Pyramid 2019/2020

1 minute ago, Cyril said:

The three winners of each conference play each other in a round of play off games, the winner of this will then go through to play the South of Scotland champions in a two legged play off to decide promotion to the Lowland League (only if they are licenced)

The top 5 clubs from each conference then form a New East of Scotland Premier League along with the best placed 6th team + whoever is relegated from the Lowland League. That would then leave 23 teams + any new additions so the East of Scotland would need further reconstruction underneath.

It will likely be conferences at t7. Their might only be 22 remaining clubs if no relegation from lowland league 

I dont see why we cant do what most other countries / sports do and be a bit more flexible with the boundaries where the you have 2 leagues feeding into one, if the teams swapping leagues are from different area's (ie HL team promoted, LL team relegated) you just move the furthest north team in the LL to the HL ie at present this would be one of Kelty, Stirling Uni or BSC .

That way it saves the moving the goalposts on relegation spots, and keeps teams at the same tier.

The same principal could be put in place at Tier 6 with relegation from LL into either EoS or WoS their will be a border zone and the furthest east or west moves to level up the numbers. If the SFA or SPFL was in charge overall charge it would be easy to sort out, but LL / HL / EoS / WoS are or will all be seperate organisations with the SFA / SPFL having little or no input

I'm interested in what happens at the end of this season as regards leagues A, B and C. I can't find any information relating to it on the EOSFL website which is otherwise a very good site compared to what it used to be. Can anyone enlighten me? I did start reading this thread but there's 34 pages and to be honest I got stuck on the very first post as I had no clue what PWG meant. I have heard that the top 5 in each of the 3 leagues will form 1 league of 15 next season and the remainder will go into a league below that, is that right? How is the champion decided? Will new teams still be able to apply to join the EOSFL next season?
Thanks in advance

They don’t know

3 minutes ago, FairWeatherFan said:

Under the current format Clydebank, Syngenta and now a returning Selkirk are expected to apply to the EoS next year.

I think Clydebank will be in the west as it's almost certain their will be a west of scotland next season. It's whether it's sjfa or sfa running it

5 minutes ago, AlanCamelonfan said:

I think Clydebank will be in the west as it's almost certain their will be a west of scotland next season. It's whether it's sjfa or sfa running it

Everyone thinks that/hopes that, me included.

Still haven't seen anyone want the responsibility of running the west beyond the SJFA's all in together offer.

1 hour ago, honestly united said:

I dont see why we cant do what most other countries / sports do and be a bit more flexible with the boundaries where the you have 2 leagues feeding into one, if the teams swapping leagues are from different area's (ie HL team promoted, LL team relegated) you just move the furthest north team in the LL to the HL ie at present this would be one of Kelty, Stirling Uni or BSC .

Other countries (like England's National League North/South) don't have a 103 mile drive between the "border clubs" though...

The problem is most of the Tayside/Angus area already has clubs higher up in the league system, and they're unlikely to drop down to the fifth tier anytime soon, so there's a big gap.

If you want to have a flexible boundary you could reduce the number of national leagues (to two or three) so that you have more clubs to play with (or get the Juniors involved). In the meantime - the boundary could move north to take in all of the East Juniors, but then you end up with too many teams in the Lowland area, so that would then need to split into west/east regions.

hl.jpg

Edited by Ginaro

What’s the set up below the 16 Premier league?
The set-up below the Premier Division next season will be decided by the members based on how many clubs there are.

Chances are there will be further applicants from the East Juniors therefore once that is known and the promotion and relegation issues are decided, the structure will be decided.

It could be another season of Conferences to accomodate the new members, with the aim of forming an EoS First Division for 2020-21, or they may form a First Division for next season below the Premier and then maybe regional below that.

Hopefully we see more applications from West Lothian and Fife and we can move further towards full integration of clubs.

Still haven't seen anyone want the responsibility of running the west beyond the SJFA's all in together offer.
No one has come forward as a non-sjfa west would put off applicants as loyalty to the junior 'grade' is strong. That & theres no 'senior' league in WRJFA territory unlike the east.

1 hour ago, FairWeatherFan said:

Under the current format Clydebank, Syngenta and now a returning Selkirk are expected to apply to the EoS next year.

Except if theres a WOS league set up, im sure Clydebank would go there. I saw this below from another part of the P&B site today as a though of how it might develop.  This takes in Syngenta coming in and Selkirk being reformed.  It doesnt mention what happens to the other junior clubs in the East.

eosfl.png

13 minutes ago, GNU_Linux said:
1 hour ago, FairWeatherFan said:

No one has come forward as a non-sjfa west would put off applicants as loyalty to the junior 'grade' is strong. That & theres no 'senior' league in WRJFA territory unlike the east.

I thought eosfl said they'd help set up a wosfl 

They did iirc. Its one thing to set it up its another to get clubs signed up. Whilst in an integrated system clubs under the sjfa would be senior in all but name staying with the sjfa lets clubs have that warm and fuzzy 'mon the juniors' feeling in their stomach.

2 minutes ago, AlanCamelonfan said:

Help set up does not equate to running the thing though, or getting enough applicants to branch off the SJFA. Had the EoS said they were establishing a West of Scotland League or Conference clubs would of started applying,

If a LL2 West was announced ran by the Lowland League i'm sure they would have lots of applicants. The first public applications would probably be a mixed bag quality wise, but like with the EoS this summer all the bigger clubs would come running for fear of being left behind.

Right now no one in the West seems willingly to be the first into an unknown situation. They want certainty.

The set-up below the Premier Division next season will be decided by the members based on how many clubs there are.

Chances are there will be further applicants from the East Juniors therefore once that is known and the promotion and relegation issues are decided, the structure will be decided.

It could be another season of Conferences to accomodate the new members, with the aim of forming an EoS First Division for 2020-21, or they may form a First Division for next season below the Premier and then maybe regional below that.

Hopefully we see more applications from West Lothian and Fife and we can move further towards full integration of clubs.

So with us almost halfway through the season,you don’t know the league structure that 26 teams will be playing in next season?.