Arbroath vs Dumbarton

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Have all you Arbroath fans kissed and made up . The last time we played you you were all squabbling amongst yourselves. Squabbling is an art form perfected by the Dumbarton fans.. Any chance the game be played in windless conditions otherwise Dumbarton will concede their customary goal from seventy yards( For anyone under 40 seventy yards is slightly less than seventy metres)

12 minutes ago, Scottylintonstowel said:

Any chance the game be played in windless conditions 

In Arbroath?

If Grant "Flapper" Adam is in goal just make sure there are enough rowing-boats in the North Sea to collect the balls that will end up there every time he clears from his area toward the town.

21 minutes ago, Scottylintonstowel said:

Have all you Arbroath fans kissed and made up . The last time we played you you were all squabbling amongst yourselves. Squabbling is an art form perfected by the Dumbarton fans.. Any chance the game be played in windless conditions otherwise Dumbarton will concede their customary goal from seventy yards( For anyone under 40 seventy yards is slightly less than seventy metres)

Who was it that scored from inside their own half against us at Gayfield, maybe around a decade ago? I’m trying to remember and it’s annoying me now :lol:

5 minutes ago, Old Scrotum said:

In Arbroath?

If Grant "Flapper" Adam is in goal just make sure there are enough rowing-boats in the North Sea to collect the balls that will end up there every time he clears from his area toward the town.

By the sounds of it we might not see Adam again. Robbie Mutch will be our number 1 unless the new gaffer thinks Jamie McGowan is better.  Mutch played for Arbroath so here's hoping he's used to the conditions.

3 minutes ago, FifeSons said:

Who was it that scored from inside their own half against us at Gayfield, maybe around a decade ago? I’m trying to remember and it’s annoying me now :lol:

My mind is saying Barry Sellars, but it was a long, long time ago now. Michael White was in goals for us that day.

Edit: Yas. I might've been 12 years old, but I still had a smashing memory for lower league facts.

By the sounds of it we might not see Adam again. Robbie Mutch will be our number 1 unless the new gaffer thinks Jamie McGowan is better.  Mutch played for Arbroath so here's hoping he's used to the conditions.

Mutch getting injured at Edinburgh City and the introduction of Ricky Gomes was what won us the league

Just now, 1320Lichtie said:

BARRY SELLARS.

One of my favourite ever Arbroath goals. I was right behind it.

Just now, Ross Forbes said:

My mind is saying Barry Sellars, but it was a long, long time ago now. Michael White was in goals for us that day.

That's the one. For some reason, all I could think was Kevin Byers (who never even played for Arbroath :lol:)

We must officially be Arbroath's bogey team? Even when we've been shockingly bad recently they haven't managed to beat us.

Alloa too, East Fife had a hoodoo over us for a while but aye can't really mind the last time we beat you off the top of my head.

Alloa too, East Fife had a hoodoo over us for a while but aye can't really mind the last time we beat you off the top of my head.
10th March 2012 but we've only played five times since then and three were draws. Hardly a hoodoo.

37 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

Or position Forbes on the left.

10th March 2012 but we've only played five times since then and three were draws. Hardly a hoodoo.

Aye meant EF with the hoodoo we've gave them few hidings to make up for it but they always seemed to get something from us regardless

Highlights of that game. Chris Innes and Steven Doris scoring.

Doris, Swankie and Hill still with us, it's possibly Hamilton at left back too I never paid attention.

Midfield with Kerr, Sheerin and Falkingham. Doris and Colin Samuel upfront. [emoji23]

5 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Aye meant EF with the hoodoo we've gave them few hidings to make up for it but they always seemed to get something from us regardless

Highlights of that game. Chris Innes and Steven Doris scoring.

Doris, Swankie and Hill still with us, it's possibly Hamilton at left back too I never paid attention.

Midfield with Kerr, Sheerin and Falkingham. Doris and Colin Samuel upfront. emoji23.png

Craig Dargo's debut for us :wub:

That got me thinking though, I'm not sure I've actually ever seen us win at Gayfield.

Craig Dargo's debut for us :wub:
That got me thinking though, I'm not sure I've actually ever seen us win at Gayfield.

It's Agnew I remember. Whenever I think of Dumbarton he's the player that first comes to mind. Wanted us to try and get him for ages back in the day. There's highlights of another game from that season on that LichTV Vimeo channel that finished 4-3 us which would be better viewing for you. Agnew, McNiff and someone else with the goals...

A Kevin Nicol red card too... [emoji23]

46 minutes ago, microdave said:
1 hour ago, 1320Lichtie said:

I think it’s more how rank rotten we’ve been in the last three, that’s it’s surprising Arbroath didn’t win one.

Archived