Pyramid 2019/2020

15 minutes ago, superbigal said:

Burnieman I fear you are in an argument with Larry you wont win.  To be fair to him he has been totally consistent on how this would pan out.  

The only change from him is I dont believe he wants to knock me out or ban me from Thomson park any longer :thumsup2

On reflection I do not really have much sympathy for the Juniors who really were just sheep in joining the EOS at the last minute.

That was purely self preservation at work and the gamble was possibly wrong.

I tar Linlithgow, St Andrews, Dundonald  and Boness as 4 who I think actually changed their minds. 

In all honesty Al if today’s revelations had came out 6 months ago we wouldn’t as a club moved to the eosl and am sure a lot of other superleague teams of last season wouldn’t have moved either.

As you say self preservation possibly but in reality as a club we want to play at the highest level we can against the Linlithgows, Boness uniteds, hill of beaths, Nitten stars, Penicuiks, Bonnyrigg roses, camelon etc and when they moved that greatly changed our thinking.  

We were happy in the superleague we worked hard to get there and were fully enjoying it. Add Lochee, Broughty and Carnoustie to the above teams the standard was excellent.

However, we have moved and to a certain extent made our bed.  There are some excellent benefits of being in the eos as an organisation and it is well run but for us there’s also things that as an ersjfa club benefitted us also.

A mixture of both again as a personal choice would be ideal for us.

In all honesty in this current season of change our gate income is down by around 40% as opposed to the same number of home games in last seasons superleague but this can only really be bench marked come the end of season.

What today’s revelation does mean though is that any junior club whether staying within the juniors or who moved with us with any ambition to play lowland league football in the next few years that pathway just become a lot lot harder with one up one down and additional play offs across 4 different tier 6 leagues.

53 minutes ago, Cumbo said:

Ideally all clubs in the east would be under one roof. Could the boundary be moved to say Forfar/Arbroath? No point in going any higher and Montrose Roselea already play in the North region.

Have a premier league, 1st division then 2 or 3 regionals below that

There are already too many clubs feeding into the LL compared to the HL (if a feeder is set up), why increase the LL burden.

If the boundary is to be moved, then we need a LL (West) and a LL (East)

Edited by Burnie_man

22 minutes ago, Cumbo said:

Ideally all clubs in the east would be under one roof. Could the boundary be moved to say Forfar/Arbroath? No point in going any higher and Montrose Roselea already play in the North region.

Seriously doubt the HL want Lochee United or Carnoustie Panmure on board and the Angus SPFL clubs would probably prefer to be relegated to the LL, so this is probably easy to fix at an SFA AGM.

5 hours ago, locheeboy said:

Strange you should think that a disgrace. The EoS was never a strong association until the junior clubs moved over. After all you were a very successful club within the juniors why have this attitude when you are only a few months into your life in the EoS. 

It is now though, and the ERSJFA isn't, which is the point.

You really don't have anything to say about the irrationality of having two feeder divisions covering literally the same region? If not, I suspect you're just happy because it suits your club and you don't care if it's fair or logical or practical.

1 hour ago, superbigal said:

Burnieman I fear you are in an argument with Larry you wont win.  To be fair to him he has been totally consistent on how this would pan out.  

The only change from him is I dont believe he wants to knock me out or ban me from Thomson park any longer :thumsup2

On reflection I do not really have much sympathy for the Juniors who really were just sheep in joining the EOS at the last minute.

I tar Linlithgow, St Andrews, Dundonald  and Boness as 4 who I think actually changed their minds. 

A more accurate way to see it is that staying in a league with smaller and less competitive clubs, with longer journeys and most of the better teams far away, would have been a pointless act of self harm. Self preservation? And that's a bad thing why?

The moment Bo'ness jumped it became stupid for Linlithgow Rose to stay. You can call them "sheep" all you like, but grown ups making good decisions will obviously not want to be left behind. Other clubs in West Lothian did that in the past and it didn't work out well for them.

And now the remote, out-of-touch authorities want to reward the clubs who had no interest in joining the pyramid and passed up the chance to join Tier 6 on an equal basis in the summer by... putting them all in the pyramid at Tier 6.

I can see why you'd like that for the lolz, but it's obviously wrong.

6 minutes ago, stanley said:

Any solution here has to merge the EoS and East juniors.  Anything else is incredibly illogical.  Time to put aside all the senior/junior divide nonsense once and for all not maintain it.

^^^^^ In a nutshell 

2 hours ago, superbigal said:

Fans of St Andrews United had one vote to remain Junior before further information was divulged then the second vote was unanimous in favour of joining the EoS.  St Andrews United now appears to be fully committed to the EoS and the pyramid (with a lot of work being done towards licensing) so the idea of teams like Kennoway, Thornton and Whitburn being in tier six of the pyramid next season with Saints possibly in tier seven clearly won't go down well at Barnetts Park!   

11 minutes ago, stanley said:

Any solution here has to merge the EoS and East juniors.  Anything else is incredibly illogical.  Time to put aside all the senior/junior divide nonsense once and for all not maintain it.

