Pyramid 2019/2020

2 minutes ago, AsimButtHitsASix said:

True. Forgot to check who had ex-Old Firm players as managers.

f**k remember when they couldn't stop going on about "Ex-Jambo" Robbie Horn when his side were up against Hibs? How many games did he play for Hearts?

I get the media need to find all angles they can to promote matches with the "diddy sides" in it but there's 1,001 great stories out there if they went beyond the usual clichéd ones

Has it escaped you that your condemining them for something that hasn't even happened yet? :unsure2:

1 minute ago, Burnie_man said:

Has it escaped you that your condemining them for something that hasn't even happened yet? :unsure2:

It's all part of Asim's Patented Managing Expectations Calculator

As you can see if I plan for the worst my end enjoyment will be higher than if I expect the best.

Untitled.png

I see on Twitter that it didnt go well for the PWG tonight and that the SFA is to take over the development of a West of Scotland league for next season to mimic the EOS premier at Tier 6.  Presumably the SOSL will be an equal partners there.  Any news??  

Its possible the SOS/WOSL merge (or the SOS rebrands & widens geographical scope) as the upper end of the SOS could in theory be sustainable travelling within the west. Lower down regionalize to accomadate for the clubs who can't or dont wish to travel.  

The issue with the SOS is its a small league covering a fairly small area with no probable expansion or new members as the only clubs in D&G outwith the SOS are sunday amateurs (Saturday amateur cease d in like 2014 or 2015 iirc). Not even an interloper from across the border ala Tweedmouth as to best of my knowledge theres no clubs in Cumbria north of Carlisle .

Shite to hear talks didnt go well as an SFA led league requires west juniors to jump ship & besides Clydebank/Kilwinning I've heard no clubs who'd be up for the move.

23 minutes ago, GNU_Linux said:

Its possible the SOS/WOSL merge (or the SOS rebrands & widens geographical scope) as the upper end of the SOS could in theory be sustainable travelling within the west. Lower down regionalize to accomadate for the clubs who can't or dont wish to travel.  

If there is a separate WOS created then you simply ask the SOS teams if they want to take part in it, and at the same time remove the SOS from the LL play-off. You can't on one hand argue for a merger in the east and not have one in the west. This sorts the problem of west teams being relegated from the LL - one up from east/west and two down from the LL.

On the subject of twitter, I did find this encouraging story from a fourth tier West Junior club: https://newmainsunitedfc.com/statement-pyramid-leaves-scottish-football-in-great-shape/

Edited by Ginaro

If there is a separate WOS created then you simply ask the SOS teams if they want to take part in it, and at the same time remove the SOS from the LL play-off. You can't on one hand argue for a merger in the east and not have one in the west. This sorts the problem of west teams being relegated from the LL - one up from east/west and two down from the LL.
On the subject of twitter, I did find this encouraging story from a fourth tier West Junior club: https://newmainsunitedfc.com/statement-pyramid-leaves-scottish-football-in-great-shape/
I only forsee a merger if the SJFA isnt involved. I can't see SOS clubs entertaining the idea of joining the a west league ran by the SJFA.

As for Newmains its nice to see them turning a corner after struggling for a while (they went pointless last season I'm sure). I'd agree with him that for most clubs they'd be playing at a similar level but with a better backing infrastructure & oppertunities. The sooner clubs realize this the sooner things can progress and we get over these archaic divides.

17 minutes ago, Ginaro said:

What a bizarre thing to put on their website, the SFA clearly haven't confirmed anything as has been done to death on here since that email was revealed.

“Creating the new West Region League and allowing it to be run by Tom Johnston of the Scottish Junior Football Association is fantastic."  Whaat? lol

Edited by Burnie_man

Would not surprise me in the slightest if johnston ends up being the man running the new west of scotland league !!!

It suits him,it suits his disciples and it probably suits the SFA to keep him in a job of importance.

All in all,am not too bothered by it,as long we take another step to a full and inclusive pyramid this close season.