the Juniors into the Pyramid in the east - by merging them with the current EoSFL. Apologies for the 'rebranding' of the South of Scotland League etc for the purposes of consistency across the divisions.

Pyramid.png

4 hours ago, drs said:

The number of top level British Cyclists with Asthma who required medication is astounding.

The number of British cyclists who have won gold medals, Tours and other big cycling events in this millennium compared to the rest of history is astounding.

”Show me a good loser and I’ll show you a loser”.