Exactly, I still haven't heard one reason why juniors are any different from senior non-league. It's all non-league, there is no serious difference. ERJFA & EoSFL should just merge (with obviously the boundary issue to sort out as well).

1 hour ago, Burnie_man said:

There are already too many clubs feeding into the LL compared to the HL (if a feeder is set up), why increase the LL burden.

If the boundary is to be moved, then we need a LL (West) and a LL (East)

If this were to happen, the "German" approach to promotion play-offs can be done in giving the larger region an extra spot. That could mean numbers 1 & 2 in the LL, HL champions & #10 SPFL2 playing in a 4 way play-off for 1 spot in SPFL2. Although, in my opinion there should be automatic relegation, but in that case the SPFL2 #9 can join and for example a round robin can be played with the top 2 playing in SPFL2.

In England the Southern League and Isthmian league have a fair degree of geographic crossover. Aside from the (fair) argument that it treats the EoS, and the clubs that moved over, like shite the differences are not irreconcilable.

EG: if the Tay remains the dividing line then East Region Junior league winners will go into a play off depending on their own geographical position. (ie Lochee would play off v North Region/North Caley winners but, say, Tayport would be up against EoS/WoS/SoS winners)

4 minutes ago, Marten said:

Exactly, I still haven't heard one reason why juniors are any different from senior non-league. It's all non-league, there is no serious difference. 

Junior supporters are aff tha heeds, apart frae that, oor shite awe smells the same aye 

In all honesty Al if today’s revelations had came out 6 months ago we wouldn’t as a club moved to the eosl and am sure a lot of other superleague teams of last season wouldn’t have moved either.
As you say self preservation possibly but in reality as a club we want to play at the highest level we can against the Linlithgows, Boness uniteds, hill of beaths, Nitten stars, Penicuiks, Bonnyrigg roses, camelon etc and when they moved that greatly changed our thinking.  
We were happy in the superleague we worked hard to get there and were fully enjoying it. Add Lochee, Broughty and Carnoustie to the above teams the standard was excellent.
However, we have moved and to a certain extent made our bed.  There are some excellent benefits of being in the eos as an organisation and it is well run but for us there’s also things that as an ersjfa club benefitted us also.
A mixture of both again as a personal choice would be ideal for us.
In all honesty in this current season of change our gate income is down by around 40% as opposed to the same number of home games in last seasons superleague but this can only really be bench marked come the end of season.
What today’s revelation does mean though is that any junior club whether staying within the juniors or who moved with us with any ambition to play lowland league football in the next few years that pathway just become a lot lot harder with one up one down and additional play offs across 4 different tier 6 leagues.

Hals.Surely your crowds can't be down 40%
The average attendance for Dundonald games is 143 going by another thread. That would mean around 230-240 in Super League

We regularly had well over 200 at superleague games last season, Bonnyrigg haws Penicuik Lithgae Boness of the top of ma head.

Most other games were late 100s early 200 when playing lochee camelon kennoway etc

As said it’s not an even benchmark at the moment and can only be really checked end of season.  The teams we have played in the league so far with the exception of xgates have brought zero supporters.

Were also seeing our own floating supporters missing games and for the first time since av been at the bluebell we are really struggling to make our away bus travel viable due to the lack of our own supporters filling the bus for certain games. Our away support at Eyemouth last week out with committee was 11. Which is by far the worst it’s ever been.

Be interesting to see our crowd tomorrow at home to Boness 

Last season home to Boness was over 300 

Given the careless manner in which Bo’ness have got themselves turfed out the Alex Jack Cup, combined with the windchill factor tomorrow, I wouldn’t be surprised if there’s a few folk feeling totally scunnered and not arsed about going. Which is a shame really.

We know it's a transition season this year and all clubs will take a hit but next year there should be at least 10 of last year's Super League in new EOS top league under a professional structure so should work out ok

As a BU fan, I’ll wait and count my chickens once they’ve hatched!

1 minute ago, Fife Journeyman said:

We know it's a transition season this year and all clubs will take a hit but next year there should be at least 10 of last year's Super League in new EOS top league under a professional structure so should work out ok

Yip totally agree with that, just hope we finish top 5 or it really would be a financial disaster for us the following season.

We knew this season our gate income would be down to be fair and have budgeted accordingly.  On the flip side our hospitality income is up due to the fixture list mainly. 

Ultimately a likely 15 team tier 6 (+/-Whitehill Welfare and one of the below) in EOS next season could be:

Bo'ness United
Bonnyrigg Rose
Broxburn Ath
Camelon Juniors
Dundonald Bluebell
Hill of Beath Hawthorn
Jeanfield Swifts
Leith Ath
Linlithgow Rose
Musselburgh Ath
Newtongrange Star
Penicuik Ath
Sauchie Juniors
Stirling Univ EOS
Tranent

Take this with a grain of salt but,

What I have heard is that there will be some posturing and uncertainty for the next few months until eventually sometime before 31 of March the ERJFA and EoSFL will announce a merger of sorts in which EoS will become the sole league in tier 6 but previous ERJFA clubs will be integrated into the EoSFL league structure. That's all I have heard so not sure which ERJFA clubs will go where.

Again grain of salt as just what I've heard