Pyramid 2019/2020

3 hours ago, Gingernuts said:

but but but were the in the eos . were better than you. but but but the juniors are dead. all the knowitalls and fantasists telling the west clubs and ersjfa clubs they have to move are now seething. 

get it right up all tom johnston haters.  canny wait until he tells them . you made your bed you can lie in it. 

so fire away red dot brigade. because the juniors are very much alive and kicking.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::thumsup2:lol::lol::lol::thumsup2:lol::lol::lol: 

I'm quite happy in eosfl regardless

Well the email from the SFA says there is consensus and agreement when clearly that is not true.
Yes potentially. But clearly the email is not private and it is for the recipients to circulate to their members.Clearly the 1st to publicise will be those that are most advantaged and can say "told you so".Then those less happy grumble in the background.

Personally I disagree but for me you can't say it wont happen.

I suspect the juniors have more clout in ear bending than the eos does in being seen to be awkward.

i suspect even you if this was being discussed 4 years ago would have expected the junuors to be on a par with the eos or even replace/absorb it.

10 minutes ago, GordonS said:

The lower end of the LL must be worried about what they could get relegated into. Quite a few of them must know that the clubs who'll be coming up in future years will more than hold their own and they'll struggle to get back up if they do go down, so they ought to be fairly concerned about this.

I think they've always known that once junior integration happened. They just want to fall into a similarly professional run set up that the Lowland League has offered.

Probably why the LL2 idea has been floated around.

Yes potentially. But clearly the email is not private and it is for the recipients to circulate to their members.Clearly the 1st to publicise will be those that are most advantaged and can say "told you so".Then those less happy grumble in the background.

I suspect the juniors have more clout in ear bending than the eos does in being seen to be awkward.

Whether it's intended for private or public consumption is largely immaterial if it's inaccurate to begin with.

I *could* send something out on Pollok's official twitter via the clubs website if I so chose to do. I am not a committee member at the club. IMO, what the person on the ATFC twitter is doing is providing their own perspective on matters, but that is not necessarily reflective of the club's stance on every issue.

The future of Armadale Thistle will be determined by the elected committee who I am sure will consider supporters views and all relevant advantages which will benefit the club and the community, it will not be decided by individuals on social media

10 minutes ago, newcastle broon said:

Correct the LL hopefully get a say in all this and Club15 gets a reprieve. Still that all important space at club16 though and is there still gonnae be a ballot :whistle

Well the Lowland League reps were included. Then there's issues that have to be resolved for them.

Number of relegated teams an obvious one.

But what about if BSC or Cumberland Colts are relegated: Would the West Region accept them? Would they be able to join just the West Region and not the SJFA? 

What's the point in the juniors moving into the senior pyramid and still remaining "junior"?  There are one or two on here saying that this would be a victory for the junior clubs but I'm not sure how it would be.   They would no longer be in their own independent system from the seniors; they would be part of it although with huge divides in the east remaining and losing out on more local matches.

Edited by stanley

44 minutes ago, superbigal said:

i suspect even you if this was being discussed 4 years ago would have expected the junuors to be on a par with the eos or even replace/absorb it.

I don’t agree, the email says “for info”, it also states the SFA will distribute it? It was not for general distribution at this point imo.

15 hours ago, AsimButtHitsASix said:

In England the Southern League and Isthmian league have a fair degree of geographic crossover. Aside from the (fair) argument that it treats the EoS, and the clubs that moved over, like shite the differences are not irreconcilable.

EG: if the Tay remains the dividing line then East Region Junior league winners will go into a play off depending on their own geographical position. (ie Lochee would play off v North Region/North Caley winners but, say, Tayport would be up against EoS/WoS/SoS winners)

They had crossover at the point of starting the pyramid in England. That was equally ridiculous. This season's reorganisation has put pay to that  to that ludicrous situation. i don't see the necessity to have two leagues at that level in the east of Scotland. If this is the solution the PWG have come up with it beggars belief.  Or does it .... football administrators  at national level don't always seem to be the sharpest tools in the box otherwise why would we have U21/colt teams in Irn-Bru Cup/EFL Trophy when patently no supporters want to watch these games.

