Pyramid 2019/2020

16 minutes ago, LongTimeLurker said:

I would read the rules on this. Think you'll find they have a clause in there to basically do whatever they want with no possibility of appeal.

Oh I'm sure they can, just like they could have insisted Linlithgow Rose and Banks O'Dee join the Pyramid after moving the goalposts before being Licenced. They didn't.

Not really, its only an issue if you want entry to the real Scottish Cup or are about to enter the LL, backwaters clubs like Armadale and Glenafton are years away from that stage so its not an issue if you are a forward thinking club.

I am a supporter of Armadale and will support them at what ever level the club compete. Who knows if your forward thinking is successful our clubs might meet in a Scottish Cup Final or maybe a Champions League final a guess we are all dreamers

Could we potentially see something similar to Premiership -> Championship -> SPFL1, SPFL2, SPFL3, Lowland League, LL2, EoS, EoS Conferences/Juniors, Eos Rest of Junior structure with no change

Premiership -> Championship -> SPFL1, SPFL2, SPFL3, Lowland League, LL2, West of Scotland League (Junior top league), rest of West Junior Structure

Premiership -> Championship -> SPFL1, SPFL2, SPFL3, Lowland League, LL2, South of Scotland League

Premiership -> Championship -> SPFL1, SPFL2, SPFL3, Highland League -> Highland Junior structure

With East, West & South competing for a place in the LL2?

Edit: To keep the OG pyramid, would an option be moving next seasons EoS top league into LL2 and same amount of clubs from SoS into LL2 to get it started? That will then allow the bottom of the conferences to form the new EoS top league next season with the juniors structure unchanged and feeding directly into EoS.

Edited by boulderdomb

Quite a few pages to catch up on...so a couple of questions about next season to save me going through them....
Who will be team 16 in the EOSL first Division?.
What format will the remaining 23 clubs be playing in?.
Will there be a SPFL 3 next season?
Will there be a LL2 next season?.
If either or both these leagues happen,what tier will the EOSL be?
Thanks in advance.

Quite a few pages to catch up on...so a couple of questions about next season to save me going through them....
Thanks in advance.
The SPFL3 is still at the proposal stage. LL2 at working group stage. How team 16 is selected laregly hinges on whether bottom of the LL are relegated (not certain atm due to Selkirk withdrawing thus a 15 team league atm) & also if the SOS winner has a license or not.

Oh I'm sure they can, just like they could have insisted Linlithgow Rose and Banks O'Dee join the Pyramid after moving the goalposts before being Licenced. They didn't.
They did change the goalposts during our application.

They added the condition of joining the LL. We intimated that was not a condition when we applied.

As such it was changed to that we could be asked to join the LL. They never raised the subject again.

The SPFL3 is still at the proposal stage. LL2 at working group stage. How team 16 is selected laregly hinges on whether bottom of the LL are relegated (not certain atm due to Selkirk withdrawing thus a 15 team league atm) & also if the SOS winner has a license or not.

So.....
1. Don’t know
2. Don’t know
3. Don’t know
4. Don’t know
5. Don’t know

24 minutes ago, Auld Heid said:

They did change the goalposts during our application.

They added the condition of joining the LL. We intimated that was not a condition when we applied.

As such it was changed to that we could be asked to join the LL. They never raised the subject again.

I suspect there will be a few requests for clarification from the SFA. Their own Licence criteria alludes to "reasonable timescales" for such changes. Some clubs are being audited this week and next week, not much time to throw a set of floodlights up!

31 minutes ago, locheeboy said:

I do not agree with what the SFA have done but I think it is more than obvious the Senior clubs have sent their messagre loud and clear. They do not want us 

Hate to break it to you, but once the current juniors join the pyramid as planned, then everyone will be Senior. Only the Amateurs and Welfarers will have separate identities.

If locheeboy had finished his last sentence with either "...as automatic qualifiers in the Scottish Cup" or as "full members in the SFA" it would be difficult to argue with. The senior and junior thing is outdated terminology in terms of how the SFA is organised. SPFL+LL+HL = the professional game board, while EoS+SoS+juniors+amateurs+welfare = community board and licensing and Scottish Cup entry is aimed mainly at the former rather than the latter.

Has there been any word of the Highland League and SJFA having any discussion about how the north region acts as a feeder from next season onwards? I seriously doubt that's going to happen any time soon given how adamant Highland League clubs have been about wanting to keep their current format intact, which is why the key on the ERSJFA doing anything at tier 6 is getting the boundary shifted and it's probably worth investigating how and when that can be done (may have some time on my hands soon to be able to look into that).

Edited by LongTimeLurker

12 hours ago, PRICEY said:

Thanks in advance.

You asked that the other week and you got told the answer

1 hour ago, locheeboy said:

I do not agree with what the SFA have done but I think it is more than obvious the Senior clubs have sent their messagre loud and clear. They do not want us 

I agree 100% the SFA say they want a pyramid system but the lower ranked clubs don’t as they see their handouts disappearing 

As usual Scottish football being held back by the self interest of clubs who bring absolutely nothing to Scottish football