Pyramid 2019/2020

1 hour ago, grinderbrokeyourhearts said:

They would quickly follow if the West slot into the pyramid. Then simply have the Junior Cup as non league only and hey presto we have a great product.

The stumbling block is where for the remaining East Juniors - I wouldn't be too happy with them coming in at Tier 6, as an overlapping rival to the EoS. Solving that is the big remaining issue. The SFA don't seem to understand the problem or care, so we have to hope the LL and the EoSFA will be able to get their point across. 

1 hour ago, grinderbrokeyourhearts said:

They would quickly follow if the West slot into the pyramid. Then simply have the Junior Cup as non league only and hey presto we have a great product.

What difference does it mare if it's junior cup or south challenge. Other than junior cup holds up the season

6 minutes ago, grinderbrokeyourhearts said:

Just it's prestige and history.

I don't mean the rules I mean the actual Cup should replace the south and North challenge Cup.

There is no North Challenge Cup anymore, it didn't get into a 3rd season - soS HFL clubs would have to find space in the fixture list for them to go into an expanded cup. 16 team SHFL?

Edited by cmontheloknow

4 minutes ago, grinderbrokeyourhearts said:

My point being a full of scotland non league Cup is something we'd all want.

Definitely the biggest miss of leaving the juniors.

Essentially that's what south challenge cup is though. I don't go for this we have to have the Junior Cup. The north teams were out in early rounds

Almost certain that Highland sides would make the latter stages. Would definitely add but point I was making is that they have a heavy fixtures programme with large distances involved and their entry into the national non-league KO would require them to find a significant number of saturday dates, increasing their current number of midweekers.

15 hours ago, Auld Heid said:

The juniors remains the only joined up organisation outside the SFL. Unfortunately they are run by amateurs.

Still not read anything about a solution for Tayside.

A national competition similar to the FA Vase is required.

No solution required for Tayside we are all members of the ERJFA and as such we enter the pryamid at Tier 6 along with the WRJFA from season 2019-20 ...Maybe the EoS clubs should ask their board about the outcome of the PWG meeting on Wednesday past. Very interesting meeting and I can understand why they are not breaking the news to their member clubs.

1 hour ago, locheeboy said:

No solution required for Tayside we are all members of the ERJFA and as such we enter the pryamid at Tier 6 along with the WRJFA from season 2019-20 ...Maybe the EoS clubs should ask their board about the outcome of the PWG meeting on Wednesday past. Very interesting meeting and I can understand why they are not breaking the news to their member clubs.

Sorry I’m not following - does that mean if Lochee - for example - win tier 6 will they go into the highland league or lowland league?

18 hours ago, grinderbrokeyourhearts said:

My point being a full of scotland non league Cup is something we'd all want.

Definitely the biggest miss of leaving the juniors.

I used to think that, but I’m not convinced that all the clubs do because if they did there would already be an all in non league senior cup.

How many teams are we talking 200? 8 rounds? With a lot of teams who don’t have floodlights sounds logistically impossible unless you make it the fixture priority which it clearly isn’t in the seniors.

1 hour ago, locheeboy said:

Enlighten us on what was said