The email in question (thanks for sharing it locheeboy) is solid info but inconclusive and isn't the final word (no mention of LL / HL line being moved for starters). It does read like the east juniors are going to slot in at tier 6, but it also looks as if the writer is summarising the long-running pyramid saga and perhaps isn't fully aware of the complications of the east juniors and EoS covering the same area. Or perhaps they left out some vital details as there just wasn't room or the email wasn't the place to explain them. 

Either way there's a lot more to come on this and I don't think we can make any conclusions one way or another.

Certainly I think the west juniors joining en mass now looks to be a serious prospect, and the remaining east juniors joining in some form - but none of this would have been the case had so many east juniors left earlier this season.

2 hours ago, Super Saddler said:

They had crossover at the point of starting the pyramid in England. That was equally ridiculous. This season's reorganisation has put pay to that  to that ludicrous situation. i don't see the necessity to have two leagues at that level in the east of Scotland. If this is the solution the PWG have come up with it beggars belief.  Or does it .... football administrators  at national level don't always seem to be the sharpest tools in the box otherwise why would we have U21/colt teams in Irn-Bru Cup/EFL Trophy when patently no supporters want to watch these games.

Reliably informed Colts a sweetener for the Betfred groups.

Edited by cmontheloknow

Would be ridiculous situation to have 4 feeder leagues for the Lowland league especially with two in the east. What happens if Whitehill Welfare get relegated? Would they get to choose what league to join?

Should only have two feeder leagues west & east with South of Scotland league absorbed into Wed junior setup and the east junior teams absorbed into the EOS.

Changing of the boundary line between Highland and Lowland would be a big change as well.

Be interesting to see what comes out of next few PWG meetings.

4 hours ago, Burnie_man said:
5 hours ago, superbigal said:

Whether it's intended for private or public consumption is largely immaterial if it's inaccurate to begin with.

Wait, don't tell me, Lochee loony Larry jumped the gun.

Don't think the letter can be dismissed quite so easily as that given it comes from the SFA chief exec and is dated October 25th. It shows what the professional game board want and if that includes a shift of the LL:HL boundary from the Tay to the North Esk and agreement in principle to all three junior regions joining at tier 6 it is very significant even if the PWG still has to straighten out the details.

16 minutes ago, LongTimeLurker said:

Don't think the letter can be dismissed quite so easily as that given it comes from the SFA chief exec and is dated October 25th. It shows what the professional game board want and if that includes a shift of the LL:HL boundary from the Tay to the North Esk and agreement in principle to all three junior regions joining at tier 6 it is very significant even if the PWG still has to straighten out the details.

There is absolutely no mention whatsoever that the HL/LL boundary has changed in any way, meaning the Tayside question remains unresolved.

From what I am hearing today, the email was never meant to be made public and the content of it isn't accurate. It's people associated with the SJFA that made it public much to the annoyance of other's who sit on the PWG. To repeat, there is no consensus.

We will get a clearer picture after 14th November, I believe some PWG members have asked that an agreed statement is released following that meeting to clarify the exact position and to stop speculation and supposition.

Edited by Burnie_man

image.png.32b9d21d9b25f3987d43a61837b2d1dc.png

The email is also the result of a meeting of the Professional Game Board rather than the Pyramid Working Group. Which means the SPFL, Highland League and Lowland League would have been represented at the meeting. It seems like they were just accepting the PWG's recommendations and kicked it back to them to work out the details. Which means those effected by the LL:HL boundary are happy with it being changed.

Which makes sense as the Highland League don't want the Tayside teams in the their section and everyone saw the fuss Montrose made about getting relegated into the Highland League. The only part of the pyramid that would see it as an issue is the Eastern side who do not want to stretch from somewhere in Angus to Berwick.

With an agreement agreed in principle, it's going to be down to the details where it can all fall through. The way the EoS have been communicating the matter it's clear they're going to be playing hard ball to get the best for their clubs.

Edited by FairWeatherFan