Pyramid 2019/2020

In that a Glasgow junior team could enter the "east of scotland". So could largs for that matter. Really eastern they are. Yet allegedly Arbroath vics could not.
If the eos league are 100% against any ersjfa pyramid entry, they should at least offer to take in all members.

Out of interest what Glasgow Junior team? Im not aware of any team from Glasgow applying.

Hypothetically I assume if the ll/hl boundary was moved, and a Tayside league created with a pathway to the lowland ,then there would be no objection from the eos.
Not in their territory. No clash.

It has already been recorded that the EoS have no objection to a Tayside Senior League being created.

In that a Glasgow junior team could enter the "east of scotland". So could largs for that matter. Really eastern they are. Yet allegedly Arbroath vics could not.
If the eos league are 100% against any ersjfa pyramid entry, they should at least offer to take in all members.
They will, from LL territory, not HL.

borders clubs played in SOuth of Scotland league. But if you want our new set up to be the same as the Junior set up what would you do with south of scotland league

As I said in my previous post - have any SoS clubs ever applied junior?

I don't think there is any ruling which would stop them applying.

The SJFA covers all Scotland

I assume the answer would be a split between existing East/West. Depending on which region they apply to.

The benefit of the existing junior set up is it's Scotland wide.

The EoS/LL stops at the Tay but no West or South boundary.

Tayside currently falls inbetween where they would probably prefer to play East over North. But that option doesn't exist

As I said in my previous post - have any SoS clubs ever applied junior?

I don't think there is any ruling which would stop them applying.

The SJFA covers all Scotland

I assume the answer would be a split between existing East/West. Depending on which region they apply to.

Girvan played in the SOS until 2004. Thats why they were an anomoly of being both members of the sfa and sjfa thus taking part in the scottish cup

8 minutes ago, pipedreamer said:

Aberfeldy apparently applied to play junior previously and were knocked back due to some strange reasons, was a fantastic setup when Kelty played Elgin there preseason.

I've followed the Juniors closely for 20+ years and don't recall an application in that time so we're going back a bit perhaps.

12 minutes ago, cmontheloknow said:

I've followed the Juniors closely for 20+ years and don't recall an application in that time so we're going back a bit perhaps.

This came up during talk about a friendly being played there.

On 27/05/2018 at 22:08, aberfeldy said:

It’s a very decent set up. Applied to go junior in 2011 but were knocked back because of the adjacent golf course. I’d rate it better than a lot of current Junior grounds

3 hours ago, superbigal said:

Hypothetically I assume if the ll/hl boundary was moved, and a Tayside league created with a pathway to the lowland ,then there would be no objection from the eos.

Not in their territory. No clash.

Nobody here can speak for the EoS.

Thing about all this is, the HL/LL line was set by the organisations in the pyramid. The EoS was in it, the ERSJFA wasn't. They get to make the rules. These lines are never ideal for those around the edges but that's the way the jobby drops. Personally I'd be for allowing clubs near the boundary to choose which side they play. If it's good enough for Berwick...

The 26 new members of the EoS have joined the pyramid with that line in place. It's patently absurd to have two leagues on the same side of that boundary, covering the same areas, both feeding into the LL. If there were an agreement on a Tayside league with a line somewhere in Fife then fine, that could arguably sit at Tier 6 too, though I think four leagues feeding into Tier 5 is far more than can be justified in a small country like Scotland, but fairy nuff. What's obviously ridiculous is the possibility of, say, a Tier 5 play-off between Whitburn and Bathgate from different leagues.

Also, are we really suggesting that if Whitehill Welfare get relegated they can choose between the EoS and the ERSJFA? That's not a pyramid. That's a joke. 

11 hours ago, superbigal said:

They take in all members they are allowed to take in. The only applications they can't accept are ones from above the Tay boundary. That's not their decision, that's the boundary which has been agreed by multiple parties (including the SPFL) and not up to the EOS to change. As they feed into the LL they can only accept teams that are allowed to go into the LL. It's not exactly rocket science and has already been pointed out a few times so why do you keep blaming the EOS of "not accepting everyone" when they clearly accept everyone they can accept? And I'd class Arbroath as North-East, not East.

