Pyramid 2019/2020

So the usual EoS suspects on this (for the sake of argument lets call him Burnieman) are not happy about the ERSJFA in at tier 6 thing being agreed and are probably silent for that reason. Maybe the LL boundary line being moved is the consensus of what should happen in PWG terms but would need to be changed at the next SFA and possibly SPFL AGMs so there is room for two interpretations of where things stand on that?

So the usual EoS suspects on this (for the sake of argument lets call him Burnieman) are not happy about the ERSJFA in at tier 6 thing being agreed and are probably silent for that reason. Maybe the LL boundary line being moved is the consensus of what should happen in PWG terms but would need to be changed at the next SFA and possibly SPFL AGMs so there is room for two interpretations of where things stand on that?

TBH I don't think anything significant has happened at this meeting, normally something comes out after a few days (especially when there's a victory to be claimed) but apart from known liar locheeboy sticking to his usual PR absolutely nothing of any note has been added since the last meeting.

18 minutes ago, parsforlife said:

TBH I don't think anything significant has happened at this meeting, normally something comes out after a few days (especially when there's a victory to be claimed) but apart from known liar locheeboy sticking to his usual PR absolutely nothing of any note has been added since the last meeting.

Another brave keyboard warrior ! Look I have only ever posted fact ! If folk don't want to accept it fair enough as the facts will come out very shortly. By the way, be careful making slanderous comments.

Another brave keyboard warrior ! Look I have only ever posted fact ! If folk don't want to accept it fair enough as the facts will come out very shortly. By the way, be careful making slanderous comments.

Your 'facts' over the years have been proven wrong time and time again. So wrong they have to be deliberate. You were one of the biggest perpetrators of the gold plated toilets and helipad myth for example. It's not slander when it's true.  

P.s whatcha gona do bitch

This has just bobbed up..

https://www.eveningexpress.co.uk/fp/sport/football/highland-league/draft-proposal-to-create-fifth-tier-league-three/
TLDR?
League 3: 4 Lowland; 4 Highland; 4 Colts. Under SPFL control.

Would only make sense if they also added a couple of teams from Ireland, Northern Ireland, Wales and England.

13 minutes ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

Surprised to see Kelty coming out in favour of this, seems short sighted to say the least. Id rather Tom Johnston got put in charge of fifa and every pyramid on planet earth football or aztec than have colt teams anywhere near Scottish footballs pyramid.

Every club and person will have a differing opinion and different preferences for their club but I wouldn’t say it’s short sighted for our club IF we had the chance to play in that league.

-Entry into SPFL without having to win a very competitive league and 2 play off matches.

-All 3 national cup competition entry.

-Increase in finances.

-Being part of a league setup where the winners are automatically promoted.

Would I personally look forward to facing Colt teams and travelling to the Highlands possibly not but it would be a start to opening up the pyramid  fully and same as when the Lowland League started that it will obviously develop as clubs move league positions.

Im sure it’s very early stages and lots to speak about and agree on by the powers at the SPFL but it’s interesting all the same for our club and probably a lot of others at this time.

7 hours ago, kefc said:

Every club and person will have a differing opinion and different preferences for their club but I wouldn’t say it’s short sighted for our club IF we had the chance to play in that league.

-Entry into SPFL without having to win a very competitive league and 2 play off matches.

-All 3 national cup competition entry.

-Increase in finances.

-Being part of a league setup where the winners are automatically promoted.

Would I personally look forward to facing Colt teams and travelling to the Highlands possibly not but it would be a start to opening up the pyramid  fully and same as when the Lowland League started that it will obviously develop as clubs move league positions.

Im sure it’s very early stages and lots to speak about and agree on by the powers at the SPFL but it’s interesting all the same for our club and probably a lot of others at this time.

Can't recall if it was the or one of the other threads the below was pretty much said but it does point to the lack of joined up thinking going on just now...

• SPFL want League 3.
  • Lowland want Lowland 2.
  • Juniors want tier 6 entry for their main super leagues.
  • EoS want the East Juniors to GTF in tier 6.
  • SPFL want sides north of the Tay relegated into the Highland.
  • The Juniors want sides south of Montrose promoted into the Lowland.
Edited by cmontheloknow

7 hours ago, kefc said:

All 3 national cup competition entry.

