Arbroath vs Dumbarton

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Thank you very much

Don't thank me, thank @mairdrink (if he still visits here). Infographics, online calendars and the odd promo video are my only areas at DFC :lol:

Few things from those highlights.

That's a howler of an offside decision against Beany. That assistant got four decisions wrong in the first-half. Two where he flagged offside despite our player not being active, and another where he played on despite Beany being about five yards behind the last defender. Not his finest day at the office.

You can actually hear Robbie Mutch shouting 'HEADER, HEAD AWAY' to Perry, who leaves it. Allardice then gets himself into a right mess, and Arbroath are level. Criminal defending.

No surprise to see Doris easily beat Perry for the second goal either. I had thought Mutch maybe could've dealt with the cross better, but I don't think he can really be blamed for that.

The last goal just sums up our centre-back issue. Dowie's miles out of position and walking, Perry's taken out the game by a single pass and Mutch probably should be saving that one. If Jim Duffy is to be our new manager then I'd be straight on the phone to big Luca Gasparotto (assuming he's not injured). Duffy's signed him twice and he's a free agent, a deal where he comes in and gets back up to speed as an amateur until January might suit both parties.

Don't thank me, thank [mention=58839]mairdrink[/mention] (if he still visits here). Infographics, online calendars and the odd promo video are my only areas at DFC [emoji38]
Few things from those highlights.
That's a howler of an offside decision against Beany. That assistant got four decisions wrong in the first-half. Two where he flagged offside despite our player not being active, and another where he played on despite Beany being about five yards behind the last defender. Not his finest day at the office.
You can actually hear Robbie Mutch shouting 'HEADER, HEAD AWAY' to Perry, who leaves it. Allardice then gets himself into a right mess, and Arbroath are level. Criminal defending.
No surprise to see Doris easily beat Perry for the second goal either. I had thought Mutch maybe could've dealt with the cross better, but I don't think he can really be blamed for that.
The last goal just sums up our centre-back issue. Dowie's miles out of position and walking, Perry's taken out the game by a single pass and Mutch probably should be saving that one. If Jim Duffy is to be our new manager then I'd be straight on the phone to big Luca Gasparotto (assuming he's not injured). Duffy's signed him twice and he's a free agent, a deal where he comes in and gets back up to speed as an amateur until January might suit both parties.
I thought he said its away at the time so maybe a bit of confusion with the defender but definitely sounds like head away on the video.

Very tight offside call in the first half to stop us going 2-0 up. Beanie also very unlucky not to make it 2-0 just before the equaliser.

What on earth was the keeper doing? :blink:

Perry far too easily beaten for the second and the third has gone straight through the keeper. Story of our season, conceding such easily preventable goals.

Watched the highlights there, obviously hard to tell just from them but Dumbarton missed some serious chances, namely that one right before Wallace scores that cross. Not sure how Russell didn’t manage to get it over the line. Fine margins.

A deserved victory on Saturday without being at our best.

I have to laugh at some of the comments when games are played in conditions as windy as that, ffs when you walk round in the open at half-time you see fans being about blown over yet still shout abuse if somebody makes a mistake, the only thing i get annoyed it is after a corner kick going direct out of play if the same player gets another opportunity they do the same thing i.e. kick the corner kick direct over everybody's heads again and out of play (Wallace).

On the subject of Wallace i like him as a player, his goal-scoring is good, he also sets up goals and maybe sometimes he is a bitty ball greedy but he is a nuisance to play against.

Was surprised at the subs especially  taken McKenna off as apart from Swanks i thought McKenna was our best player but you cannot argue with the Bunnet as we got the result in the end.

Myself and everybody around me would have taken off Smith who at times seemed out his depth, i agree with others what i have seen up to now i cannot see him being any better player than Hester so cannot see the point in bringing him in and putting Hester out on loan?

Swankie was my mom and great to see the legend Doris getting his goal but he still looks a few weeks from being back to full fitness so i would suspect a few more 30 minute sub appearances before we see him starting.

3 minutes ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

Ross Perry is absolutely garbage but everyone knew this before the season started.

Surprised to see Arbroath fans finding faults in their side sitting top of the league.

One person unfortunately didn't.

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/2695272/rangers-ian-durrant-ross-perry-dumbarton-transfer/

Archived