I agree a proper solution for the Tayside teams north of the boundary is needed. I live just north of the Tay in Dundee myself so the local football teams around where I live are affected by it and clarity is badly needed. But as things stand now there isn't much the EOS can do for the teams over here. If the boundary does get changed (like the SJFA clearly wants to) it would be a different matter, but as said, that depends on various parties, including the SPFL.

1 hour ago, Cumbo said:
10 hours ago, FairWeatherFan said:

Breadalbane, based in Aberfeldy were knocked back due the golf course which is next to the park. I believe the issue was due to stray golf balls which could have caused harm.

Breadalbane were fobbed off with an excuse, the real reason was that clubs didnt want to travel.

17 minutes ago, GNU_Linux said:

Are all of the Perthshire clubs in the juniors north of the Tay sans Kinnoul? (Im assuming Kinnoul are fine as Jeanfield also from Perth are deemed to be south of the boundry by the EOS)

Scone Thistle are South of the boundary.

Luncarty just scrape into the North

https://www.google.com/maps/d/viewer?mid=1k4xWEiA6DvPhdnfOqT835ybt52xQ4Grr&ll=56.965619412276396%2C-3.433614900000066&z=7

The 16 North of boundary East Region Juniors are:

image.png.f6c87705b6d1a0a88d5de5ff8529d754.png

17 minutes ago, FairWeatherFan said:

Scone Thistle are South of the boundary.

Luncarty just scrape into the North

https://www.google.com/maps/d/viewer?mid=1k4xWEiA6DvPhdnfOqT835ybt52xQ4Grr&ll=56.965619412276396%2C-3.433614900000066&z=7

The 16 North of boundary East Region Juniors are:

image.png.f6c87705b6d1a0a88d5de5ff8529d754.png

That's not a bad looking Tayside Senior League, you might find Scone and Kinnoull would want to remain in that.  The boundary should really follow the line of the Tay and skirt south of Perth.

I read somewhere that it would take another two clubs to "apply" to the Highland League in order for it to split into HL1 and HL2, running with 10 clubs in each division.  Over time both divisions could expand to swallow up the better Tayside clubs, and the likes of Banks O'Dee, Montrose Roselea, Culter etc.

Edited by Burnie_man

57 minutes ago, Jason King said:

Breadalbane were fobbed off with an excuse, the real reason was that clubs didnt want to travel.

breadalbane,s application to join the juniors never reached the ERJFA agm simply because the junior officials led by john reilly decided it was geographically unsuitable for their own clubs and quite simply nit picked to block the application. breadalbane since commissioned a health and safety report and have had visits from the sfa licencing officer cammy watt, both upholding the application as valid. breadalbane are gearing up again, new perimeter fencing has been installed, pitch has had a 11,000 upgrade and in the spring new dugouts and socketed goalposts will be in place and along with our portable stands we will be in a position to apply for an entry licence. before anybody asks we have floodlights as well as our own training area. if we reapply under this come and join us advert any bets on the outcome?

2 minutes ago, humphrey said:

breadalbane,s application to join the juniors never reached the ERJFA agm simply because the junior officials led by john reilly decided it was geographically unsuitable for their own clubs and quite simply nit picked to block the application. breadalbane since commissioned a health and safety report and have had visits from the sfa licencing officer cammy watt, both upholding the application as valid. breadalbane are gearing up again, new perimeter fencing has been installed, pitch has had a 11,000 upgrade and in the spring new dugouts and socketed goalposts will be in place and along with our portable stands we will be in a position to apply for an entry licence. before anybody asks we have floodlights as well as our own training area. if we reapply under this come and join us advert any bets on the outcome?

It'd be an interesting one SFA licensing wise as you fall into the Highland League area.