Arbroath vs Dumbarton

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply
56 minutes ago, Big lichtie said:

cant wait to hear simons take onthe game today . after all wallaces technical is there for all to see . ffs cant even take a corneremoji23.png

Ryan Wallace has contributed to more goals (goals & assists) than any other player in the entire division :lol:

Thought were second best in the first half but came on to a game in the second, much as the Airdrie game as others have said. Jamieson should have done better for the Dumbarton goal and it was disappointing to in at half time a goal down but I think Dumbarton deserved their lead. 

We were better in the second half but it took a while to break down the Dumbarton defence and I thought we might not score, but once we did it felt like we would go on to win. Wallace's goal, fluke or skill? Doesn't matter, they all count and a typical Doris goal with what was virtually his first touch after coming on as a sub, and what a great response from the fans. Swankie's goal made sure of the win but I didn't think Dumbarton looked like a side struggling at the bottom end of the league. They played the ball out of defence quite often and got support to their forwards quickly from midfield. I'm sure they'll move up the league when they get a new manager settled in.

Felt a wee bit sorry for Calum Smith, nothing worked for him  today. He put in a lot of effort but very little came off for him and he could have been subbed much earlier. Hope it was just one of those days for him. 

Smith put effort in. Well woopie f**king doo. That's a bare minimum for any player. I could play every week and I would put in as much effort as any other player but I'm still going to be absolutely garbage.

5 minutes ago, Leicesterlichtie said:

That's a bit short & sweet, Simon. I'm disappointed. I was looking forward to full in depth analysis of player & game over breakfast in the morning.

I don't need to say anything further - I just let Waldo do the talking every week by making his doubters look sillier and sillier as the weeks go on :)

If you're looking for something to do over breakfast, you could have a look over Ryan Wallace's best bits from this season, would expect it to take most of the morning up though considering how good he's been for us so far.

Smith put effort in. Well woopie f**king doo. That's a bare minimum for any player. I could play every week and I would put in as much effort as any other player but I'm still going to be absolutely garbage. 

Smith wasn't great but he was still ok. I thought first half he was one of our better players, didn't do much second, nearly set up Waldo for 2-1 with a good cross but that was all. If that was Hester who put that performance in today you'd probably get the half glass full perspective from some fans, the he worked hard for team etc stuff..

if We had won every game 6-0 and were 12 points clear at the top,  people on here would still find a minimum of 2 players to slag off and demand them being dropped. It was Kader, then Whatley, Hamilton, Wallace, swanks last season and David Gold had it for nearly a full season. 

Now they will move onto smith, it will never change and now actually makes me laugh.

Today was imo a classic example of why football is all about results.
sons didn’t play too bad and were better team in first hour but could have lost by more in end.
arbroath are good middle to front and object was to get ball their asap which didn’t really work into wind but came good.
Next week we can play as bad as we want but must win

Your last sentence is easier said than done. East Fife have won their last eight matches including two championship sides!

if We had won every game 6-0 and were 12 points clear at the top,  people on here would still find a minimum of 2 players to slag off and demand them being dropped. It was Kader, then Whatley, Hamilton, Wallace, swanks last season and David Gold had it for nearly a full season. 
Now they will move onto smith, it will never change and now actually makes me laugh.
People using a forum to voice an opinion. Shock horror. Pretty boring reading just to pat everyone on the back after every game. We're doing fantastic this season buy there is always room for improvement. Kadar was dropped after some fairly average performances so no surprise that people suggested that may happen. If we won every game 6 0 that would be a different story.

Smith was poor today. Anyone who understands the game of football saw that. I hope it was just a one off. Personally I thought Hammy and Thomson didn’t play well but the fact we won will see that go unnoticed. Bobby struggled 1st half but improved in the 2nd. It wasn’t a perfect performance and we will need to improve going forward.

8 hours ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Smith wasn't great but he was still ok. I thought first half he was one of our better players, didn't do much second, nearly set up Waldo for 2-1 with a good cross but that was all. If that was Hester who put that performance in today you'd probably get the half glass full perspective from some fans, the he worked hard for team etc stuff..

Tbh from what I've seen from Smith I have been pretty underwhelmed he just constantly loses the ball and certainly hasn't been any better than Hester, sure their is a player in there but not happening just yet .

Dumbarton didn't do enough in the first half. After the break I feared a Raith Rovers style pummelling, especially when Arbroath started hitting them from just about any distance.

Didn't expect a result so not too disappointed.

A stroll through Lichtie1320's previous posts reveals what a totally sad person he is. I can only assume that he makes his sick and obscene remarks to draw attention to himself.

To all the great Arbroath fans I met yesterday - and have met over many years - I know that he does not represent your support. 

Tbh from what I've seen from Smith I have been pretty underwhelmed he just constantly loses the ball and certainly hasn't been any better than Hester, sure their is a player in there but not happening just yet .

Had his moments, not featured much, that was only his first start yesterday and there's been 3 weeks where he couldn't get involved because of the Jobbies Cup. 2 where he couldn't get involved because of an injury.

Start him again next week. If it's not working same subs as today. Feels like a new signing having Stevie Doris back and able to come on and get involved. McKenna and Doris will be throwing Hammill all over the joint. [emoji23]

Almost a carbon copy of the Airdrie game a few weeks ago, Dumbarton just didn’t do enough when they had the wind. Jamieson had a howler for the goal but it’s pretty good going for a league one keeper to only make his first big mistake of the season at the end of October. I would have had McKenna and Smith the other way around, Smith had a stinker but I think it was just a bad day at the office for him. Wallace is such a nuisance for opposition defences, and deserved his goal which maybe had a slice of luck about it. It’s obvious Dumbartons biggest problems lie in defence. Perhaps just a season too far for Dowie?And Ross Perry is just a poor centre half. Ballantyne had a good game, dealt with Linn very well. Second half Gav Swankie had the cigars out, what a player he’s been this season. Steven Doris coming on and scoring was fucking brilliant. A true arbroath legend.

Archived