Pyramid 2019/2020

2 hours ago, Auld Heid said:

The problem remains the SFA

They are are hiding behind a PWG whilst encouraging the SJFA with promises they can't fully fulfil.

Its now January and how 2019/20 will run is still unknown.

All because SJFA are looking after their own self interest. Just get the West in. East into EOSFL and Tayside and north can feed highland league easy.

All because SJFA are looking after their own self interest. Just get the West in. East into EOSFL and Tayside and north can feed highland league easy.
Understandable I suppose.

That's why the SFA should be leading instead of allowing all the squabbles and no resolution.

Is the eosfl application for this year open to Tayside teams ?
Does anyone actually factually know ?
I thought the Tay was the boundary for the EoS.

This has been one of the arguments that Tayside is no man's land between East/Highland.

The SJFA have the best setup in 3 regions but run by amateurs. Unfortunately the EoS and associated setup has big gaps in coverage.

The eos application criteria does not mention anywhere geographically where you have to come from 

Hence my question

Eos refusing to allow Tayside teams join would surely not help their Anti ERSJFA alongside argument ?

Why should Broughty not be allowed to join ? Who/when drew up the EOS boundary but allow Clydebank ?

Just all seems odd as Dundee is more "East" than Glasgow

In fact the "East of Scotland" is surely false advertising ?

Edited by superbigal

20 minutes ago, superbigal said:

The eos application criteria does not mention anywhere geographically where you have to come from 

Hence my question

Eos refusing to allow Tayside teams join would surely not help their Anti ERSJFA alongside argument ?

Why should Broughty not be allowed to join ? Who/when drew up the EOS boundary but allow Clydebank ?

The EoS is a feeder league to the Lowland League, Tayside clubs fall into the Highland League area as per the current boundary, so the EoS can't accept clubs north of the boundary otherwise they could have a Champion club that the LL would not accept, and highlights one of the issues of admitting the ERJFA in it's current form.  That's my take on it anyway.

Tayport are Fife, so of course fall well within the EoS area, get the form in :whistle

37 minutes ago, superbigal said:

Hence my question

Certainly something they seem to have understood

image.png.8662f41bd63bcd4e6ebda52858e622e4.png

17 minutes ago, Burnie_man said:

The EoS is a feeder league to the Lowland League, Tayside clubs fall into the Highland League area as per the current boundary, so the EoS can't accept clubs north of the boundary otherwise they could have a Champion club that the LL would not accept, and highlights one of the issues of admitting the ERJFA in it's current form.  That's my take on it anyway.

Tayport are Fife, so of course fall well within the EoS area, get the form in :whistle

There's an even more obvious example of a "Tayside club" being accepted. Jeanfield Swifts: traditional "Tayside club" but geographically fall in the Lowland League boundary.

1 hour ago, superbigal said:

Hence my question

The only fixed boundary in the Scottish pyramid is the river Tay (as in the centre of the Tay Bridge and then a straight line on that longtitude), meaning the likes of Broughty are in the HL area and as a result can't play in a LL feeder like EOS, while yourselves and Jeanfield Swifts are (just) south of that and fall in LL territory, meaning the EOS accepted Jeanfield and would accept Tayport if you apply.

A boundary change isn't really in the hands of the EOS, it has to be agreed by multiple parties, including HL, LL and SPFL. The latter have a vote as the boundary decides where relegated League Two clubs end up. South of the Tay there isn't really a fixed boundary. Currently there is no west league, so either the SOS or the EOS would be the league for Clydebank. They are outside the area for both, but nothing is stopping either league from accepting them if Clydebank apply and the league wants them.

3 minutes ago, Marten said:

...They are outside the area for both, but nothing is stopping either league from accepting them if Clydebank apply and the league wants them.

It used to be claimed that it would have to be the SoS, but a useful precedent on this is that East Kilbride are already in the EoSFA.

https://www.eosfl.com/content.php?pg=clubdir&pd=1040

1 hour ago, Auld Heid said:

I thought the Tay was the boundary for the EoS.

This has been one of the arguments that Tayside is no man's land between East/Highland.

The SJFA have the best setup in 3 regions but run by amateurs. Unfortunately the EoS and associated setup has big gaps in coverage.

but in your junior set up the borders aren't covered

1 hour ago, superbigal said:

Hence my question

I wouldn't call Tayside East of Scotland. thats north East

It used to be claimed that it would have to be the SoS, but a useful precedent on this is that East Kilbride are already in the EoSFA.
https://www.eosfl.com/content.php?pg=clubdir&pd=1040
Gretna as well are EOSFA despite being in Dumfries & Galloway. Cumbernauld & BSC are not members of either the EOS or SOS. East Stirling havent taken up EOS membership either.

2 minutes ago, Auld Heid said:
22 minutes ago, AlanCamelonfan said:
but in your junior set up the borders aren't covered

Not sure that's correct - or just none have applied?

borders clubs played in SOuth of Scotland league. But if you want our new set up to be the same as the Junior set up what would you do with south of scotland league

What’s Glasgow got to do with this?
In that a Glasgow junior team could enter the "east of scotland". So could largs for that matter. Really eastern they are. Yet allegedly Arbroath vics could not.
If the eos league are 100% against any ersjfa pyramid entry, they should at least offer to take in all members.