I realise there are obvious advantages to being a member of the SPFL over the LL. However when it comes to the cups you already compete in the Scottish Cup. Top 4 in the HL & LL compete in the Irn Bru Cup.

Which just leaves the Betfred Cup where current HL & LL champions also compete. Which makes me wonder what the competition looks like with 50 members to cater for and the possibility that ICT or Ross County reserves get promoted from the HL, making it 49 members the following year etc.

If I were a cynic - and I am - I'd say that the SFA and SPFL have absolutely no desire for an embracing pyramid.  They've spent years now telling clubs to join the pyramid but when they do, there seems to be a concerted effort to ensure that the SPFL is moved as far away as possible from it. 

This SPFL3 is a fiasco of a suggestion. The last thing the country needs is 5 national league tiers. I can see why the LL teams wouldn't have an issue with it but for the Highland League it's a nail in the coffin if you take out their top 4 because the breadth of standard in that league is already significant and the overall standard will be much the poorer if this goes ahead. 

Most of what we are seeing must be a response to the arrival - and potential arrival - of a multitude of clubs who are only following the advice given by the SFA.  There is a straightforward, flatter structure easily available but it will see a shift in who plays at what level over the next 10 years or so. Clubs following the advice of the SFA now seems unpalatable to the SFA and the SPFL. Which is actually a disgrace if true - and the raft of sub-optimal proposals emerging in such a short space of time really does back that up. 

I'm silent because I'm in Albania.

On ‎16‎/‎11‎/‎2018 at 17:29, cmontheloknow said:

Almost certain that Highland sides would make the latter stages. Would definitely add but point I was making is that they have a heavy fixtures programme with large distances involved and their entry into the national non-league KO would require them to find a significant number of saturday dates, increasing their current number of midweekers.

Maybe it's the lack of HL fans on this forum in general as they hide out in the wildnerness of Fitba North but would Highland League clubs/fans really care about a national non-league cup? They just don't seem bothered by anything south of Aberdeen (including the SPFL... and Fort William)

Edited by AsimButtHitsASix

Let’s not be fooled here, this 5th League is to get the Colt teams in, it’s not going to go away, Italy will have B teams in place for next season with Germany and Spain having had them in the system for years. 

Personally I think a 16 team Lowland League East and West would be the better option in tier 5 with Colt teams put in there. Straight promotion to SPFL from winners of HL and the 2 LL East & West with 3 coming down with an increased 4th tier with 18 clubs instead of 10 with 3 going down.

Just now, kefc said:

Let’s not be fooled here, this 5th League is to get the Colt teams in, it’s not going to go away, Italy will have B teams in place for next season with Germany and Spain having had them in the system for years. 

Personally I think a 16 team Lowland League East and West would be the better option in tier 5 with Colt teams put in there. Straight promotion to SPFL from winners of HL and the 2 LL East & West with 3 coming down with an increased 4th tier with 18 clubs instead of 10 with 3 going down.

Colt teams in a league structure are anathema in this country. It may not be going to go away but it needs to be resisted at all costs. There is no need for it. There are perfectly reasonable youth structures in place. There is a dedicated reserve league structure. The loan system works absolutely fine where players need game time. 

Colt teams - as has been said on any number of occasions - completely kill the concept of a merit driven league structure. Those leagues become nothing more than the means through which the big clubs can deliver another stage of their training package. 

The sea is the only place for that sort of future. There are so many better options for improving Scottish football.  Clubs and their supporters need to stand up to this pish and get it kicked into touch. 

1 hour ago, AsimButtHitsASix said:

Maybe it's the lack of HL fans on this forum in general as they hide out in the wildnerness of Fitba North but would Highland League clubs/fans really care about a national non-league cup? They just don't seem bothered by anything south of Aberdeen (including the SPFL... and Fort William)

Think it makes from their point of view.

There's never been the tradition before as SoS/EoS would just be a drain on finances and lacking interest.

Even with the moves within the pyramid, there's maybe not the depth to risk Wick to Wigtown without the SFA picking up the tab like they do in the Scottish Cup.