Pyramid 2019/2020

I don't think the existing juniors should be shoehorned in next year, they had the chance to move last year and didn't so they should start at the lowest tier, You cant keep re organising leagues season after season just because a junior club decides they want to switch over all of a sudden.

24 minutes ago, calmac25 said:

Are either of you in a position to expand on this? Has Blackburn or Dalkeith been given their licence?

As far as we're concerned work continues, hopefully will be Licenced in time for next season.  The embargo shouldn't have affected other clubs too much as you know the requirements (they're detailed on the SFA website) and can get on and do what is required, embargo or no embargo.

Removing the embargo means that clubs can now formally apply for "Associate" SFA membership, pay their £2k joining fee, and get assistance from the SFA Licencing Dept. That's what Blackburn and Dalkeith did back in May.

Very good news! [emoji4]

Any change to the requirements? If not, applications will probably start flooding in very soon.

No change as far as I am aware, they don't move the goalposts mid-season, I think they have to be approved by SFA AGM (as changes affect all SFA members)

3 hours ago, Cyril said:

I don't think the existing juniors should be shoehorned in next year, they had the chance to move last year and didn't so they should start at the lowest tier, You cant keep re organising leagues season after season just because a junior club decides they want to switch over all of a sudden.

Makes sense to do it next season as a final adjustment to format (given it's a wholesale move) to allow teams to adjust to the new set-up, be fairly ludicrous to have another season like this in the West this time, easier to move the junior set-up across with teams if they're moving doing so  based on their pl;acing this season.   It's not season after season, next year will see a whole new league come in won't it?  Makes no sense to place clubs like Auchinleck and Pollk at the lowest tier if they choose to move as part of the league.  West's going to require a league feeding into the Lowland as well long term, feel it all makes sense to get it going as early as possible.

Teams from Tayside/North would likely be best placed a bit lower down the pyramid initially (although there will be one or two in Tayside who are stronger then the others).

Edited by RobM

Makes sense to do it next season as a final chance to allow teams to adjust to the new set-up, be fairly ludicrous to have another season like this in the West this time, easier to move the junior set-up across with teams if they're moving doing so  based on their pl;acing this season.   It's not season after season, next year will see a whole new league come in won't it?  Makes no sense to place clubs like Auchinleck and Pollk at the lowest tier if they choose to move as part of the league.  West's going to require a league feeding into the Lowland as well long term, feel it all makes sense to get it going as early as possible.

It makes sense to move the West wholesale to fill tiers 6, 7, 8 & 9 as a new WoS League. In the East, clubs should move to EoS in order to join the pyramid, otherwise it continues division in the Lothians and Fife. It would be madness to allow the ERJFA to operate in the pyramid seperate of EoS.

59 minutes ago, Burnie_man said:

Next PWG meeting now mid November.

In respect of being assessed for licensing surely it will be Blackburn and Dalkeith that are assessed first as they had already applied.  I don't know how many officials the SFA have to work on licensing but I'm sure its a timely process.

13 minutes ago, Excalibur said:

In respect of being assessed for licensing surely it will be Blackburn and Dalkeith that are assessed first as they had already applied.  I don't know how many officials the SFA have to work on licensing but I'm sure its a timely process.

The Licencing Dept only has 2 or 3 staff and they have to annually assess the existing 89 members as well as new applicants so I'm guessing it takes time, particularly if another 6 or 7 EoS clubs want Licenced this year.   No existing Junior club will be able to apply this season.

12 minutes ago, Burnie_man said:

The Licencing Dept only has 2 or 3 staff and they have to annually assess the existing 89 members as well as new applicants so I'm guessing it takes time, particularly if another 6 or 7 EoS clubs want Licenced this year.   No existing Junior club will be able to apply this season.

Quick check. By Dec 2018 they've still to do 6 from the SPFL, 8 from the HL/LL and possibly Dalkeith and Blackburn.

Everyone else is defaulted to a generic 2019.

Great news about the licensing, also 100% the juniors in there current set up with east and west superleagues are coming in at tier 6 and still being governed by the SJFA as current.

Lowland League promotion extremely hard now with currently only one up one down.  

Hopefully, the eosl sosl lowland and juniors can get together and have a national non league Scottish cup.

Glad it’s all sorted and we can get on with the football.

13 minutes ago, bluebell1 said:

Great news about the licensing, also 100% the juniors in there current set up with east and west superleagues are coming in at tier 6 and still being governed by the SJFA as current.

Again, that's not what the EoS minutes said from last nights meeting...............

Yes I am aware of that, the minutes aren’t clear due to the reference to tayside league.  It’s not a tayside league it’s the current east super league.  Have had clarification on it this afternoon.  

There will soon be a clear communication from the sfa am sure.

A don’t have any issue with it in all honesty and as a said it’s good to be resolved and we move forward.

Lowland League promotion extremely hard now with currently only one up one down.  
Hopefully, the eosl sosl lowland and juniors can get together and have a national non league Scottish cup.
Glad it’s all sorted and we can get on with the football.
The first paragraph is a tragic idea if its what the SFA go through with.Having teams in the same pyramid respond to different governing bodies re:discipline etc is beyond farcical. Also two feeders covering the same geographical area is farcical. It screws over the clubs who've joined the EOS already and indeed long time EOS members. East Juniors had their chance and didn't take it. Any new east clubs wanting in to the pyramid should be starting at the lowest level of the EOS. Theres also the small issue of Tayside clubs being outwith EOS and LL territory.

All this because people hold onto an archaic notion that being a certain grade makes them unique versus other non-league clubs.

11 minutes ago, bluebell1 said:

Yes I am aware of that, the minutes aren’t clear due to the reference to tayside league.  It’s not a tayside league it’s the current east super league.  Have had clarification on it this afternoon.  

There will soon be a clear communication from the sfa am sure.

A don’t have any issue with it in all honesty and as a said it’s good to be resolved and we move forward.

Well clearly there isn't clarity as different people on the PWG have a different interpretation on that, so I wouldn't hang your hat on it. As you will have seen, the EoS's position hasn't changed, they are the access route to the Pyramid in the East as the existing Senior league, it clearly isn't resolved.

Are Dundonald happy with a situation where the Lothians and Fife continue along divided lines as opposed to all playing in the same league structure? wouldn't you agree that having two governing bodies covering the same area would be ludicrous?