Arbroath vs Dumbarton

33 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

It's Agnew I remember. Whenever I think of Dumbarton he's the player that first comes to mind. Wanted us to try and get him for ages back in the day. There's highlights of another game from that season on that LichTV Vimeo channel that finished 4-3 us which would be better viewing for you. Agnew, McNiff and someone else with the goals...

A Kevin Nicol red card too... emoji23.png

Aggy was a tremendous player for us. That season he was unplayable - 13 goals and 15 assists. If anyone in our side this season can get near those levels then we'll be raving about them. Didn't ever look out of place in the Championship either...well until St Mirren ruined him.

Think McNiff got a double in the 4-3 game. Scored once in his other 92 appearances for us :lol:

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Aye meant EF with the hoodoo we've gave them few hidings to make up for it but they always seemed to get something from us regardless

Highlights of that game. Chris Innes and Steven Doris scoring.

Doris, Swankie and Hill still with us, it's possibly Hamilton at left back too I never paid attention.

Midfield with Kerr, Sheerin and Falkingham. Doris and Colin Samuel upfront. [emoji23]
Ah I see. I was going to greenie but then I scrolled and realised there are highlights with us losing so you'll need to be content with me quoting the whole post instead.

Craig Dargo's debut for us :wub:
That got me thinking though, I'm not sure I've actually ever seen us win at Gayfield.

I remember the 2012 playoff game like it was yesterday, 2-1 down after the first leg, absolutely battered u for 90 mins but couldn’t score, Grindley probably had the best performance of a keeper I’ve ever seen

1 hour ago, afc_36_0 said:

I remember the 2012 playoff game like it was yesterday, 2-1 down after the first leg, absolutely battered u for 90 mins but couldn’t score, Grindley probably had the best performance of a keeper I’ve ever seen

Until last season's play-off I'd never seen us win at Gayfield and I've seen us play there lots of times.

Good job I won't be there on Saturday.

5 minutes of highlights from that game too

Was unreal effort from Grindlay

https://vimeo.com/42231913

Save at 3.55 is incredible

We had more and hit the bar and post that day too I'm sure which isn't in there

Is Robbie Mutch likely to be in goals for Dumbarton on Saturday?I read somewhere that emergency loans now go on a rolling weekly deal so wasn’t sure if he was still at the club. If so I hope we get plenty balls on top of him in the box, was a big weakness for him when he was at us and I’m sure vs Stranraer he flapped at a cross leading to a goal (could be wrong).

24 minutes ago, Lichtie78 said:

Is Robbie Mutch likely to be in goals for Dumbarton on Saturday?I read somewhere that emergency loans now go on a rolling weekly deal so wasn’t sure if he was still at the club. If so I hope we get plenty balls on top of him in the box, was a big weakness for him when he was at us and I’m sure vs Stranraer he flapped at a cross leading to a goal (could be wrong).

He'll still be with us, aye. The emergency loan has to be renewed every week, but Grant Adam's in a bad way.

He maybe could've communicated a bit better with Andy Dowie for the first goal, but that aside he was very good against Stranraer. Certainly a major improvement on Adam.

He'll still be with us, aye. The emergency loan has to be renewed every week, but Grant Adam's in a bad way.
He maybe could've communicated a bit better with Andy Dowie for the first goal, but that aside he was very good against Stranraer. Certainly a major improvement on Adam.

A bad way as in season over? Career over?

2 minutes ago, son hawk said:

What exactly is Adams injury? I've heard how he would be out long term but can't recall what it was.

I actually have no idea tbh. I just remember seeing Aitken's quote in the paper, saying something along the lines of it being potentially career ending.

Have all you Arbroath fans kissed and made up . The last time we played you you were all squabbling amongst yourselves. Squabbling is an art form perfected by the Dumbarton fans.. Any chance the game be played in windless conditions otherwise Dumbarton will concede their customary goal from seventy yards( For anyone under 40 seventy yards is slightly less than seventy metres)

18-20mph winds forecasted at kick off

Archived