Pyramid 2019/2020

11 minutes ago, falkirktv said:

Is that just for member clubs? That you can apply for that?

It already exists in the current licensing manual

image.png.f3d47d27711bee91e1f1752b3642d438.png

As floodlights as a requirement are only just being introduced i'd imagine a certain amount of leniency to existing members to give them a chance of getting them installed. For new clubs that would be applying for the first time knowing its a set criteria, who knows how they'd handle it.

6 minutes ago, Cumbo said:

How about those clubs who have applied before this was changed? SFA happy to take our money then change rules making it harder to get it.

With an application already in i'm sure they'd be judged on existing criteria. Think it was at least Haddington and Tranent have the licensing officer(s) round next week. Floodlights becoming a requirement has been discussed for a wee while now.

The EoS minutes from October made reference to getting applications sooner rather than later because of it. I'm sure for all the clubs currently involved in the process will have been given an insight into floodlights becoming a future requirement.

EDIT:

image.thumb.png.eaef7e2bcf68dbc02ba2cae6070c4bdb.png

Going by this the change might not take effect until ratified at the SFA AGM.

Edited by FairWeatherFan

We, Jeanfield had the SFA out last week for a visit. Nothing was mentioned then about the lights except that it was expected to be in their for next year. Didn't say that it would be required for this application but nothing would surprise me.

2 minutes ago, Cumbo said:

We, Jeanfield had the SFA out last week for a visit. Nothing was mentioned then about the lights except that it was expected to be in their for next year. Didn't say that it would be required for this application but nothing would surprise me.

I don't think it'll be an issue then. Once you get a licence that'd be you for a year. Which would likely come up mid-season so you'd get the derogation to the end of 2019-20 at the very least. So there's a year and a half to plan for floodlights and who knows how long they could extend derogations beyond that.

I think this is coming along now to prevent the 100+ SJFA clubs being added to the pyramid and distorting the Scottish Cup format.

My gut feeling is that those clubs who have handed over their £2k membership fee and are now working with the Licence Dept towards the award won't suddenly be required to add lights to their to-do list.  The derogation may apply to existing members (and those going through the process), to give them a chance to comply in 12/24 months time.

Anyone who applies once we tick over to 1st January may be treated differently of course.

14 hours ago, debian said:

Funnily enough, there was a discussion on this on Sunday at Hampden post the Child Wellbeing Meeting (Licensing Requirement).

It was made abundantly clear by the SFA rep that East Juniors will not be joining at the same level as EoS.

^^^Appears based on past posts several months back to be linked with Newton Stewart, a recently licensed club in the SoS, so looks like a credible source rather than a sockpuppet account.

1 hour ago, GNU_Linux said:

I know it'll vary a bit but whats the rough cost of installing devil lanterns?

Probably around 50k for a set that would allow progression up into the SPFL. Things like lux levels also come into play on this. That sort of price tag made this the obvious way to prevent a massive influx of new full members and it probably is reasonable enough that a club playing in the Scottish Cup should be able to host a midweek replay at any time of the year.

Probably around 50k for a set that would allow progression up into the SPFL. Things like lux levels also come into play on this. That sort of price tag made this the obvious way to prevent a massive influx of new full members and it probably is reasonable enough that a club playing in the Scottish Cup should be able to host a midweek replay at any time of the year.
Spec for entry level seems to be 200 lux. Bronze is 300 lux.

How much does it cost to have the floodlights running by the way? Always wondered. Must be a few quid on the leccie meter.
Can't remember exactly but it's been said before by guys that know and I remember it being relatively cheap, a handful of extra bodies through the gate covers the cost on a match by match basis.

19 minutes ago, AsimButtHitsASix said:

How much does it cost to have the floodlights running by the way? Always wondered. Must be a few quid on the leccie meter.

I think its in the range of £12/£15 for a 2 hour stint. I guess the higher the lux, the higher the cost.

Knowing this was round the corner further explains the LL2 Working Group being formed up.

The need for floodlights for licensing could be all the excuse for the SJFA to dip out of the pyramid again and limits the scope of any breakaway WoSL.

A single division LL2 could take on what would otherwise be the EoS Premier and the divide between EoS First/SoS clubs at tier 7 wouldn't be as great as EoS Premier/SoS at tier 6.