Arbroath vs Dumbarton

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Will the new manager be announced this week?
It's hard to judge really. Other than the announcement that Aitken had been sacked we haven't heard much.

Either way I'd imagine the board will make some form of announcement prior to Saturday, whether that is in relation to a new manager being appointed or to confirm that Durrant will be in charge for Saturday I don't know. Given that we haven't had any mention of Durrant as of yet I'd imagine they will look to clear that up if the new manager isn't appointed by the end of the week.

I'm holiding out hope that we will have a new man at the helm for this.

It's hard to judge really. Other than the announcement that Aitken had been sacked we haven't heard much.

Either way I'd imagine the board will make some form of announcement prior to Saturday, whether that is in relation to a new manager being appointed or to confirm that Durrant will be in charge for Saturday I don't know. Given that we haven't had any mention of Durrant as of yet I'd imagine they will look to clear that up if the new manager isn't appointed by the end of the week.

I'm holiding out hope that we will have a new man at the helm for this.

Anyone in particular you would want?

Anyone in particular you would want?
I'd probably be happy with Duffy but I've no idea whether he's interested or whether the board are interested in him.

There have been very little in the way of rumours regarding who has applied etc so I'm purely basing my preference on who I know is available. We may well have had applicants that no one has even mentioned so far that tick more boxes than Duffy.

1 hour ago, lichtie23 said:

Will the new manager be announced this week?

As BBPF touches on, things have been very, very quiet regarding the new manager. Most of the discussion has just been us chucking around names, and nobody has came out in the press and announced that they're interested - which hopefully means Nacho Novo hasn't applied.

I'm still keen on us going for a young ex-pro looking to take his first steps into management, but in the situation we're in Jim Duffy seems like the perfect option. Whether or not we're actually interested (or if he sees us as a good option) remains to be seen.

This one's a bit of a free hit for us. We'd have certainly lost it under Aitken, so taking anything would be a bonus. It seems Jack Aitchison is still with us, so it would be interesting to see us play to his strengths against an Arbroath defence that apparently looked very dodgy on Friday night.

I expect we'll probably be bottom of the table outright come 5pm on Saturday, but the six or so games following this will be our real chance to start picking up points.

Lichties: recommended places please for buying the best smokies. (I purchase on behalf of local eateries and try to get my profit to cover my beer bill.)

On which subject, Lochland's Bar still worth a visit for the discerning real-ale gentleman?

Lichties: recommended places please for buying the best smokies. (I purchase on behalf of local eateries and try to get my profit to cover my beer bill.)
On which subject, Lochland's Bar still worth a visit for the discerning real-ale gentleman?

Any of the fine fish houses in Arbroath would do you. I use Swankie’s personally. Best to phone them tho so they could have an order ready for you.

4 hours ago, lichtie23 said:

Any of the fine fish houses in Arbroath would do you. I use Swankie’s personally. Best to phone them tho so they could have an order ready for you.

I would recommend E & O fishhouse which sits back  from the dual-carriageway quite close to the harbour they have a very good selection of fish and as already stated if you phone them they will make sure they will have sufficient smokies available.

8 hours ago, Ross Forbes said:

As BBPF touches on, things have been very, very quiet regarding the new manager. Most of the discussion has just been us chucking around names, and nobody has came out in the press and announced that they're interested - which hopefully means Nacho Novo hasn't applied.

I'm still keen on us going for a young ex-pro looking to take his first steps into management, but in the situation we're in Jim Duffy seems like the perfect option. Whether or not we're actually interested (or if he sees us as a good option) remains to be seen.

We may be engaged in a Tug Of Managerial Talent with Airdrie right now, and as  someone once remarked, Patience might well be The Key.  Having said that, I'd be expecting an appointment by Xmas.

Back to the old guard this week.
Jameson
Thommo
Ricky
TOB
Hammy
Kader/Denholm
Swanks
Whately
Linn
McKenna
Wallace.

I genuinely don’t think Denholm deserves a start after his performance on Friday. He really needs a kick up the arse. There is a very talented player but he just seems off just now

Strange feeling this one. It feels like a bit of a free go for us.  We've been shite and are currently without a manager.  We either go into Saturday with Ian Durrant in temporary charge and have absolutely no expectation, or we go into it with a new gaffer in charge and still absolutely no expectation, due to how shite we've been. I would obviously prefer the latter as it's likely to increase the efforts of the playing staff but I don't feel any pressure going into this. 

Arbroath have been excellent so far this season and are quite rightly top of the pile.  They're coming off a bad defeat though and I'm sure Dick will be looking for a reaction from his squad.  If we take anything from this game I'll be quite happy.

Archived