Pyramid 2019/2020

46 minutes ago, Auld Heid said:

The juniors have a better set-up with the 3 established regions.

Unfortunately they are badly run from top to bottom.

The organisatonal skills of the EoS running the juniors would be real progression.

Bur the juniors dosent cover the borders so it's actually inaccurate to say there regions are better. Even in the juniors i always felt Tayside should have been north and not in East region

7 minutes ago, AlanCamelonfan said:

Bur the juniors dosent cover the borders so it's actually inaccurate to say there regions are better. Even in the juniors i always felt Tayside should have been north and not in East region

I may be recalling wrong but weren't Tayside clubs going to join  the North at one point when reconstruction happened back in 2002?

Not sure that's correct - nothing in the rules to exclude them?

EoS stops at the Tay.

21 minutes ago, Cumbo said:

As the rules stand there is no scope for derogation to those seeking new membership.

Need to appeal to SFA board via the Chief executive.

This has come from the licensing auditor

I would absolutely get together with other applicants, EoS & SoS (if any stem from them) to complain the SFA have acted in bad faith.

They can't just add a new rule like this having organised audits based on existing existing requirements.

As the rules stand there is no scope for derogation to those seeking new membership.

Need to appeal to SFA board via the Chief executive.

This has come from the licensing auditor
Not doubting you, but it doesn't tally with what I was told.

As I said elsewhere, there is a precedent of the SFA changing requirements midway through a process and having to backtrack, it needs clarification as to what exactly the situation is.

The SFA aren't the worlds greatest communicators.

4 minutes ago, Cumbo said:

I'm just going with my conversation with the license auditor today.

Its thrown a spanner in the works of a lot of the clubs who have applied

We're not affected by the floodlights issue, but it first needs clarification and if it is the case they have moved the goalposts, challenged by all of the EoS applicants.

On 12/12/2018 at 15:59, FairWeatherFan said:

Knowing this was round the corner further explains the LL2 Working Group being formed up.

The need for floodlights for licensing could be all the excuse for the SJFA to dip out of the pyramid again and limits the scope of any breakaway WoSL.

A single division LL2 could take on what would otherwise be the EoS Premier and the divide between EoS First/SoS clubs at tier 7 wouldn't be as great as EoS Premier/SoS at tier 6.

Licensing is not necessary at Tier 6, so there would be no need for it to affect a WoSL.

The SFA should get their act together talk about LL2,SPFL3 and now what seems to be a lack of clarity regarding licences and floodlight requirements.These issues do not offer much encouragement to clubs contemplating joining the pyramid system.

43 minutes ago, Vollyman said:

The SFA should get their act together talk about LL2,SPFL3 and now what seems to be a lack of clarity regarding licences and floodlight requirements.These issues do not offer much encouragement to clubs contemplating joining the pyramid system.

No need contemplate joining the pyramid system - if we are to believe that all Junior Clubs/Leagues ARE NOW TO BE IN - the clubs certainly will be part of the SFA Pyramid next season.

The big question for clubs like Armadale Thistle is what Tier do you expect to be joining at?

Tier 9 - SJFA East Region Premier League South?

Tier 8 - SJFA East Region Superleague?

Tier 7 - East of Scotland League Conference ....?

NB: You could be at Tier 10 if SPFL3 is delivered!

What is the view at Armadale? In my opinion the sooner we are one happy family the better.

1 hour ago, Vollyman said:

Not really, its only an issue if you want entry to the real Scottish Cup or are about to enter the LL, backwaters clubs like Armadale and Glenafton are years away from that stage so its not an issue if you are a forward thinking club.

30 minutes ago, Burnie_man said:

...and if it is the case they have moved the goalposts, challenged by all of the EoS applicants.

Not sure why would anybody be surprised that they would move the goalposts after what happened previously with the progression clause. The SFA board have always had the ability to tack on extra requirements at their sole discretion, so I suspect this will continue to be a moving target in the years ahead given how low the bar was set initially on entry level and how many clubs potentially want to get in. I doubt cover for 100 with no seats will be the minimum for much longer, for example.

12 minutes ago, LongTimeLurker said:

Not sure why would anybody be surprised that they would move the goalposts after what happened previously with the progression clause. The SFA board have always had the ability to tack on extra requirements at their sole discretion, so I suspect this will continue to be a moving target in the years ahead given how low the bar was set initially on entry level and how many clubs potentially want to get in. I doubt cover for 100 with no seats will be the minimum for much longer, for example.

The Licence requirements are updated annually, the previous major requirement being covered disabled spaces, this years it's floodlights.  The question is how do you apply this, retospectively thereby affecting any clubs going through the process, or only for all new applicants from that date forward.

That is what concerns those 15 or so clubs right this moment, and what needs clarified and if neccesary, challenged.