Pyramid 2019/2020

Just now, Kilbowie Benches said:

They have a lot less clubs in their FA

The point being made is what will the SJFA actually do?  the only possible thing I can think of is organise the Junior Cup if it is still kept going.  Does that justify £30k+ salary and rent for an office at Hampden? Does it even justify it now? 

3 hours ago, locheeboy said:

It is clear the ERJFA & WRJFA are both in at tier 6 ! There was a meeting last Thursday between the North Juniors & HL attended by Ian Maxwell. This was to discuss the pryamid within the North. The ERJFA were not there or invited and no Tayside clubs were invited. I stand by what I have said and if I am wrong I am more than prepared to admit I was wrong. 

Since everything's all legit, signed off and confirmed then. Can you explain where the Highland/Lowland boundary is now? What with Montrose Roselea being in the North Region and Brechin Victoria being in the East Region.

27 minutes ago, naebor said:

Also what clubs do we know making the jump to seniors this year?

Good question.

Do Pumpherston propose to jump or follow the pack?

We need a Dalkeith Mark II to get things moving  and take us away from all the current speculation..

Good question.
Do Pumpherston propose to jump or follow the pack?
We need a Dalkeith Mark II to get things moving  and take us away from all the current speculation..

I don’t have a clue about the mighty pumphy but see they’re doing well again. Yes clarity is the best way, I don’t like the way the sfa or juniors operates but us the fans players and committees etc that all suffer. Do you regret your team not having moved?

The deadline for EoS applications is March 31st. You are supposed to have a licence by March 31st for promotion to the Lowland League and its not been exactly explained how the Lowland League will handle the Selkirk vacancy situation.

If the last PWG meeting was in November, then the next should be in January. Hopefully that will have something declared following it. Otherwise this is just a clusterfuck.

2 hours ago, naebor said:

Also what clubs do we know making the jump to seniors this year?

Well, all the West and East clubs if you are joining the pyramid. You may be managed by the SJFA next season but you'll be playing in the senior pyramid with a mandated end of season date set by the LL and of course you'll now be under the senior disciplinary code as well.

#montheseniors!

3 hours ago, FairWeatherFan said:

The deadline for EoS applications is March 31st. You are supposed to have a licence by March 31st for promotion to the Lowland League and its not been exactly explained how the Lowland League will handle the Selkirk vacancy situation.

If the last PWG meeting was in November, then the next should be in January. Hopefully that will have something declared following it. Otherwise this is just a clusterfuck.

It’s pretty straightforward re Selkirks vacancy, and in the LL rules? If there is a licensed club promoted to the LL then the current 15th place team in the LL would be relegated. The application process is then opened up for prospective new members to fill the 16th place?

That’s my reading of it?

Edited by Baxter's Nutmeg

Surely it's possible everyone is right in what they claim has been agreed. That all the juniors will have a direct route in at tier 6, and that the EoScotland League will remain the only pyramid league covering the East Region at tier 6. So to explain what I mean, the North juniors go in as feeder to the Highland League so tier 6, and the rest of the juniors (combined) will then become the West pyramid league in at tier 6. So the current east juniors will compete with the west juniors to be the "west" champion in the pyramid. So effectively there will be a east division of the new west league in the pyramid. Thats no different to the EoScotland League currently where arguably not all teams sit in the east region like Gretna, and you have examples of this in the non leagues in England, and the amateur leagues in Scotland where teams sit outside of the league catchment area. So the majority of clubs in the west pyramid league would be based in the west region but with some based in the EoScotland league catchment area and some based in the Highland/North junior catchment but competing for the "West" champion title. The junior FA can then claim they have delivered a direct feed into tier 6 for all juniors, the junior FA still run all their current junior leagues, and it doesn't compromise the supremacy of the East of Scotland league covering the East in the pyramid. Then any club who drops down the pyramid from a national level who doesn't have a legacy in a particular regional league goes into the respective geographical pyramid league. That also then means there isn't a debate forcing teams to move at the start from their current geographical leagues if they don't sit in the catchment area and don't want to move. 

6 hours ago, Baxter's Nutmeg said:

It’s pretty straightforward re Selkirks vacancy, and in the LL rules? If there is a licensed club promoted to the LL then the current 15th place team in the LL would be relegated. The application process is then opened up for prospective new members to fill the 16th place?

That’s my reading of it?

Yes, but when are they going to do it? Are they going to want applications in by March 31st or are they going to wait until all the playoffs have been decided and say we have 1/2 vacancies please apply now.

6 hours ago, Baxter's Nutmeg said:

That’s my reading of it?

But it was nae straight forward at the start of the season. Everyone knew club 16 was getting relegated from the LL then suddenly it became "bottom placed team " due to Selkirk folding. The rules ,not just for relegation,  are getting made up on a day to day basis,that's why there is page after page on here. Does nae seem to be anything clear in place which imo should be sorted before a ball is kicked every season.

2 hours ago, newcastle broon said:

But it was nae straight forward at the start of the season. Everyone knew club 16 was getting relegated from the LL then suddenly it became "bottom placed team " due to Selkirk folding. The rules ,not just for relegation,  are getting made up on a day to day basis,that's why there is page after page on here. Does nae seem to be anything clear in place which imo should be sorted before a ball is kicked every season.

I had another read of the rules on the website this morning, it says in the rules that it’s the bottom club, no mention of club 16?? I’m not sure that has been changed at all??

Edited by Baxter's Nutmeg

1 minute ago, Baxter's Nutmeg said:

I had another read of the rules on the website this morning, it says in the rules that it’s the bottom club, no mention of club 16?? I’m not sure that has been changed at all??

Aye but ffs everyone presumed club 16 was bottom club. 

2 hours ago, FairWeatherFan said:

Yes, but when are they going to do it? Are they going to want applications in by March 31st or are they going to wait until all the playoffs have been decided and say we have 1/2 vacancies please apply now.

I’m not sure, although I would imagine it would need to be Jan/Feb?

16 minutes ago, Baxter's Nutmeg said:

I’m not sure, although I would imagine it would need to be Jan/Feb?

Clubs 15 and 16 should automatically be relegated anyway wi club 14 playing off subject to license of course. 

What really is annoying is there is NO relegation from the HFL.

Difficult to have a real pyramid in place when that's happening   ?